JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » HIGHLIGHTS 2011 » father \son Wis. bucks (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: father \son Wis. bucks
gordydog
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gordydog   Email gordydog   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My son took his first traditional harvest on November 4th with my lucky 51# John McDonald 21st Century style bow. The walking buck passed by at 20 yards so he squeeked his mouth to stop it for the shot. His 705 grain arrow tipped with 200 grain grizzly hit the hair tuft he was focusing on. The buck traveled 40 yards before expiring.
Since my favorite bow was being used, I had to go to my old stand by 55# John McDonald HH style bow to harvest this buck as he provided an irresistible shot. The 640 grain arrow with Zwickey Delta passed through the deer with little resistance. A very memorable hunt for a thankful father and son.  -  -  -

Posts: 233 | From: WI | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sequoia
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 24687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sequoia   Email Sequoia   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is too cool. Congrats to both your son and you. Great shot as well. [clapper]

Now if I could just convince my pops to put down his 7mm and pick up a bent stick

Posts: 520 | From: Bonsall, CA ~ Camp Lejeune, NC | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly
Contributor 2016
Member # 1777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kelly   Email Kelly   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Gene and son!

--------------------
>>>>============>

Enjoy the flight of an arrow amongst Mother Nature's Glory!

Once one opens the mind to the plausible, the unbelievable becomes possible!

>>>>============>

Yours for better bowhunting, Kelly

Posts: 1484 | From: N. Wisconsin | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rod Witkos
Contributor 2015
Member # 34635

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rod Witkos   Author's Homepage   Email Rod Witkos   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is awesome, congrat"s! I dream of days like that.

--------------------
'I don't go into the woods to "rough it"; I go into the woods to "smooth it". I get it rough enough in the city.'

Horace Kephart, 'Camping and Woodcraft'; 1917

Posts: 83 | From: Hardwick, MA | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cnorth
Contributor 2015
Member # 18210

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cnorth   Email cnorth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
awesome.... [Smile]

--------------------
Trust in the Lord with all of thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. Proverbs 3: 5

BLACK WIDOW PCH 47 @ 28, 58" bubinga/yew

TOELKE WHIP 50 @ 28, 64"

BLACK WIDOW PMA III 51 @ 28, 62"

Posts: 517 | From: Savannah ,TENNESSEE | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Huntingnut
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19723

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Huntingnut   Email Huntingnut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to you both!
Posts: 353 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stujay
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23799

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stujay   Email stujay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How neat is that! Congrats to you both, and thanks for posting the story and pics.
Posts: 2357 | From: Northern Idaho | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Ed
Contributor 2017
Member # 2241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Ed   Email Big Ed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice!!

--------------------
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Posts: 6928 | From: Morgantown, PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GREASEMAN
Contributor 2015
Member # 15789

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GREASEMAN   Email GREASEMAN   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome and Memorable I'm sure!!

Congrats to both of you and thanks for the story and the pics!!

Posts: 1392 | From: SPRINGBORO,OH 45066 | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to you both!!!! [clapper] [clapper] [clapper]

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11673 | From: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Gerardi
Contributor 2014
Member # 11242

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Gerardi   Email Mike Gerardi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup] [thumbsup] Congrats.
Posts: 2305 | From: Ohio | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
Contributor 2017
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAM E. STEPHENS   Email SAM E. STEPHENS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice.
,,,,Sam,,,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Posts: 2468 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
muzzleblast525
Member # 15830

Icon 1 posted      Profile for muzzleblast525   Author's Homepage   Email muzzleblast525   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice. Congrats
Posts: 13 | From: Arlington, TX | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamesKerr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 29492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamesKerr   Email JamesKerr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats for you and your son.

--------------------
James Kerr

Posts: 3694 | From: LA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fletcher
Associate Sponsor - Contributor 2016
Member # 1125

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fletcher   Email Fletcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to both! I can't imagine a better day.

--------------------
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Posts: 5880 | From: Rochester, IL | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©