Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » The Hawaiian Connection » PLEASE READ FIRST! THANK YOU! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: PLEASE READ FIRST! THANK YOU!
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aloha Gang,

Thanks to Terry and Rob, we now have a "Hawaiian Connection" Forum.

I'd like to use this forum to share my Hawaiian bowhunting adventures as well as hearing about yours. In addition, I'd like to provide a resource for those who'd like to visit.

As a resource, I'll be creating a post for each of the islands and hopefully anyone with insightful information will reply with their experiences. Together, we'll compile a list private and public land hunting areas, recommended guides, places to stay, things to do, etc.

I also want to create a traditional harvest post for our islands. For the harvest pics, please also indicate the island.

I have a few other ideas, but these are the ones that I'd like to get started.

Mahalo!
Ryan Sanpei

Posts: 3031 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[bigsmyl]

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & **** ********** (coming soon)

Posts: 30438 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wapiti792
Contributor 2017
Member # 8137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wapiti792   Email wapiti792   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great idea! I am going over in 2014 with the family...now I got a whole bunch of stuff to read and obsess about before I go [Smile]

--------------------
Mike Davenport

Posts: 3118 | From: Southern IL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Campbell
Assoc Sponsor - Charter Member
Member # 269

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Campbell   Author's Homepage   Email Doug Campbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aloha Buddy, tickled you got this together Ryan!

HI is one of my favorite places in the world guys and the Island hospitality is one of the main reasons. Ryan and his lovely bride Staci are some of the finest examples. Really looking forward to following this forum.

--------------------
Life is wonderful in Montana!!
"BEING CHALLENGED IN LIFE IS INEVITABLE. BEING DEFEATED IS OPTIONAL."
ABS Journeyman Knifesmith
Doug's Photo Album,

Posts: 8940 | From: SW Montana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan K Sanpei   Email Ryan K Sanpei   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike awesome! Which island???

Hey Doug! Thank you for the kind words. We missed you guys this year. Hopefully you guys will be here next year???

Ryan

Posts: 3031 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ichibuns
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 37340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ichibuns   Email ichibuns   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aloha Ryan bout time been waiting to see some and read some hunting adventures in the Aloha State also are you going to feature some trad shoots too?
Posts: 129 | From: hi | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wapiti792
Contributor 2017
Member # 8137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wapiti792   Email wapiti792   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ryan, your home island. My best friend from college is stationed at Pearl...planning a get away for the family and will do all I can to find a place and a time to hunt [Smile]

--------------------
Mike Davenport

Posts: 3118 | From: Southern IL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Darryl, let me know when you guys have a trad shoot.

Mike, be sure to come during goat season!

rastaman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rastaman   Email rastaman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Ryan! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

[archer]

Randy Keene

Posts: 7086 | From: georgia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Anytime Randy!
Islandlongbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2521

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Islandlongbow   Email Islandlongbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very cool Ryan! Looking forward to following your adventures.

--------------------
Procrastination is the thief of time.

Posts: 666 | From: Hawaii | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Hey Jerry!

I could use some of "island insight". [Wink] Have you been hunting recently?

hawaiiarcher
Member # 5263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hawaiiarcher   Email hawaiiarcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aloha Ryan,
You're doing a great job. It makes me miss Hawaii. Islandlongbow(Jerry), how are you doing. Have not talked to you in ages.
Mahalo,
George

Posts: 65 | From: Washington State | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan K Sanpei
SPONSOR
Member # 16091

Mahalo George,

If I'm not mistaken, I shot with you at least once at the Kapolei Range. I know I've talked to you before, it was awhile ago though, when I first got into trad.

Nice to be in contact here on Trad Grad, please feel free to chime in about Hawaii!

Aloha!
Ryan Sanpei

Tracks
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20019

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tracks   Email Tracks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Forum Ryan...

But where are the FOOD pics?

Surely you have some Hawaiian bbq pics that will make us all very hungry!

Got any "secret" marinade recipes to share?

[readit]

mahalo,
Luca

Posts: 130 | From: 60 N, 145 W | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©