INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Steven "memo" Dimitrakellis

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Marco vanes

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Marco vanes
DawgDoc
Contributor 2017
Member # 37200

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DawgDoc   Email DawgDoc   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are Marco vanes still being produced or is the company that makes them no longer in business?
Posts: 68 | From: ga | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M60gunner
Contributor 2017
Member # 6337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M60gunner   Email M60gunner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I did a search. The retailers I used to get them from do not have them. I found a company that has some but I wonder with all the sizes, colors not available if it is NOS stuff left over?
I used them by the hundreds years ago. I discarded what I had left not to long ago because they dried up a fell apart to the touch. Many fond memories from when we (our family) shot those vanes.

Posts: 2122 | From: Sun City, Az. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamesV
Contributor 2013
Member # 23743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamesV   Email JamesV   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Marco vanes were my "go to" back in the day. I shoot feathers now with my traditional equipment.

James

--------------------
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Posts: 2012 | From: Rolling Fork, Mississippi | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dragonheart
Contributor 2017
Member # 1953

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dragonheart   Author's Homepage   Email dragonheart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they are out of business. I have some 4" white if you are interested PM me.

--------------------
Longbows & Short Shots

Posts: 4298 | From: Nacogdoches, Texas | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan Jones
Member # 20921

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan Jones   Email Dan Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Google Mullen Archery Sales in Oakwood, Ohio and you'll find a number of apparently current listings, including several on Faceboook. I believe MARCO is a trade name for several of their products.
Posts: 64 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BowDiddle
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 36945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BowDiddle   Email BowDiddle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's Mullen Sales.

They aren't out of business. Just doing their business on the big auction site now.

Posts: 129 | From: TX | Registered: Aug 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAMMO
Member # 46457

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAMMO   Email SAMMO   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Recently bought some on **** and remember to acetone the base or they will not stick. Worse for having release agent of any vane I have ever used but they are soft. Take care

--------------------
2xDAS17longs
Rambowarfmeds

Posts: 8 | From: Arkansas | Registered: Jul 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M60gunner
Contributor 2017
Member # 6337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M60gunner   Email M60gunner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sammo, I won't ask how you know to wipe down the vanes. Probably the same way I know! Still do it these days with the NAP and AAE vanes I use on my son's arrows.
Posts: 2122 | From: Sun City, Az. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©