3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Woodie Love ... (click HERE for the slide show!) (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  40  41  42   
Author Topic: Woodie Love ... (click HERE for the slide show!)
straitera
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for straitera   Email straitera   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woods are more personal. Glad I switched. Killer arrows above! Not fair Snag. Beauts.

--------------------
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Posts: 4639 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
d. ward
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5022

Icon 1 posted      Profile for d. ward   Email d. ward       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have tested a few wood arrows over the years and still love em bd  -
Posts: 7927 | From: Seattle Wa. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Green
Contributor 2016
Member # 25862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Green   Email Green   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Posts: 3365 | From: Kempner, TX | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bjorn
Contributor 2017
Member # 6694

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bjorn   Email Bjorn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love to see those beauties with the cool cresting, someday I'll havta' learn to do that.......................and poetry too! [thumbsup] [thumbsup]
Posts: 9988 | From: Los Gatos, California | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zradix
Contributor 2014
Member # 17930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zradix   Author's Homepage   Email Zradix   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I REALLY LIKE THOSE GREEN!

--------------------
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Posts: 6059 | From: Shelby, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SELFBOW19953
Contributor 2016
Member # 297

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SELFBOW19953   Email SELFBOW19953   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is an old King quiver with some Ben Pearson arrows in it. There are subtle differences in the arrows. Some have white nocks and darker blue paint-those are my copies to use in my Pearson Bushmaster TD.

-

-

I even used old Pearson nocks that I took from some broken arrows I got when buying bunches of arrows.

-

The paint is off a bit, the feathers are a bit taller, and the shafts are douglas fir from Surewood, not POC.

-

Oh, and I didn't even try to add the Pearson logo.

-

--------------------
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow." Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Posts: 2505 | From: DELAWARE | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jamesh76
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 12931

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jamesh76   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love threads like this. Will try and get pictures of mine up.

Nice looking arrows guys.

--------------------
-------------------------------
James Haney
Spring Hill, KS
_ _ _ _ _ ______ _ _ _ _ _
USMC Infantry 1996-2001
1st Marine Division
-------------------------------

Posts: 1511 | From: Spring Hill, Kansas | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cahaba
Contributor 2014
Member # 12221

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cahaba   Author's Homepage   Email cahaba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just got into woodies. I have 3 dozen Surewoods ready to be crafted. I love wooden arras best of all. Them some beautiful arras yall!

--------------------
cahaba: A Choctaw word that means
"River from above"

Posts: 1553 | From: Alabama | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
todd smith
SPONSOR
Member # 10411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for todd smith   Author's Homepage   Email todd smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice, reminds me of my days of earning a living building wood arrows. Well, part of a living...

I'll see about posting some pics.

This post is like reading an "Archery" magazine from the 1950's.

Good idea Rob!

--------------------
todd smith

"I like bow-an-arrows."

www.ToddSmithCo.com

Posts: 717 | From: Angola, IN | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris P. Bacon
Member # 34624

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chris P. Bacon   Email Chris P. Bacon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks to you Rob, your how-to guide got me to finally make some arrows of my own. My father and I made our first 5 last weekend. Had some fun and put a "twist" of our own on them [Razz] .
 -

-

-

--------------------
Martin Bamboo Viper 64" 55#@28"
Bear Montana 64" 55#@28"
Sage T/D 62" 60#@28"

Wheels belong on cars, not bows.

Posts: 45 | From: Florida | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike/Columbia Basin
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike/Columbia Basin   Email Mike/Columbia Basin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BD, now I know why you like the rock shoot, so you can get your Cedar fix.
Posts: 133 | From: Columbia Basin, WA | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PaddyMac
Contributor 2011
Member # 10560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PaddyMac   Email PaddyMac   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That spiral stain is really kewl, Chris. [thumbsup]

I'm going to try wood right after the late seasons (if nec.).

--------------------
Pat McGann

Bob Lee Exotic Stickbow, 51#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 55#
Howatt Palomar recurve (69"), 40#

"If you leave archery for one day, it will leave you for 10 days." --Turkish proverb

Posts: 820 | From: Twisp, WA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coaster500
Contributor 2015
Member # 19836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for coaster500   Email coaster500   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snag's almost made me a convert [Smile]

-

--------------------
The American system of democracy will prevail until that moment when politicians discover that they can bribe the electorate with their own money

Posts: 4773 | From: San Luis Obispo, California | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
straitera
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for straitera   Email straitera   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Made the knife only. Bought arrows from another TG'er. Too nice to shoot.

-

--------------------
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Posts: 4639 | From: Texas | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mudfish
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1563

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mudfish   Email mudfish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you guys do some awesome work. here's a batch I just made, ready to go crashing through the trees out at the range

[ November 15, 2017, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Tony Van Dort ]

Posts: 210 | From: Jacksonville. FL | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  40  41  42   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©