3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Ben Holtz

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Miss HOPE and FAITH from Black River (Page 11)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Miss HOPE and FAITH from Black River
huskyarcher
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 22271

Icon 1 posted      Profile for huskyarcher   Email huskyarcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for the delay!

Took hope out on saturday afternoon. I had a ton of pics in an area, and with the wife complaining about the lack of fresh deer in the freezer i figured it would be a good time to try it.

I thought the evening was a waste as the landowner was exercising his 2nd amendment rights about 100 yards from the stand but the deer didnt seem to care. Two yearlings came down the hill to almost right under me to my surprise. Sure i could have waited on a bigger more mature doe, but honestly i was thinking about how tender the yearling would be, and decided it would be perfect to eat.

The shot was nearly straight down, and after i realeased the deer dropped, i immediatly followed up with another arrow as i thought it was hit in the spine, but upon further inspection the spine was just clipped and all the goodies were taken out on the initial shot.

I was tickled to get some meat on the ground, and especially with Hope. I went home and cubed up the meat, and put it right in the crockpot the next morning complete with several veggies. That crockpot full made it about 10 hours between my wife and I. Needless to say that deer was some fine eating.

Took the deer with a cedar arrow topped with a tusker head. Hope is a great shooting bow that comes complete with mojo apparently! Cant wait to see what the rest of the month holds! Maybe we can add to the mojo, as if Bisch needs any more mojo, lol.

Ohh yea, pics:

-

-

--------------------
------------
Dalton Lewis
PBS Associate Member
Psalm 37:4- "Delight thyself also in the Lord:and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart."

Posts: 1432 | From: Ashe County, North Carolina | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ceme24
Contributor 2015
Member # 22378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ceme24   Email ceme24   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations! Yes, they taste wonderful.

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

"God has given us two hands, one to receive with and the other to give with. - Billy Graham

Posts: 2806 | From: Ohio | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bvas   Email Bvas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done!!

--------------------
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Posts: 724 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for South MS Bowhunter   Email South MS Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Dalton! Aim Small, Kill small or something like that...right?

Oh, not your deer, what I meant to say was miss small...oh never mind [biglaugh]

--------------------
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Posts: 3901 | From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twitchstick
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twitchstick   Email twitchstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go! Congrats
Posts: 3008 | From: utah | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Way to go Dalton!!!!

Keep the magic going!!!!

Congrats,

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11731 | From: Sonora, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©