3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

John Deitterick

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Hunting Camp Photos,show your favorites (Page 7)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   
Author Topic: Hunting Camp Photos,show your favorites
Hood
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hood   Email Hood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Some awesome sites...
Thanks for sharing

--------------------
All the world's indeed a stage and we are merely players.
Performers and portrayers, each another's audience.

Posts: 754 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ammoeater
Member # 25491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ammoeater   Email ammoeater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Mad River Ranch, upstate NY, my home away from home!

-

-

-

Posts: 79 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
misfire
Contributor 2012
Member # 21157

Icon 1 posted      Profile for misfire   Email misfire   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ammoeater that's not a real place...is it?

Just Kidding. Very nice.

--------------------
Mark

"The shortest distance from the earth to your mouth is the best." ~Wendell Berry~

Posts: 610 | From: Central Massachusetts | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ammoeater
Member # 25491

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ammoeater   Email ammoeater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still seems like a dream sometimes, but it's real!
Posts: 79 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kapellmeister
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22999

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kapellmeister   Email Kapellmeister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That looks like a real nice place, Kildeer! [thumbsup]

Here's our camp:
 -

--------------------
Gene

~ s.D.g. ~

68" Osage Orange Selfbow 55@28
68" Hill Half-Breed 55@28
64" Schafer Silvertip 1pc Longbow 50@28
58" Shrew Classic Hunter 49@28

Posts: 467 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
muleguy
Member # 25786

Icon 1 posted      Profile for muleguy   Email muleguy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
September in the Big Hole, Montana

Posts: 13 | From: darby montana | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Bowers
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9155

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Bowers   Email Dave Bowers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome pics fellas [thumbsup]
Posts: 1459 | From: Mantua, NJ | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blacktail101
Member # 23700

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blacktail101     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Every place seemed to have a little touch of heaven wow !
Posts: 89 | From: California | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stikbow4148
Member # 27370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stikbow4148   Email stikbow4148   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
really nice camps,and fantastic scenery..there is a lot of great stories over the years,i bet...

--------------------
"when bows shoot faster than 300f.p.s it ain't called bowhunting no more.."FRED BEAR"

Posts: 18 | From: pennsylvania | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Nocking Point
SPONSOR
Member # 26001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nocking Point   Author's Homepage   Email The Nocking Point   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful pictures,makes me have hunger pains for deer season again.

--------------------
The Nocking Point
Like us on Facebook
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Posts: 2684 | From: Log cabin in Osage county Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Killdeer
Contributor 2016
Member # 437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Killdeer   Author's Homepage   Email Killdeer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is what the camp has evolved to:

-

Killdeer

--------------------
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Posts: 15439 | From: Fibber McGee's Closet, VA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Autumnarcher
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1604

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Autumnarcher   Author's Homepage   Email Autumnarcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love camp pic threads, I like looking at the different tents, and arrangements, the scenery and the atmosphere of living out doors in wild places.

Its funny how for some, camps evolve from very basic, small tents, on up to big wall tents, and in some cases cabins.

Certainly with no disrespect, the ones that evolve into a permananet structure such as a cabin, while often placed in beautiful places, to me are no longer a camp, but rather a permanent oasis where those who reside there, even temporarily, escape to.

But for the camp, it is a very remporary residence in a place we are fortunate to borrow for a while.

I've camped in everything from a one man bivy tent on up to my 30' travel trailer. Each has its own appeal. Each, its pro's and con's.

My favorite tent is my Panther Pyramid tent. Roomy enough for a couple hunters, wood stove, cots or air mattresses, and the smell of canvas.
Anyone whos stayed in a canvas tent can attest, that smell is something that just makes the place feel like home.

I have extremely lightweight, silnylon tents, that serve the purpose of keeping the elements at bay, and can be set up and torn down on minutes, as I traverse through a wilderness area in search of elk.

No matter the type of shelter we choose, a remote camp, in places where we search and pursue game, are always a little slice of Heaven. The smells of woodsmoke, damp canvas and wool, a steaming cup of coffee or a cup of good bourbon after a day afield. A quiver of wood arrows and a stickbow propped in the corner or hanging from a branch. and if we're good, and with a little luck, the smell of fresh meat grilling over the fire.

--------------------
...stood alone on a montaintop, starin out at a great divide, I could go east, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide, just then I saw a young hawk flyin and my soul began to rise......

Posts: 1373 | From: North Branch, Michigan | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
johnis
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for johnis   Email johnis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow awesome sites,great pics and greater memories!!
Posts: 116 | From: Greece | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robhood23
Contributor 2016
Member # 12656

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Robhood23   Email Robhood23   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elk Camp Colorado 2010
 -

-
Anybody recoginze this pic?
 -
Me
 -

--------------------
The man who thinks he can and the man who thinks he can't are both right!!!

Posts: 2492 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shedrock
Contributor 2013
Member # 14750

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shedrock   Email Shedrock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

Sheep hunt last August

--------------------
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Posts: 2439 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©