3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Steven "memo" Dimitrakellis

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Miss HOPE and FAITH from Black River (Page 9)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: Miss HOPE and FAITH from Black River
Possum Head
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23948

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Possum Head   Email Possum Head   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After seeing the pic I asked myself why I didn't strap the Eagles Flight on it while test driving.
She handled nicely and launched with authority. Will is quiet an artist and those considering a 3 pc. should give this baby serious thought. Now that she's gone the water is falling and frogs are waiting. Sure did wanna ship her with a slime coated riser! [banghead]

Posts: 1932 | From: Hurley, Mississippi | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ca
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ca   Email ca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those who shot both, the recurve and hybrid which one do you prefer and why?
Thanks in advance.

--------------------
No Country for Old Men

Posts: 121 | From: WI | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll be hunting with Hope in September and im getting ready to make up a set of woodies for her. since our season actually opens August 26th I'll be receiving her and getting tuned after the opener.

Wanting to be as close as possible on the arrow setup so therefore, I'm asking the current holder of Hope to post a degree of center cut to help me select a spine weight.

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 2858 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fnshtr
Contributor 2017
Member # 18653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fnshtr   Email fnshtr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he cuts them all 3/16" past center.

--------------------
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Posts: 2585 | From: Rockport West Virginia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Wayne. With that I should be able to get very close.

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 2858 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cove-Creek
Contributor 2017
Member # 13378

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cove-Creek   Email Cove-Creek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just checked for you and it does measure to be 3/16" past center.

--------------------
Zach

Posts: 174 | From: Billings, MT | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Thanks, Zach. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Monterey

wapiti792
Contributor 2017
Member # 8137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wapiti792   Email wapiti792   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Faith arrived safe and sound today...strung over lunch and taaaaa-daaaa 20 yard bullseye first arrow. I was late back to work after lunch and told my staff I had a hot date with "Faith". Murmurings and rolled eyes [Smile] !

I get her a little longer as I have a moose hunt. Truthfully I am injured. Jiujitsu omplaplatta (shoulder locks) and trad archery do not mix. I have had my hands full trying to stay in the game...then along comes Faith.

I am going to kill a moose with this bow. She told me over lunch, whispering sweet nothings over a growling stomach in scorching heat as the arrows made a rhythmic thump into the target.

Stay tuned...

--------------------
Mike Davenport

Posts: 3118 | From: Southern IL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fnshtr
Contributor 2017
Member # 18653

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fnshtr   Email fnshtr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[campfire] [pray]

--------------------
56" Kempf Kwyk Styk 50@28
54" Java Man Elkheart 50@28
WVBA Member
1 John 3:1

Posts: 2585 | From: Rockport West Virginia | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mnbwhtr
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9523

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mnbwhtr   Email mnbwhtr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad Faith got there safely! Good luck on your moose hunt. Randy
Posts: 433 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wapiti792
Contributor 2017
Member # 8137

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wapiti792   Email wapiti792   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you Randy! Appreciate you getting her to me [campfire]

--------------------
Mike Davenport

Posts: 3118 | From: Southern IL | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck Mike! Both with the moose and the shoulder...

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 16746 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rock 'N Bow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 16369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rock 'N Bow   Email Rock 'N Bow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's been almost a month since the last post, so I figured I would let you know I received Faith today from Mike. Due to his shoulder injury he passed her along early.

I was concerned at first about not having an opportunity to hunt with her opening day, but now I have plenty of time to get acquainted. The first thing I noticed was the mass weight. Having shot mostly Hill style bows weighing about 18oz. it took a little getting used to.

The first shot with a bare shaft was to the right and nock high. I adjusted the brace height from 7 1/4 to 7 1/2 and I was right on the money. The mass weight and relatively low draw weight allowed me to take my time with each shot.

I look forward to hunting with her this October for deer, but I just might be able to hunt bear at a friend's property in Pennsylvania. Hopefully this bow will get some good mojo.

--------------------
Wapiti Spike Longbow 64" 58#@29"
J.K. Traditions Kanati 58" 58#@29"
Kim Sha Traditions 64" 49#@28"
Belcher Union Jack 66" 52#@27"
Whippenstick Classic 66" 53#@28"

Posts: 451 | From: Long Island, NY | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Unfeature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©