Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
Trophy Bowhunts Australia
3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Jonathan Haas

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Black Creek "Banshee" Take Down/Pics (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Black Creek "Banshee" Take Down/Pics
Lamey
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 21352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lamey   Author's Homepage   Email Lamey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Took some time off from the shop yesterday to shoot this "new to me" Black Creek Banshee take down. Jim really has nailed this design, the bow is fast, stable, smooth, forgiving and quiet all in one package. Finish is excellent, being a nice low luster "matte".

This was the first TD Banshee I have shot/seen first hand, really like the braced profile of the bow, really nice graceful curves & lines. This specific Banshee has a small throat at the grip with more pronounced palmswell. Wasnt sure if I would like the grip but after handling and shooting the bow it is spot on.

The specs on this bow are Macassar Ebony/Bocote riser, Actionboo core/Bocote limb veneers. Its #48@28 and plenty fast enough. Still have to get a perfect arrow dialed in, but it shoots CE 150's (29") with 175 field points very well.

A few quick pics-
 -
 -
 -
 -  -

Posts: 2238 | From: Jasper, AL | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bladepeek
Contributor 2015
Member # 24206

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bladepeek   Email Bladepeek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's legal in Michigan with a concealed carry permit, but cannot be used for hunting during bow season. I carry when tracking, because I figure I could make a good case for self defense if a cornered buck decides to take on me and my dachshund. Even if they didn't buy my self defense plea, I'd rather lose my permit than my dog.

--------------------
66" Mohawk longbow LH 33#@29
62" Lost Creek Judge RH 44@28
52" Bear KMag LH 45# @ 28"
62"/58" RER LXR LH 46#/43# @ 28"
60" Holm Made recurve LH 46# @ 28"
60" Treadway Black Swamp LH 47#@28"
66" JD Berry Morning Star LH 47@28

Posts: 2876 | From: Greenville, Michigan | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason Kendall
SPONSOR
Member # 256

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Kendall   Author's Homepage   Email Jason Kendall   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think ya hit the wrong thread Ron [Big Grin]

Matt, that thing is beautiful. I love the lines, it has curves in all the right places!

--------------------
http://www.jkbows.com/

jkbows@gmail.com

Posts: 1703 | From: Iowa | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lamey
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 21352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lamey   Author's Homepage   Email Lamey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah Ron i think your supposed to be on the "concealed carry" thread [biglaugh]

Jason, yeah it really has very nice lines, something often missed on take downs.

Posts: 2238 | From: Jasper, AL | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fz4vgq
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22609

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fz4vgq   Email fz4vgq   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is one of the nicest bows I have seen on here. I like everything about it..... especially the braced profile.
Posts: 405 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jan 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lamey
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 21352

yeah thats one thing I really noticed when I strung the bow, the profile is very pleasing to the eye, much more so than I had seen in most photos.

Coming back to the grip on this one, it really fits the hand, there are some contours that are really hard to pic up visually in a photo but really hit the mark when holding the bow.

Ive seen alot of Black Creek bows since Jim lives fairly close to me, and he has really refined some features and design elements lately that in my view that really jump it up a notch! Not that the older bows werent fine, but as with any craft time really allows the craftsmen to execute his plan with a subtle, deft, and skillful hand.

Elkchaser
Contributor 2015
Member # 3860

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elkchaser   Email Elkchaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What is the length of your bow Matt?
That is a very nice looking bow.

--------------------
No matter where you go; There you are.......

Posts: 1140 | From: Billings, Montana | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lamey
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 21352

Elkchaser, its 60", i think he does this bow in 58.60 and 62.
primitivealltheway
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 24715

Icon 1 posted      Profile for primitivealltheway   Email primitivealltheway   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lamey i agree 100% jim is getting better and better,and he knows how to pic some good looking woods to,next month im putting in an order for a banshee 1 pc. all black and white ebony.

--------------------
"nothing like being in the woods with a stick and string"

Posts: 523 | From: bham alabama | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
owlbait
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7963

Icon 1 posted      Profile for owlbait         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Ron is right, that looks like a concealed weapon to me! What a great use of wood! I really like those limb tips, looks like Jim has nailed down the structure and function for those beatuies. Congratulations on a neat bow! [thumbsup]

--------------------
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Posts: 6321 | From: Hesperia, Mi | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MTArrowLauncher
Contributor 2011
Member # 33907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MTArrowLauncher   Email MTArrowLauncher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is an absolute beauty. Getting me more excited for my Siren that is coming soon [thumbsup]

--------------------
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Posts: 693 | From: Montana | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lamey
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 21352

of the 1 piece bows the Siren is my favorite, but i think in the take downs I like the Banshee better.
ckanous
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ckanous   Email ckanous   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely great lookin bow!!!
Posts: 1354 | From: Statesville NC | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rjackson
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14066

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rjackson   Email rjackson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lamey, that is a good looking bow! Jim is building me a set of limbs for my Bear TD. Jim is a great bow builder.

Randy

Posts: 524 | From: alabama | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wildgame
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22151

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wildgame     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like it!!!

--------------------
"go afield with good attitude,and with respect for the wildlife you hunt, and the forest and fields in which you walk" -Fred Bear

Posts: 1038 | From: kentucky | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©