3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Cade M. Cabrera

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Cari-Bow Tuktu EX speed (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Cari-Bow Tuktu EX speed
nineworlds9
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 37028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nineworlds9   Email nineworlds9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now we're talkin! [clapper]

--------------------
54" Java Man Helms Deep
54" Shrew CH Carbon
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
62" Cleland Stickbow

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Posts: 7157 | From: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hybridbow hunter
Contributor 2015
Member # 22270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hybridbow hunter   Email hybridbow hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No way...
Read the gpp low and corresponding speed on left on the blue line.
This is the work or the French trad bow hunting association (ATO) on the tuktuEX TD , hooter shooter, 2 chrono in line and artificial light mounted on chrono. 28" draw length AMO ( 26.25" from string to pivot point) 7.25" DL

-

On this one you can see where this bow is really outstanding : the blue dotted line is the effort line: from 14.5" draw length to close to 31" the bow is getting less than 2.6# per inch of draw on a very constant way for a 51#@28" bow ( the light blue horizontal line is the 2,6# per inch of draw mark line)
From 30 to 31" of draw, the bow poundage increase is just 2,8# and it is just a wood and glass 60" AMO bow !

-

--------------------
La critique est aisée mais l'art est difficile.

Posts: 553 | From: France | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
damascusdave
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for damascusdave   Email damascusdave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Take a look at Pete Ward's website...Pete has been chronographing bows for a long time and he uses a three under dead release confirmed by his wife, Pat...Pete had been doing it for years to achieve the consistent results he does with great attention to detail...Pete has a history of testing Abe's bows and I wonder if he might not have another of the Tuktu EX in the future

DDave

--------------------
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Posts: 3554 | From: Mirror, Alberta, Canada | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
damascusdave
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 20202

Icon 1 posted      Profile for damascusdave   Email damascusdave   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe Blackie Schwarz often tests bows with both mechanical and finger release and gets consistently higher velocities with the mechanical version...the only meaningful numbers for personal use are those we shoot with our typical release...I have about a 30 inch draw which often raises my numbers somes...I once shot one of my 1960 Kodiaks over my Chrony getting three identical readings of 185 fps in the morning...I shot the same bow for three shots in the afternoon getting three identical readings of 180 fps indicating that I was drawing the bow consistently shorter for some reason, or maybe just using a deader release...for checking my consistency I like Technohunt which registers the velocity of each shot...when I am getting good releases I vary about 5 fps over 40 shots...when I am a bit sloppy I can easily vary 10...a chronograph is only one indicator of bow performance...btw if you want to see and interesting force draw curve take a look at Pete Ward's recent results with the Border Covert Hunter...truly amazing

DDave

--------------------
I set out a while ago to reduce my herd of 40 bows...And I am finally down to 42

Posts: 3554 | From: Mirror, Alberta, Canada | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin Dill
Contributor 2015
Member # 3560

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin Dill   Email Kevin Dill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't own a chronograph, simply because I'm not focused to any extent on speed data. I've been around them enough to see/know that a bad fingers release can cost 8-10 fps. The only true way to know the bow's capability is via shooting machine removing all human variables.

fwiw: Many years ago we used to do nothing except practice our release some days. It made a difference in accuracy...we didn't spend any time measuring speed.

Posts: 1697 | From: OH - Buckeye Country | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeffg
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 37895

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jeffg   Email jeffg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like using a chronograph because helps me work on getting a more consistent anchor and release buy the arrow speeds. I know speed doesn't kill as much as consistency and accuracy does.

--------------------
64" Northern Mist Ramer
60" W&W Black Wolf-Border Hex 7.5
58" Fox Maverick

Posts: 463 | From: pa | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAVIOUR68
Contributor 2015
Member # 35651

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAVIOUR68   Email SAVIOUR68   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just for grins I shoot my EX through 2 different chrono's [pro chrono and a F1].Bow is a 60" 56@28 and I draw 28.5, arrow was 576gr axis.
3 shots through each chrono all were within 181-183fps and this is with a loaded string [silencers/tie-on nocks] hunt ready and with fingers. Brace height is 7.00 on the nose.
Ur finding at 27 should be correct as per your first post.

Posts: 461 | From: UNITED STATES OF TEXAS | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©