3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Bear Montana Brown Maple (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Bear Montana Brown Maple
Kenny Henderson
2017 Contributor
Member # 16841

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenny Henderson   Email Kenny Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I decided I wanted to give shooting a longbow a try, I decided to buy a Bear Montana but in the Brown Maple version, I love the brown fiberglass limbs. The first thing I did was take the leather grip off and put a rubber shurgrip on the handle. I found a "sweet spot" brace height of 8", and with a bow weight of 45@28 it loves to shoot Easton Legacy 1916 arrows. I am looking forward to spending some time shooting this bow.
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
"Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass" Psalm 37:5

Posts: 155 | From: Boonville Indiana | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ulysseys
Contributor 2017
Member # 11263

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ulysseys   Email Ulysseys   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice I love the brown

--------------------
Type inspirational or witty quote here

Posts: 957 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sota
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 43088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sota   Email Sota   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I didn't even know they had a Maple brown version, I like it😀
Posts: 45 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M60gunner
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 6337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M60gunner   Email M60gunner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice, I like that combo. I see your arrows match well.
Posts: 2194 | From: Sun City, Az. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Mitchell
Contributor 2017
Member # 85

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Mitchell   Email David Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice!
Posts: 4095 | From: Charleston, WV | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KyStickbow
2017 Contributor
Member # 23941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KyStickbow   Email KyStickbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love it! I am a huge Montana fan...and was planning on ordering the new brown glass model very soon.

Would you mind posting a pic of the tips Kenny?

--------------------
Aim small...Miss small!!

Posts: 2158 | From: Kentucky | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ceme24
Contributor 2015
Member # 22378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ceme24   Email ceme24   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had no idea they were now offering this. very nice!!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with.” - Billy Graham

Posts: 2814 | From: Ohio | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stixbowdrew
SPONSOR
Member # 28378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stixbowdrew   Email Stixbowdrew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks awesome!

--------------------
All we have to decide is what to do with the time given to us.

www.selwayarcheryproducts.com

Posts: 831 | From: SE Michigan | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longstiks
Contributor 2014
Member # 1759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longstiks   Email longstiks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you tried a lower brace height? That is kinda high for a long bow.It might get quieter at a lower brace.Just my 2cents for what it's worth.
Denny

Posts: 737 | From: Ravenna Ohio | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yohon
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 128

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Yohon   Email Yohon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How cool is that..... [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Take the time to take your time and enjoy the trip." Mike Bolin

Posts: 1284 | From: Maryland | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chad4372
Member # 45532

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chad4372   Email Chad4372   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a real nice setup.
Chad

Posts: 13 | From: MI | Registered: Nov 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Brown is just a good bow color. It just looks "right".

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4787 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenny Henderson
2017 Contributor
Member # 16841

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kenny Henderson   Email Kenny Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here are some pics of the limb tips for you KyStickbow
 -
 -

--------------------
"Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him, And He shall bring it to pass" Psalm 37:5

Posts: 155 | From: Boonville Indiana | Registered: Jul 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kenny Henderson
2017 Contributor
Member # 16841

I'll play with the brace height some, this bow seems pretty quiet right now and I don't have any string silencers on it yet. Buy I'll try lowering it and see how it behaves.

--------------------

KyStickbow
2017 Contributor
Member # 23941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KyStickbow   Email KyStickbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Kenny! I didn't know how I would like the solid white tips...but it doesn't look too bad.

And for brace height...mine shoots best at 7 3/8".

--------------------
Aim small...Miss small!!

Posts: 2158 | From: Kentucky | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©