JOIN TRAD GANG

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com   
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Traditional Bowhunting/Archery Videos » Member Videos » 250# Mountain Boar Tracks

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 250# Mountain Boar Tracks
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm willing to bet I've seen this hog before. If its one of the two 250+ pounders I saw last season...I've seen him three times. I only saw the other one once, but he'd have left a track this big as well.

Cohutta Mountain Boar Tracks

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30668 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charlie Lamb
Charter Member
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charlie Lamb   Email Charlie Lamb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool stuff T! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Posts: 11303 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JC
Contributor 2014
Member # 148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JC   Email JC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ya'll seein any up there Terry? Goin Sunday after church to the south end of the WA. Seen some tracks but no hogs since squirrel opened.

Joe

--------------------
"Being there was good enough..." Charlie Lamb reflecting on a hunt
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Posts: 9619 | From: Ranger, GA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't see any that day JC...and haven't been back....but will be after CO.

Now Cohutta aint 'infested' with hogs, but there is a healty population...and some very big ones in there....just gotta know where to look.

Maybe we can hook up one weekend. Its a grand wilderness for sure.

--------------------

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 30668 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JC
Contributor 2014
Member # 148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JC   Email JC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's one of my favorite places in GA...all that land with not many fellers a trompin through there. One of the few places round here you could get lost and never get found.

You holler if you run short of partners and I'll help ya drag one out.

--------------------

Posts: 9619 | From: Ranger, GA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bulletman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 505

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bulletman   Email Bulletman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So Terry,

Did ya pick that Dollar Bill up? I'm savin fer a new bow ya know LOL.......

Bulletman

--------------------
----------------------------------
"Is this one big enough Dad?"--My daughter talking about a 135" class deer.

Posts: 366 | From: Missouri | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post 
JC,

I might be going up there too Sunday. What part of the 'south end' you going?

I was hoping to set up a trail cam and get a photo to go with the track.

--------------------

JC
Contributor 2014
Member # 148

Terry, I usually park at the check station that's off of USFS68 about 15 miles outside of Ellijay. I'll be in church in the morning ;my wife's not feeling real good right now but if she comes around I'll be there about 1:30-2.

--------------------

Stekewood
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stekewood   Email Stekewood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! [scared]

That is one big track!

Hope you get 'em.

Posts: 613 | From: Bucks county, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Steke....yep..it sure is. And again, that is a wild hog roaming the Cohutta Wilderness...no farms, no feeders.....and I got luckey enough last year to see two bruisers the same afternoon.

Hope to get up there today.....I'd love to get a pic.

--------------------

Stekewood
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 684

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stekewood   Email Stekewood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's awesome. Only hogs that I have hunted are corn-fed Florida piney rooters. Shot some big ones, but none with feet that big! Would love to see a picture of him, dead, or alive!
Posts: 613 | From: Bucks county, PA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doc Nock
Contributor 2007
Member # 116

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doc Nock   Author's Homepage   Email Doc Nock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eeewwwww, Penny,

You got yer money all dirty! [bigsmyl]

--------------------
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Posts: 13313 | From: Greene County, TN | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe vt
Contributor 2016
Member # 253

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe vt   Email joe vt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
how does every one get to see these video clips? i keep getting window errors involving my server.

--------------------
~ joe vt >>>~~~~~~~~>

Posts: 1975 | From: Northwest Vermont | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©