3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Woodie Love ... (click HERE for the slide show!) (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  40  41  42   
Author Topic: Woodie Love ... (click HERE for the slide show!)
Aussie Stickbow Hunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1683

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Aussie Stickbow Hunter   Email Aussie Stickbow Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only use wood arras; they have character.

Some truly beautiful craftsmanship in those arras fellas, well done!!!

Jeff

Posts: 247 | From: Queensland Australia | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 27140

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hobow   Email Hobow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello all,

I hadn't really entertained building my own until I bought a single Bitzenburger clamp, Young Feather Trimmer and some 60's ACME cedar shafts at a garage sale on a whim.

I began reading posts by Rob DiStefano, Snag and Trap among others to figure out what I didn't have and what to do with what I did have. As I gathered supplies and started to practice on aluminum shafts, I found that it had been a long time since I had a creative outlet and was really enjoying it.

I then decided that I'd like to make some arrows to thank the man who got me stared down this road, the man who had the garage sale. I matched the spine on the six shafts that were to become my first "matching set" of arrows and went to work and ended up with these...

-

I learned a lot and I'm really proud of these and would love to keep them but I will like even more to see the look on his face when I give him the arrows this Friday after work.

The shafts, clamp and feather burner used had all belonged to his father-in-law.

Thank you to all of you for the help!

Brad

Posts: 315 | From: Portland, Oregon | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hammer08
Member # 34665

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hammer08   Email hammer08   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Woodies are my favorite. Keem the pics comming!
Posts: 45 | From: VA | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Clandinin
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 17084

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Clandinin   Email Steve Clandinin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being completely computer illiterate I'm going to have to learn how to post Pics.Like many been building woodies for over 30 years,made many hundreds for friends over thge years .nothing compares to good woodies like making arrows with the look of bygone days,snags got er down to a science ,love his stuff.

--------------------
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Posts: 3051 | From: Sask. Canada | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Most
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 11867

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Most   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Most   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

My current work.

--------------------
"It Shall be Life" (Ten Bears to Josie Wales)
------------------ Michael Most-Adkins Texas

Posts: 1004 | From: Adkins Texas | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longbowray
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2212

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longbowray   Email longbowray   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well love too make up arrows he and pic are 2  -  -  -

--------------------
BOWHUNTTER FOR LIFE

Posts: 802 | From: az | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snag
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7716

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snag   Author's Homepage   Email snag   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a beautiful thing to take some wood shafts, make them into nice looking arrows, and then see them shot where you are looking...perfect! That's part of why I love making them for others who don't know how or don't want to make them. It is a why of helping them experience part of this.

--------------------
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Posts: 7604 | From: oregon | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rraming
Contributor 2016
Member # 19822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rraming   Email rraming   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
 -
 -
 -
[goldtooth] I'm with you on the wood arrow thing!

Posts: 1607 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Easykeeper
Contributor 2014
Member # 13113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Easykeeper   Email Easykeeper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've made a lot of "plain Jane" arrows over the years. These are my first attempt at fancy. Some nice arrows on this thread, good inspiration.

-

Posts: 1503 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bolong
Contributor 2014
Member # 21156

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bolong   Email bolong   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful arrows guys! I bought a dozen yesterday actually, couldn't resist the color scheme matched my bow. Just got through shooting some of them a few minutes ago. Nothing quite like a good wood arrow. I'm still trying to learn how to do pics.
Posts: 1918 | From: arkansas | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dhill1520
2017 Contributor
Member # 34466

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dhill1520   Email dhill1520   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is my first attempt in many years..still a novice for sure. Need practice on my cresting.
 -

--------------------
Kempf Kwyk Styk 60" 58#@28"
D/H Super Diablo 60" 57@28"
Pearson Rogue 60" 50@28"

PBS Associate Member
Trad. Bowhunters of Washington

Posts: 46 | From: Woodland, WA | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim now in Kentucky
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2966

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jim now in Kentucky   Author's Homepage   Email Jim now in Kentucky   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some I made to give away--had to shoot them a few times to make sure they worked and got a little scuffing of the crest.
 -

These I've been shooting for a long time and just can't get them to fly any better than this at 20 yards.
 -

--------------------
"Reparrows save arrows!"

"But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he that cometh to God must believe that he is and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him." Hebrews 11:6

Posts: 657 | From: Dexter, Kentucky | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roadkill
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2828

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roadkill   Email Roadkill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Such craftsmanship! I have been building arrows for fifty years and I played with cresting. Never got anything near what you all do. Then it dawned on me-I break or lose arrows weekly in the rocks and desert, soooo

--------------------
goodness of woodness, Semper Fidelis. Molon labe

Posts: 3047 | From: Nevada | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Benny Nganabbarru
Contributor 2016
Member # 10583

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Benny Nganabbarru   Email Benny Nganabbarru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Even kids can make them:

-

-

-

Last year, I taught some of my grade 5/6 students how to make them.

--------------------
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Posts: 6048 | From: Northern Territory, Australia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Green
Contributor 2016
Member # 25862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Green   Email Green   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder why I love these threads so much?.....lol. Lots of great work represented here....it doesn't matter how plain or how fancy you get, it doesn't get any better than building and shooting your own creations.

--------------------
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Posts: 3365 | From: Kempner, TX | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 42 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  40  41  42   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©