INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Gordon Jabben

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE 2016 ST. JUDE AUCTION BIDDING FORUMS

Trad Gang.com
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » HH bug got me ... Part One! (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 997 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  995  996  997   
Author Topic: HH bug got me ... Part One!
longbowben
Contributor 2015
Member # 13980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longbowben   Email longbowben   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This bow has ebony rizer all the way to the back lambs for the old school look and ebony tips.Im stoked.This will be my 2nd, Wow 200 bows Trad900 my wife would kill me.Craig said 4-5 weeks [jumper]

--------------------
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow
USAF 90-96 69TH Bomb Squadron

Posts: 3262 | From: Bethesda ohio | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tradlongbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tradlongbow   Email tradlongbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
longbowben-

I don't know if I missed it, but what limb material did you get?

Congratulation,
Darren

--------------------
Darren

tradlongbow@yahoo.com

"Archery may not be the sport of all Kings, but Archery is the King of Sports"
Howard Hill

SunSet Hill, stringfollow, 66" 53@27.5",

Posts: 1270 | From: Florida | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longbowben
Contributor 2015
Member # 13980

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longbowben   Email longbowben   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
5 layers of Bamboo with clear glass.Ebony tips and old school ebony handle.

--------------------
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 3262 | From: Bethesda ohio | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longbowben
Contributor 2015
Member # 13980

And all your falt Ben Maher. [laughing]

--------------------
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow

longbowben
Contributor 2015
Member # 13980

This is my first Wesley special.  - And i cant wait for the new one.I couldnt believe how easy it was to shoot a D bow with a straight grip.And all this talk about hand shock is [dunno] I must be holding it right.

--------------------
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow

Mudd
2017 Contributor
Member # 184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mudd   Author's Homepage   Email Mudd   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will have to get some pictures to go with this post but I just picked up from the P.O. a "new-to-me" sweet shooting Big 5 66' 51@28.

Ah ha! I found some online but I'll take some of my own later.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -

God bless,Mudd

--------------------
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Posts: 11986 | From: Ashland,Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KPaul
Contributor 2010
Member # 8976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KPaul   Email KPaul   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I keep thinking...ebony,ebony,ebony.I like it longbowben. [thumbsup]

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

Men occasionally stumble over the truth,but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.

Posts: 552 | From: Cincinnati,Ohio | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben Maher
Contributor 2017
Member # 5543

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ben Maher   Email Ben Maher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ben...I'll gladly take the blame mate !
I reckon you'll find the longer length all the sweeter and ebony and 'boo under clear glass is about as good as it gets .

--------------------
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Posts: 2642 | From: australia | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cookus
Contributor 2013
Member # 17834

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cookus   Email Cookus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice looking Big 5 Mudd! How many Hills are you currently providing room and board for?

--------------------
West Virginia Bowhunters Association
PBS Associate Member

Posts: 902 | From: West Virginia | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Overspined
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12800

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Overspined   Email Overspined   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I shoot a league in winter, some technohunt. I shot my personal best yesterday and was within many wheelie bow shooters' scores! A 202. I didn't miss a target. 68" 45# redman. I did get antler tips and ebony riser. I like the darker risers but have seen some w snakewood too that r cool! I am finding that I shoot lighter and longer bows about 50 and less easier and more accurately. I can handle more, but not for long
Posts: 2084 | From: Michigan | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kevin L.
Contributor 2013
Member # 4270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kevin L.   Author's Homepage   Email Kevin L.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know all about it. My favorite at the moment is a 66" Wesley drawing 58@28. In fact, most of my bows are within a pound or two of that draw. Nothing feels like bamboo, whether in a bow limb or a fly rod.

I think every one who buys, sells or trades bows has the one that they wish they had back. Mine was a 68" 58@28 Wesley with clear glass, an ebony riser, dished grip and no tip overlays. That one ended up going to a new home when money was tight way back in the mid '90s and I still miss it.

Right now, the stable is down to the Wesley, a Cheetah and 10 or 11 other assorted longbows, all similar in profile to a Hill. Add in a couple of '50s style recurves and my project next week is to make some racks for bows and flintlocks.

Good choice [thumbsup]

Kevin

--------------------
Appalachian LB 66"57@26
Appalachian LB 68" 60@28
Appalachian Flatbow 64" 56@28
Appalachian Archery RC 58"62@28
Bighorn LB 68" 57@28
HH Wesley LB 66" 53@27
HH Cheetah LB 66" 52@26
Saxon American RC 58" 60@28

Posts: 1811 | From: Waynesboro, VA | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longbowben
Contributor 2015
Member # 13980

Any pictures Kevin?

--------------------
54" Hoots 57@28
60" MOAB 60@28
Gold tip, 160gr Snuffer
TGMM Family of the Bow

HARL
Contributor 2017
Member # 689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HARL   Email HARL   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I always love these threads !!! I am not sure how many fellas I have warned about trying out a Hill bow.Believe me I found out years ago about the Hill Bug !!!!!!!

--------------------
62"63@28 Zipper Nitro
62"60@28 Zipper Nitro

A Doz. Hill Longbows

Posts: 2014 | From: Barrie Ont.Can. | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RRock
Contributor 2010
Member # 7541

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RRock   Author's Homepage   Email RRock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, that dose it. I've got a couple weeks left here before the season is out and I'm gonna finish it with my HH Big 5. 55@28" 68". Really like shooting that bow.
Posts: 1285 | From: Ohio | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jack Denbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9517

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jack Denbow   Email Jack Denbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why did I look at this thread again? Dern you guys. Ebony, ebony, ebony, now I am going to have to look at the website. I think I am going to get a whipping.
Jack

--------------------
PBS Associate member
TGMM Family of the Bow
Life is good in the mountains

Posts: 1603 | From: Nowhere, Virginia | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 997 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  995  996  997   

Open Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©