3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » HH BUG GOT ME - Part Two! (Page 287)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 312 pages: 1  2  3  ...  284  285  286  287  288  289  290  ...  310  311  312   
Author Topic: HH BUG GOT ME - Part Two!
HighNTree
Member # 4509

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HighNTree   Email HighNTree   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like your dedication. You stuck with it and made something happen. Those Berry bows are whisper quiet. None of the deer that I shot with my new-to-me Argos reacted to the sound of the release. I am quickly becoming a JD Berry longbow fan!
Posts: 42 | From: Pasadena, Maryland | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CHENRYIV
Contributor 2014
Member # 35230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHENRYIV   Email CHENRYIV   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this article in the Spring 1998 Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia (TBG) newsletter. Our dear friend Robert Carter (RC) wrote it. Almost 19 years to the month and he's still getting it done.

-

-

-

--------------------
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and he bends with his might that his >>--> may go swift and far.

Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Posts: 288 | From: GA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yohon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yohon   Email Yohon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another one sucked into the addiction....
 -
Half breed, cocobola riser and black glass and straight grip.
 -
Im sold already on just the fact of how dang quiet they are!!! Cant wait to get it shooting at some critters.Having never shot anything with a longbow Im looking forward to the challenge.

--------------------
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Posts: 1285 | From: Maryland | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Lyon
Charter Member - Contributor 2017
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Lyon   Email Ray Lyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beauty. Welcome to the clan. Good luck with that first critter.

--------------------
Shrewhaven Lodge co-chef

Posts: 4336 | From: Traverse City, MI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Charlie Lamb
Charter Member
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Charlie Lamb   Email Charlie Lamb   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Crispin! I've always said that if you have hunting land and want to sell it quick, just give me permission to hunt on it. Usually takes about 2 years max. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Posts: 11321 | From: Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Mitchell
Contributor 2017
Member # 85

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Mitchell   Email David Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yohon, that is a beauty--such beauty in simplicity. I have come to prefer the colored glass. I guess it takes me back to the earlier days of my archery pilgrimage when that was all there was.
Posts: 4096 | From: Charleston, WV | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R.V.T.B.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R.V.T.B.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good looking bow Yohon.... can't wait to see it laying on the side of a nice sika stag!
Posts: 614 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
two4hooking
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for two4hooking   Author's Homepage   Email two4hooking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome to the madness Yohon. See you around.
Greg

--------------------
HILL STYLE
>>>--------->

Posts: 889 | From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Green
Contributor 2016
Member # 25862

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Green   Email Green   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on your success Crispin, but dang'd sure sorry to hear about the sale of your hunting property.

--------------------
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Posts: 3365 | From: Kempner, TX | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yohon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yohon   Email Yohon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks guys been fun so far....R.V.T.B......you know it was all your fault [thumbsup]

Greg, I sure hope we run into one another at the Baltimore shoot!!!

--------------------
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Posts: 1285 | From: Maryland | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
two4hooking
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for two4hooking   Author's Homepage   Email two4hooking   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be there...I'll bring a few vintage Schulz bows for you to shoot and you can launch a few with my Sunset Hill. ;-)

--------------------
HILL STYLE
>>>--------->

Posts: 889 | From: Frederick, MD | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J_Foster
Contributor 2014
Member # 37809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J_Foster   Email J_Foster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

-

Happy Birthday to me! Charlie Lamb Sunbear. 66" 58# at 29". Just received it yesterday. It's my first Hill style longbow. Shot for about an hour yesterday and am very impressed. Really looking forward to learning to shoot it proficiently. Thanks too all of you guys for the tips y'all have provided. I appreciate it!

Posts: 3 | From: tx | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J_Foster
Contributor 2014
Member # 37809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J_Foster   Email J_Foster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry guys, can't figure out how to post pictures from my phone. I'll try again later this evening.
Posts: 3 | From: tx | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RC
Charter Member
Member # 162

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RC   Email RC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good hunt today with my homemade string follow. 1st of 2017. 10 yard shot. Thank you Lord!RC

-

Posts: 4948 | From: Baxley,Ga | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CHENRYIV
Contributor 2014
Member # 35230

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CHENRYIV   Email CHENRYIV   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats RC!! Way to start off the new year

--------------------
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and he bends with his might that his >>--> may go swift and far.

Traditional Bowhunters of Georgia
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society

Posts: 288 | From: GA | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 312 pages: 1  2  3  ...  284  285  286  287  288  289  290  ...  310  311  312   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©