JOIN TRAD GANG
Sponsor Highlight of the Week ...
Surewood Shafts
3Rivers Archery

Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Daniel Binkley's Nephews
Ben, Dylan and Ryan!
Havin' Great Fun!

CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE 2014 ST JUDE AUCTION BIDDING!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink>
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Jerry Simmons has Passed Away (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Jerry Simmons has Passed Away
Gary Logsdon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary Logsdon   Author's Homepage   Email Gary Logsdon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just received word that my good friend and hunting buddy Jerry Simmons of Alabama passed away last night after a long illness. It was expected but still tears at my heart. I loved the man. He was about Dad's age, and like my father, a natural woodsman. I've lost both of my parents this year and now Jerry is gone. I was lucky to have spent many days afield with Jerry, a good man and an extremely witty one. Legendary longbow exhibition shooter Byron Ferguson introduced me to Jerry. I know that Byron is taking this very hard. Prayers for Jerry's wonderful wife and for all who loved him.

--------------------
Gary Logsdon

Posts: 1634 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gary Logsdon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gary Logsdon   Author's Homepage   Email Gary Logsdon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... in case you aren't familiar with Jerry Simmons he was the inventor of the Simmons Shark broadheads and many other efficient and well thought out pieces of hunting equipment. He was the best woodsman that I ever knew, hands down ... and keep in mind that I knew Fred Bear, another good and talented man.

--------------------
Gary Logsdon

Posts: 1634 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAVIOUR68
Contributor 2014
Member # 35651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAVIOUR68   Email SAVIOUR68   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers for all
[pray]

Posts: 401 | From: UNITED STATES OF TEXAS | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dirtybird
Contributor 2014
Member # 21130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dirtybird   Email Dirtybird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers and condolences to the Simmons Family and friends.
Posts: 2300 | From: Ohio | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cmane07
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21197

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cmane07   Email Cmane07   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers to the Simmons family. I got to hunt at his camp in Alabama several years ago and heard many a story about his bowhunting skill.

--------------------
Caleb Hinton

58" PA-X cocobolo 50lbs @28"
"Luck favors preparation"

Posts: 387 | From: Hattiesburg, MS | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mudd
Contributor 2014
Member # 184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mudd   Author's Homepage   Email Mudd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so very sorry for your loss and that of the family and friends as well.

Abba please wrap your loving, care, and compassionate arms around those who are hurting from this loss Lord.

Please allow them to feel your presence in a very supernatural way Father.

Whatever blessing are needed, please provide.

I ask this in your son's name. Amen!

His servant, Mudd

--------------------
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Posts: 11302 | From: Ashland,Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr. fingers
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mr. fingers   Email Mr. fingers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers for the Simmons family a friends I will be thinking of Jerry every day I hunt this year with my arrows tipped with 165 land sharks that I bought a long time ago when Jerry was still at the helm . I hope I have success so in a small way I can commemorate his memory.
God bless.

Posts: 398 | From: Eveleth MN. | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Froggy
Contributor 2014
Member # 14812

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Froggy   Email Froggy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers for the family ....

--------------------
TGMM >>>>---------> Family of the bow

Posts: 4427 | From: Athens, Georgia | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caughtandhobble
Contributor 2014
Member # 35669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caughtandhobble   Email Caughtandhobble   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to hear about the loss... His legacy is carried on in my quiver.
Posts: 1246 | From: TX | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cacciatore
Contributor 2014
Member # 17855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cacciatore   Email cacciatore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So bad to hear such news. Prayers for the family.
RIP Jerry.

--------------------
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Posts: 7970 | From: Italy/Colorado | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yohon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yohon   Email Yohon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very sad to hear.....I met him at the Buckarama in Georgia many moons ago and that meeting changed the way I hunt. He was free with information and was a gem of a guy to talk too, knew his stuff and had perfected some hunting equipment that has stod the test of time. I was hunting just last night, still using a Simmons climbing belt. RIP Jerry.

--------------------
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Posts: 1066 | From: Maryland | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe ashton
Contributor 2013
Member # 11463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe ashton   Email joe ashton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My prayers are with you and the Simmons family..Joe

--------------------
Joe Ashton,D.C.
pronghorn long bow 54#
black widow long bow 55#
21 century long bow 55#
big horn recurve 58#

Posts: 3198 | From: colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roger Norris
SPONSOR
Member # 601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger Norris   Author's Homepage   Email Roger Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow....another great one gone....Prayers sent.

--------------------
"I think wolves would find me stringy, of high cholesterol, with an Irish whiskey aftertaste"
www.traditionalwoodsman.com Your Source For Asbell Wool
Governor, District 10, MBH

Posts: 3222 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
david janssen
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8215

Icon 1 posted      Profile for david janssen   Email david janssen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Prayers sent from Michigan.

--------------------
David Janssen

Posts: 878 | From: Cass City,Mich | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pheonixarcher
Contributor 2014
Member # 35623

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pheonixarcher   Email Pheonixarcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ditto

--------------------
Plant a fruit or nut tree today, and have good hunting tomarrow.
=}}}}}-----------------------------}>
Java man Elkheart 54" & Inferno 56", Holm made Osprey 60", Big Foot Sasquatch 58" LB, Hill Country K-2 60", Super Shrew 58", Shrew Scout 58".

Posts: 703 | From: Traverse City, Michigan | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply <blink><font color=yellow>PLEASE DO NOT POST IMAGES WIDER THAN 640!</font></blink> Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2014 ~ Trad Gang.com ©