JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » Doc

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Doc
TRAP
Assoc Sponsor - 2017 Contributor
Member # 12775

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRAP   Email TRAP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend just sent me a link from the "Wall" that announces the passing of the Real Bowdoc.

Sad news, Don Ward contributed so much knowledge and expertise to this site and others.

RIP Doc

--------------------
"If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" Gen. Eric Shinsheki

"If you laugh, and you think, and you cry, that's a full day, that's a heck of a day." Jim Valvano.

Posts: 4369 | From: MO | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keefer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keefer   Author's Homepage   Email Keefer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is sad news indeed Trap and I have seen it posted on other sites as well.
He had a wealth of knowledge and was unselfish to share what he knew with the 101 How to in the day. One of the best repairmen on what we all love and that's the traditional bow.
I surely missed his How to section and I pray we can all come together to pay him respect for all he has offered here and elsewhere.
I pray for his family and close friends as they say their farewell to a True Legend Mr. one and only "Bow Doc" May he Rest in eternal Peace in Jesus name I pray!

Posts: 4085 | From: Hurlock Maryland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gator1
Contributor 2017
Member # 11196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gator1   Email Gator1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never corresponded with this gentleman but I have heard nothing but good things about his passion

May he Rest In Peace

Posts: 4795 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Whitmire Jr
2017 Contributor
Member # 13714

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Whitmire Jr   Email Jack Whitmire Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don was hard to get in touch with but when he called you he would talk bowhunting for hours. Great guy who had as much knowledge about vintage trad bows as anyone. RIP DOC you were/are one of a kind !

--------------------
Tolerance is a virtue of a man without any Morals- unknown author

Posts: 1134 | From: Scott Depot, WV | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bjorn
Contributor 2017
Member # 6694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bjorn   Email Bjorn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don was the best in the business and the only one who could increase the value of your bow by refinishing.
On top of that he was a fine guy. Humble, and never arrogant just a fine guy who freely shared his secrets.
Prayers for family and friends, RIP my friend!

Posts: 9988 | From: Los Gatos, California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mangonboat
Contributor 2015
Member # 42303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mangonboat   Email mangonboat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don was real and a great contributor to our community.

--------------------
mangonboat

I've adopted too many bows that needed a good home.

Posts: 907 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Oct 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zepnut
2017 Contributor
Member # 19993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zepnut   Author's Homepage   Email zepnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
RIP Don
Posts: 902 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Larry m
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8300

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Larry m   Email Larry m   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To busy to follow these sites much anymore but just happened to pick this up at a quick look on Leatherwall.

Doc's generous sharing of knowledge inspired many of us to attempt the step up to a new standard in refinishing and repair of classic old archery equipment along with a bit of history lesson.

I always got a kick out of some of his previous posts and his ebXX adds.

The One, The Only, Original Bow Doc.
You truly will be missed!!
RIP

Posts: 1150 | From: California | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
seboomook
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for seboomook   Email seboomook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sad news, he was one of the best.
Posts: 281 | From: Florida | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cacciatore
Contributor 2017
Member # 17855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cacciatore   Email cacciatore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We have lost a giant. RIP Don

--------------------
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Posts: 9124 | From: Italy/Colorado | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Horney Toad
Contributor 2014
Member # 9539

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Horney Toad   Email Horney Toad   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know, was so sorry to hear the bad news.
Posts: 1585 | From: MD | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
highlife
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21266

Icon 1 posted      Profile for highlife   Email highlife   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with everything said above ... sure did appreciate his hints and tips for us neophyte Bow Doctors!!!

--------------------
There's something about holding a longbow in your hand!

Posts: 199 | From: Alaska | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©