JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Trad Gang Highlights » HIGHLIGHTS 2012 » A different kind of highlight!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A different kind of highlight!
Benjy
Contributor 2015
Member # 9320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benjy   Author's Homepage   Email Benjy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There was a post over in Pow wow about an article in the SC Wildlife magazine on Owen Jeffery. I had not been over there in a while and since I was working in that area late today, I stopped in to see him and Tom.

When I went in Owen was holding a picture of a big hog he killed a few years back. I looked at him and "jokingly" asked him why he was admiring that picture. He stated with the normal Owen Jeffery smile on his face, "because I can!" I busted out laughing.

Yep, I twisted his arm and got him to sign it for me! He is a humble Icon of the archery industry!!!

My highlight for the week!

Who would not be proud of this hog!

-

My other autographed highlight that he signed for me over 15 years ago!

-

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
ZIPPER NITRO 64" LONGBOW 50#@29"
ZIPPER SXT 60" RECURVE 52#@29"
ZIPPER SXT 64" LONGBOW 71#@29"

Posts: 2256 | From: Irmo, SC | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool deal!!!!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11673 | From: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe ashton
Contributor 2013
Member # 11463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe ashton   Email joe ashton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup]

--------------------
Joe Ashton,D.C.
pronghorn long bow 54#
black widow long bow 55#
21 century long bow 55#
big horn recurve 58#

Posts: 4101 | From: colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 24911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup]

--------------------
Once a Marine always a Marine, Semper Fi

Posts: 1518 | From: Bakersfield, California | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TxAg
Contributor 2015
Member # 17471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TxAg   Email TxAg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a cool picture and pretty cool that he signed it for you. He sounds like one of the good guys,

Awesome !

Posts: 3642 | From: Dallas, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
djohnson
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 22856

Icon 1 posted      Profile for djohnson   Email djohnson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet! Thanks for sharing. [thumbsup]

--------------------
John 3:16

Posts: 715 | From: Texas | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benjy
Contributor 2015
Member # 9320

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benjy   Author's Homepage   Email Benjy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For those of you who do not know who Owen is just copy and google this, "Owen Jeffery" "Bear Archery". Enjoy the history!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
ZIPPER NITRO 64" LONGBOW 50#@29"
ZIPPER SXT 60" RECURVE 52#@29"
ZIPPER SXT 64" LONGBOW 71#@29"

Posts: 2256 | From: Irmo, SC | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rastaman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rastaman   Email rastaman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome Benjy! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

[archer]

Randy Keene

Posts: 7094 | From: georgia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamesKerr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 29492

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamesKerr   Email JamesKerr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome!

--------------------
James Kerr

Posts: 3694 | From: LA | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Big Ed
Contributor 2017
Member # 2241

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Big Ed   Email Big Ed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very cool!!

--------------------
"Get kids involved in the outdoors"

Posts: 6928 | From: Morgantown, PA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ti-guy
Contributor 2011
Member # 20125

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ti-guy   Email ti-guy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup]

--------------------
An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward.So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great.

Posts: 1849 | From: Lac St-Paul,Qc,Canada | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TradBrewSC
2017 Contributor
Member # 37182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TradBrewSC   Email TradBrewSC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That man has taught me more about the outdoors than I could ever dream of. He made me the bowhunter that I am today and changed my outlook on harvesting game. He is truly a legend, and if it were not for him bowhunting would not be we're it is today. He brought both Hoyt and bear to where they are today and anyone that isn't familiar with him should check him out!
Posts: 887 | From: Columbia, SC | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yohon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yohon   Email Yohon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[thumbsup] A true gentleman that I highly admire....thanks for posting [archer]

--------------------
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Posts: 1280 | From: Maryland | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is really neat, thank you for sharing and congrats to Owen!

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 16837 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©