JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » Bear Archery Belt Buckle / What Vintage?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bear Archery Belt Buckle / What Vintage?
gsxrkiller
Member # 45621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gsxrkiller   Email gsxrkiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please could anyone help me with the year or years of manufacture of the belt buckle shown in the attachment. I have one and have been wearing it, love it! https://goo.gl/photos/ARG2mBjjXKmxHdE5A
Posts: 3 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
reddogge
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for reddogge   Author's Homepage   Email reddogge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't know but probably from the 70s with the compound on it.

--------------------
PBS Reg member 1973
Maryland Bowhunters Society
Traditional Bowhunters of Maryland
Heart of Maryland Bowhunters
NRA

Posts: 4993 | From: Finksburg, MD | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crazynate
Banned
Member # 41944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazynate   Email crazynate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one in the package unopened and its was made in Gainesville. They are popular and are pretty common to see. I'm guessing early 80s?  -
Posts: 853 | From: MI | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shick
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shick   Email shick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'killer, That buckle first appeared in the 1982 catalog. Listed as New Bear Custom Belt Buckle; german silver bear logo on brass background. Size 2 1/4 x 3". Hope this helps.
Shick

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Posts: 1690 | From: Pa | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crazynate
Banned
Member # 41944

Icon 1 posted      Profile for crazynate   Email crazynate   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to know thanks shick.
Posts: 853 | From: MI | Registered: Jul 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gsxrkiller
Member # 45621

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gsxrkiller   Email gsxrkiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In the package! Thats awesome. I have seen them fetch a big price on **** out of package, I wonder what someone would be willing to pay to get an in the pkg specimen in their collection. So we are thinking 80's generally. Someone probably has this item in a catalog somewhere.
Posts: 3 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
crazynate
Banned
Member # 41944

I always wonder that too. This stuff goes up and down in price on the big site so much. I seen these out of the package sell for 40-120. Guess it all depends on who's bidding. I got this one at Compton for 30 bucks a few years ago.
gsxrkiller
Member # 45621

Thanks to everyone!

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©