Become a Trad Gang Sponsor
Visit the Sponsor Classifieds
JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
Tusx Hunter
3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Zan Christensen

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Stolen Bow (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Stolen Bow
steadman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steadman   Author's Homepage   Email steadman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a shame Matt. Do you have another bow to shoot? If not send me a pm. It's not much but I can send you a bow and some arrows.

--------------------
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Posts: 4769 | From: Utah | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hawk4570
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hawk4570   Email hawk4570   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
makes me sick to hear this

--------------------
bill browning

Posts: 674 | From: russellville, ky | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RkyMtn Joe
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5656

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RkyMtn Joe   Author's Homepage   Email RkyMtn Joe   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had some bows stolen from me in a burglary a few years ago including my Rocky Mountain Recurve with 2 sets of limbs, a beautiful one piece Bruin, a '70 Super Kodiak, several other Bears, a Pearson 2-piece recuve, and worst of all, 3 self bows built by my father in the 1930's. They stole 2 really nice Herter's bows, and 2 great Herter's leather quivers, both stuffed with finished aluminum arrows etc. Just thinking about it fills me with rage.

I have never found any of my bows and would love to have them back---would also love to remove the thief from this planet or at least make sure he will never be able to reproduce.

Sorry for my rant, and I hope you recover your equipment and that the thief is identified and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Joe

Posts: 267 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NewtoTrad2008
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17903

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NewtoTrad2008   Email NewtoTrad2008   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Steadman-thanks for the offer, luckily I have a couple more bows, lucky thing is my Mohawk was hanging right beside it in a bow sock and they didn't touch it.
On the bright side(if there is one) I have a dozen raw shafts waiting to be finished, I guess I have some motivation to get them done quickly.

--------------------
Kanati 56" 55#@26" missing :-(
Mohawk 64" 60#@28"
Ben Pearson KM Special 50#@28"
Matt

Posts: 279 | From: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lpcjon2
Contributor 2012
Member # 21374

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lpcjon2   Email lpcjon2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Leave the garage door open and place a trail camera up and see if the thieves come back. Heck I would place a trail cam facing the street and see who looks suspicious, thieves are like arsonists they always return to the crime to see whats going on.

--------------------
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Posts: 8106 | From: NJ to GA back to NJ =Lost ;) | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David lozzano
Contributor 2014
Member # 22370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David lozzano   Email David lozzano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would start looking in near by pawn shops!
As soon as they realize they can't pull the bow they're going to sell it.

--------------------
JK traditions Kanati 60" 53#@28
Morrison ILF 56" 48#@28
selway lil magnum 58" 49@27
Black Widow PMAX 60" 51# @ 28

Posts: 259 | From: Mexico | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChrisM
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15562

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ChrisM   Email ChrisM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfrotunately you can't trust most people nowadays.

--------------------
Gods greatest command: Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Posts: 1122 | From: Broaddus Texas | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GrayRhino
Contributor 2014
Member # 9645

Icon 1 posted      Profile for GrayRhino   Email GrayRhino   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second the idea of checking around in any woods nearby, etc.. I had something stolen out of my car one night that the thieves ditched in some tall grass in an empty lot. The police came, checked around the area and found it.

Hope your stuff turns up. That is a bummer. Can't hardly leave anything open or unlocked these days.

--------------------
God now commandeth all men everywhere to repent. Acts 17:30

"All bowhunting trips are good, some are just real good!" Bill Baker

"We're all trophy hunters...until something else comes along." Glenn St. Charles

Posts: 1117 | From: Interior Alaska | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BOHO
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1810

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BOHO   Email BOHO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that bites. I know here when my stuff was stolen in july 2011 they said the pawn shops hold the stuff for 3 months before they can put it out to resell. so dont start snooping too soon. hope you find it.

--------------------
TGMM Brotherhood of the Bow

Tom

Posts: 2238 | From: Mississippi | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
steadman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for steadman   Author's Homepage   Email steadman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hope you find it Matt. The Mohawk isn't too bad of a back up [Smile] If you need anything, shoot me a pm [thumbsup]

--------------------
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Posts: 4769 | From: Utah | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shakes.602
Contributor 2014
Member # 4176

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Shakes.602   Email Shakes.602   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you got any "Local Suspects" that You or some Trusted Neighbors could keep a Close Eye upon? You hate to think that a Neighbor would do such a Thing, but People will do some Outlandish and Unthinkable Things for Money these days!! [Mad]
My Heart goes out to you My Friend, and IF they ever DO catch the Bow Thief, HossWhippin' then Tarred & Feathered is too good for 'em!! [Mad]
I truely Hope you recover your Equipment, and in the Same Shape it was Thugged from you as well! [pray]

--------------------
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Posts: 5529 | From: Crawfordsville, Indiana | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
huntsmanlance
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for huntsmanlance   Author's Homepage   Email huntsmanlance   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by steadman:
That's a shame Matt. Do you have another bow to shoot? If not send me a pm. It's not much but I can send you a bow and some arrows.

Now This is why i love this site and the great people on it!

--------------------
St. Huberts Rangers
Mudd's Merry Men

Posts: 1760 | From: Moore, Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Hawk
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Hawk   Email The Hawk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the idea of checking the local woods, creeks, empty lots etc. If it was kids, they might think it looks cool but, won't be able to shoot it so they may stash or dump it. They probably don't want to take it home to Mom and Dad either. Very few people would know the value of a trad bow. Good luck. Theives suck.
Posts: 195 | From: Colorado | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larry
Contributor 2014
Member # 420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for larry   Email larry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be very pissed...love my bows, one more reason I also like dogs with loud barks and handguns...
Posts: 3094 | From: martville ny | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wooddamon1
Contributor 2015
Member # 26099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wooddamon1   Email wooddamon1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live in the Springs, too. I'll keep an eye out for ya. It does sound like kids to me...
Posts: 3999 | From: Michigan/Colorado | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©