3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » My Traditional Journey... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: My Traditional Journey...
Sockrsblur
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 35720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sockrsblur   Email Sockrsblur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So what started as simply one hunting story I had to tell you guys has become my Traditional Journey. I have decided to try and put all my beloved hunting stories on this thread as I'm fortunate enough to have them. They as I am not perfect but I honestly hope you enjoy the Journey [Smile]

Page 1 Hurricane Sandy Buck 10/29/2012
Page 17 The Ghillie Buck 10/10/2013
Page 20 Manitoba Stickflingers Black Bear 6/5/2017
Page 20 The Early Season Buck 10/19/2017

THE HURRICANE SANDY BUCK 29 October 2012

So i have a story to tell. it's a tale of my best traditional buck, shot during my second year hunting with a longbow... my first year committed to traditional only. The training wheels were home locked in a case without the warmth of sunlight on them in almost a year. Simply because it's what i enjoy reading I'm going to paint you the best picture i can of this one day during my 2012 season. You may not know me well so I'll admit that like my father i truly enjoy telling a good tall hunting tale but this one i will honestly leave as it happened that day. Take that for what its worth to you because i was standing there as the north wind of Hurricane Sandy swept through the goldenrod field and honestly... i still cant believe everything that happened!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Posts: 2155 | From: NY | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[campfire]

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17129 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[coffee]

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30762 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
threeunder
Contributor 2016
Member # 10598

Icon 1 posted      Profile for threeunder   Email threeunder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup] Ohh yeah. This is gonna be good.

--------------------
Ken Adkins

Draw, Anchor, Aim, Release, Gut, Drag

My 7 yr old son: How do you know where to aim?
Me: I don't aim. I just look where I want the arrow to hit.
Son: You sure look at the wrong place a lot!

Posts: 1983 | From: Grundy, Virginia | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
maineac
Contributor 2016
Member # 15727

Icon 1 posted      Profile for maineac   Author's Homepage   Email maineac   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[campfire]

--------------------
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
Robert Holthouser

Posts: 4236 | From: Waldoboro, Maine | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magnus
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17483

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magnus   Email magnus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[campfire]
Ok I'm going to say it. You mean 2012?

--------------------
Keeping the Faith!
Matt
TGMM Family of the bow
Turkey Flite Traditional
mwg.trad@yahoo.com

Posts: 4219 | From: N.E. Ohio | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gator1
Contributor 2017
Member # 11196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gator1   Email Gator1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sounds like a good one [coffee]
Posts: 4810 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll pull up a chair too! [coffee]

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11801 | From: Sonora, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
njloco
Contributor 2013
Member # 24437

Icon 1 posted      Profile for njloco   Email njloco   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[campfire]

--------------------
  • Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Posts: 2787 | From: Soviet state of N.J. | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
4dogs
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19996

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 4dogs   Email 4dogs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[coffee]

--------------------
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Posts: 2442 | From: Colorado | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oldskool
Contributor 2014
Member # 14907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oldskool   Email oldskool   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[campfire] [coffee]

--------------------
CHX 58in 44@28 CHX 58in 52@28

Posts: 777 | From: Galion Oh | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
oldskool
Contributor 2014
Member # 14907

Icon 1 posted      Profile for oldskool   Email oldskool   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
need popcorn

--------------------
CHX 58in 44@28 CHX 58in 52@28

Posts: 777 | From: Galion Oh | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richie
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 24911

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Richie   Email Richie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[coffee] [coffee] [coffee]

--------------------
Once a Marine always a Marine, Semper Fi

Posts: 1518 | From: Bakersfield, California | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sockrsblur
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 35720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sockrsblur   Email Sockrsblur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lol yes Magnus... 2012 [Smile] I'm going to take the time to give you some back ground so its easier for you to walk along with me on my hunt. I have many interests and most all are outside. It took no time at all for the bow and arrow to become king of my pursuits by age 16 or so. Every fall I would beg barrow and steal all the time from every other part of my life to chase deer around the woods. For the past 17 years or so I've been fortunate to work my 40 hrs in three days and then still get six or so weeks of vacation. So in short, i mostly take off archery season and live in the woods at camp. My traditional journey with archery started with a boys trip to our hunting camp in Cuba NY Aug 12, 2011. My brother Dan, Jeremy and I had gathered to do some camp chores before hunting season witch is never really a hard sell since... well its at camp! We mowed lawn, sighted in guns, stacked and moved wood, shot our compounds a few times and drank some beer beside a fire every night. On day two Dan says " hey I've got something for you to shoot" and heads for the truck. I look at Jeremy and he only offers a shrug. Well Big Dan comes back holding the longest looking longbow and 6 goldtip traditional carbon arrows. We just started laughing! Where in the hell did u get that??? All three of my brothers, sister and father all shot but never did i even once see a traditional bow. Dan said he bought it online with the arrows for like $225 two years before that and never shot it! We jumped up and headed over to the bag in the woods. We didn't have a tab or glove or arm guard so i rummaged through the cabin and found an old stiff, hard glove my dad used years ago and even a stretched out no longer elastic arm guard. we shot and shot and laughed and hit every tree, rock, root but hardly the bag. It was honestly amazing how bad we were and Jeremy was the worst! We offered him no exception or excuses for his terrible shooting even though he was left handed and the bow right handed. About the best way i can explain it is somehow the compound had become a little like a tool in the tool box. i still loved shooting it but that darn longbow was like starting all over again... I can still hear the laughter when one of us bounced an arrow off a tree.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Posts: 2155 | From: NY | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sockrsblur
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 35720

-

-

-

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  19  20  21   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©