JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
Surewood Shafts
3Rivers Archery

Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Daniel Binkley's Nephews
Ben, Dylan and Ryan!
Havin' Great Fun!

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Thunderhorn Small Fry Lynx vs. Kanati Pro Angle

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thunderhorn Small Fry Lynx vs. Kanati Pro Angle
KAZ
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KAZ   Email KAZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Folks, I'm interested to know your opinions on the Thunderhorn Small Fry Lynx (One piece, side mount) quiver versus the Kanti Pro Angle Side Mount quiver. I'm trying to decide on which model to go with on a 54" Black Widow KB using the side mount quiver inserts. I'll be going with the 4 arrow hood... I definitely want the "offset" feature to be able to have the arrows set back more in line with the lower limb and I want the mounting to be secure but easy to take on & off while in the treestand. Let me know your opinions and if you have any pictures of the Thunderhorn Small Fry Lynx I'd love to see them... I've seen the pics on the Thunderhorn Website but I'm having trouble visuallizing the mounting details on a bow with side mount quiver inserts. Thanks in advance!

KAZ

Posts: 229 | From: Iowa | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Keefer
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8804

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Keefer   Author's Homepage   Email Keefer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Kanati is built like a tank and John was the first to invent the flat hood design if you go with the Slim Jim style for two blades... I owned a thunderhorn as well but not the small Fry so I cann't compare it to that one but the thunderhorn I don't think comes in that angle option...John has quite a few different options and his workmanship is outstanding...I have the pro angle with the reguler style hood and I do like it better then any bow quiver I ever owned...I am thinking of getting a Slim Jim this fall sometime...
Posts: 3737 | From: Hurlock Maryland | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bishop
Contributor 2012
Member # 6875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bishop   Email Bishop       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can't wrong with the Kanati. John built this one for me for a Kodiak TD.

-
He will build it to fit the bow you are putting it on just give him the measurements when you order it. The Kanati is very adjustable, you can put more angle in or take it out.

Posts: 706 | From: Southwest Virginia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bishop
Contributor 2012
Member # 6875

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bishop   Email Bishop       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry double post
Posts: 706 | From: Southwest Virginia | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Harris
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19704

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Harris   Email Mike Harris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree you can't go wrong with a Kanati. The new strap on system or the side mount is easy on and off. Rumor has it that John is coming out with a new quiver soon! You may want to give him a call before you decide.

--------------------
NCBA/Compton Member
58" Black Widow PSA III 44# Kanati Dual Arc Quiver
60" Wes Wallace Mentor T/D 50# Kanati Dual Arc Quiver

Posts: 212 | From: North Carolina | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rastaman
SPONSOR
Member # 13385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rastaman   Email rastaman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't comment on the thunderhorn. I can tell you the Kanati works great on Cari-Bows and Leon Stewarts Slammer Special. It doesn't move..it's adjustable to be sure you keep it off the working part of the limb. Customer service can't be beat. Give John a call before you decide.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

[archer]

Randy Keene

Posts: 6853 | From: georgia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
L. Harris
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6506

Icon 1 posted      Profile for L. Harris   Email L. Harris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have both, and love the Kanati, however the Thunderhorn Small Fry has it's place as well. I have a 3 piece longbow that is HEAVY and the Small Fry with it's light weight will be staying on it. Both are great quivers!

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunting: Cunning and stealth, not gadgets and gizmos!

Posts: 460 | From: North Central Texas | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biathlonman
Contributor 2014
Member # 13332

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biathlonman   Email Biathlonman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a small fry lynx and love it! I'll be ordering another when my new bow comes in!
Posts: 2181 | From: Lexington, Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Manitoba Stickflinger
SPONSOR
Member # 18657

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Manitoba Stickflinger   Author's Homepage   Email Manitoba Stickflinger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had both and the Kanati is far better in every way in my opinion.

--------------------
http://stickflingers.com/

Posts: 1724 | From: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©