Taurus Bows
3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Gordon Jabben

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE 2016 ST. JUDE AUCTION BIDDING FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Trad Gang is 101% Traditional Bowhunting ONLY, and now .... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Trad Gang is 101% Traditional Bowhunting ONLY, and now ....
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... we have a totally separate sister forum - BLACK POWDER GANG - just created yesterday, that's dedicated to traditional 18th and 19th century black powder FIREARMS for hunting and sport. This is a free, public forum.

If you are already hunting and shooting with muzzleloaders OR cartridge rifles of those eras, using real black powder (OR modern bp substitute powders), or wish to learn more about all of this good stuff, please visit ....

Black Powder Gang

PLEASE be aware that as always here at Trad Gang, we do not allow talk of any weapons other than traditional archery, so please do not reply to this thread with talk of firearms. THANK YOU!

[campfire]

--------------------
IAM ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TANJ ~ TGMM ~ NRA Life ~ NRA RSO ~ TMA ~ Buffalo Rifles

Posts: 9911 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck with the new venture! I am just a trad bow guy, so I'll just stick around here!

Bisch

P.S. - Rob, you might want to fix the title of the thread so it says "Trad Gang......" instead of just Trad.

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11250 | From: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oops! thanx for the head's up bisch!

the reason for the bpgang forum is to offer that kind of cyber campfire to folks who enjoy both types of trad hunting and shooting. and we know, via correspondence with members, there are quite a few trad gangers into the trad firearm world.

but heck, bisch, please do enjoy our home here! same goes to everyone else! enjoy any one or both worlds of hunting weapon styles. [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

--------------------
IAM ~ Black Powder Gang ~ TANJ ~ TGMM ~ NRA Life ~ NRA RSO ~ TMA ~ Buffalo Rifles

Posts: 9911 | From: NJ | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nantahala Nut
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 42956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nantahala Nut   Email Nantahala Nut   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome! I was just looking at flintlock and thinking about getting into that. Good to know I would have a great community to learn from. I wouldn't be trad if I hadn't found tradgang.
Posts: 258 | From: Cullowhee, North Carolina | Registered: Jan 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2nocks
Contributor 2016
Member # 38130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2nocks   Email 2nocks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't have any luck registering?
Posts: 376 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2nocks
Contributor 2016
Member # 38130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2nocks   Email 2nocks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
now it worked. sorry!
Posts: 376 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Michael Arnette
Contributor 2017
Member # 18012

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Michael Arnette   Email Michael Arnette   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool! I'm with Bisch with my love for archery
Posts: 2145 | From: Tulsa, Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rob DiStefano
Admin - Webmaster
Member # 99

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rob DiStefano   Author's Homepage   Email Rob DiStefano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i love 'em ALL [thumbsup] [thumbsup]

[campfire]

--------------------

Straitshot
2017 Contributor
Member # 1836

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Straitshot   Email Straitshot   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Though trad archery occupies most of my heart I do have room for the nostalgia of BP firearms, and these days there isn't that much difference in the cost of the weapons used.

I didn't have any problems registering but when I attempt to post with a couple of photos it tells me my file is too large but I am attempting to post only two photos which are both under 640 wide.

--------------------
A man's true measure is not found in what he says, but in what he does.

Posts: 940 | From: San Angelo, Texas | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bbell
Contributor 2016
Member # 21606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bbell   Email bbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's cool. I just finished a Lyman gpr and have had an interest in BP lately.
Posts: 121 | From: Oregon | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cacciatore
Contributor 2017
Member # 17855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cacciatore   Email cacciatore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bisch:
Good luck with the new venture! I am just a trad bow guy, so I'll just stick around here!

Bisch

P.S. - Rob, you might want to fix the title of the thread so it says "Trad Gang......" instead of just Trad.

X3

--------------------
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Posts: 8932 | From: Italy/Colorado | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brock
Contributor 2016
Member # 7061

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Brock   Email Brock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks...the traditional blackpowder guys are fighting the same advances in technology we are...that are ruining their seasons and sport.

--------------------
Keep em sharp,

Ron Herman
Compton's Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers
PBS Assoc since 1988
NRA Life
USAF Retired (1984-2004)

Posts: 1680 | From: Charleston, South Carolina | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bbell
Contributor 2016
Member # 21606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bbell   Email bbell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's cool. I just finished a Lyman gpr and have had an interest in BP lately.
Posts: 121 | From: Oregon | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
Contributor 2017
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like both and will check it out.... [thumbsup]

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15185 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not much of a black powder shooter, even though I have 4 or 5. But I think I will check it out, though as it sounds interesting. Will check in as soon as I get finished on Trad Gang in a little while.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4381 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2016 ~ Trad Gang.com ©