JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » Trad History/Collecting » Vintage Recurve Identification and Questions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Vintage Recurve Identification and Questions
Valkyra68
Member # 30619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valkyra68   Email Valkyra68   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Archery lovers,
Rookie here with some questions about my bow. The only markings are the ones shown and there is very little on the internet that I can find about Indian bows. I think itís ďvintageĒ but not worth very much?

1. Does anyone know what kind of bow this is and what itís made of?
2. Does anyone know when it was made?
3. Correct me if Iím wrong but why does it seem vintage bows arenít worth very much? Is it because they are of inferior quality, or because the demand is low?
Iím not selling this bow but Iíd still like to get some opinions.
 -  -

--------------------
Fast is Fine but Accuracy is Final~
A gentleman is simply a patient wolf~
Power is nothing without control~

Posts: 5 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valkyra68
Member # 30619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Valkyra68   Email Valkyra68   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I donít know why it didnít post the pictures ☹️
 -
 -

--------------------

Posts: 5 | From: California | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wadde
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wadde   Email wadde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your bow was made in the 1960's. The lighter wood in the handle is Maple. Not sure about the darker wood. Indian made a lot of different models. If I knew the length of the bow I could narrow it down. Yours is stamped with an S which means it was a second. It will have a minor blemish most likely to the fiberglass. Some of the hunting and competition models bring decent prices and others not so much.
Posts: 1015 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valkyra68
Member # 30619

Thanks Wadde,
Itís a 60í I didnít think this was too bad of a bow until I bought my Predator...but Iím keeping it for when my kids get up to a #45. I also have a couple Bear Kodiaks that are just beautiful to shoot. Again- thanks for the info!

--------------------

Valkyra68
Member # 30619

Shoot I lied. I havenít even taken it out on so long I think itís longer than my 68Ē but hard to tell because itís so straight

--------------------

zepnut
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19993

Icon 1 posted      Profile for zepnut   Author's Homepage   Email zepnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe the darker wood is walnut.
Posts: 944 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wadde
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8870

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wadde   Email wadde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is probably 66" Two models made in the 60's that were 66" with white glass were the Iroquois and the Sioux. The Iroquois had rosewoods in the handle so I would lean toward Sioux.
Posts: 1015 | From: wisconsin | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mahantango
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mahantango   Email mahantango   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking the Cochise.

--------------------
We are all here because we are not all there.

Posts: 1159 | From: central Pa. | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wadde
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8870

The Cochise was a 56 inch bow with dark fiberglass.It was considered a beginners bow at the time.

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©