3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Steven "memo" Dimitrakellis

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Osage r/d (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Osage r/d
Hoosierarcher88
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosierarcher88   Email Hoosierarcher88   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really wanting to have a new bow made in either all or mostly osage. I love how osage ages and would like to have a bow i could shoot for the next 15 years or so then pass on to my son. What bowyers do a lot with osage? Ive looked around online and found a few r/d's with osage accents but not really many that have osage risers and limb veneers.

--------------------
Crooked stic Hyperstic 62" 50#
Bear grizzly 40#
Great Northern Shadow 64" 55#

Posts: 121 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mark Willoughby
Contributor 2017
Member # 42619

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mark Willoughby   Email mark Willoughby   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if he still makes them but Gregg of javaman archery has a really sweet looking all wood bow called the duoflex bet he'd be a good person to ask but like I said I don't know if he's still offering them hope this helps

--------------------
Never spend your money before you have earned it ,.... Thomas Jefferson

If you want something you've never had , you must be willing to do something you've never done ,... Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 828 | From: kentucky | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosierarcher88
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45648

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hoosierarcher88   Email Hoosierarcher88   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dont see the duoflex listed on his site. What im looking for is a modern r/d like the thunderchild or similar styles but in either all osage riser with osage veneers or maybe osage riser with cocobola accent and osage veneers.

--------------------
Bear grizzly 40#

Posts: 121 | From: Indiana | Registered: Dec 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bow man
SPONSOR
Member # 13512

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bow man   Author's Homepage   Email Bow man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We do a lot of osage take a look at our website when you have time.

--------------------
You worked to hard and paid a lot of money for that new bow. Why would you trust protecting it to anything less than Thunderbird Epoxy!!!
www.tbirdarchery.com
www.stjoeriverbows.com

Posts: 2657 | From: Michigan | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blueridge
Contributor 2017
Member # 24304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blueridge   Author's Homepage   Email Blueridge   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Widow Plx Osage. Test drive one, you will love it.

--------------------
Isaiah 1:18-20 Come now let us reason together, says the Lord.

Posts: 1027 | From: Georgia | Registered: Jul 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JBuchin3
Member # 39414

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JBuchin3   Author's Homepage   Email JBuchin3   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave and Tracey @ St Joe River bows made my Osage bow named Goldie. Beautifully done, and habe one on the way for my wife. Cant go wrong with them!

--------------------
John Buchin
@jbuchin3
Michigan Longbow Association

Longbows Forever

Posts: 13 | From: Plainwell, Michigan | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Braveheart Archery
SPONSOR
Member # 1289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Braveheart Archery   Author's Homepage   Email Braveheart Archery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We actually have 3 Firefly Osage bows in stock at the moment. They are all static recurves but you can see how they look. One is half Osage but the others are all Osage, a righty and a lefty.

LINK: Firefly Bows In Stock Page

Osage makes for a very handsome bow no doubt. Jim has been building r/d longbows for nearly 30 years and his longbows are shooters for sure. He would happily make you an all Osage bow any way you wanted it.

--------------------
Braveheart Archery www.braveheartarchery.us
The web home of Firefly Bows.
Shipping rates start at just $2.99!
Trad Gang Sponsor since 2006

Posts: 3022 | From: Kansas City, MO | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nineworlds9
Contributor 2017
Member # 37028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nineworlds9   Email nineworlds9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hoosierarcher88:
Really wanting to have a new bow made in either all or mostly osage. I love how osage ages and would like to have a bow i could shoot for the next 15 years or so then pass on to my son. What bowyers do a lot with osage? Ive looked around online and found a few r/d's with osage accents but not really many that have osage risers and limb veneers.

Big Jim could easily build you an all Osage Thunderchild or Buffalo, just call him. I had a lovely 2pc Buffalo for a spell with figured Osage veneers, it was beautiful, ended up letting it go cause draw weight was a few # less than I prefer.

--------------------
56" Hill Country Bobcat
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
62" Wes Wallace Mentor
70" HHA Black Mamba #46

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Posts: 6989 | From: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
robslifts
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9977

Icon 1 posted      Profile for robslifts   Email robslifts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dave and Tracey from st Joe river bows make a great bow. They use Osage all the time. I had a Osage one made for my dad and it is darkening up super nice. They are a sponsor here.

--------------------
St. Joe River Bows

Posts: 1210 | From: Grand Rapids, mi | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hoosierarcher88
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45648

The st joe river bows look good and have a decent size riser to where you can see the wood good. I like the thunderchild but worry with as small as the riser is it wouldnt show much wood at all. Ive tried using the search bar but so many pictures have been wiped out by Photobucket its almost impossible to find anything anymore

--------------------
Bear grizzly 40#

cecilm
Contributor 2017
Member # 5341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for cecilm   Email cecilm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pronghorn bows makes an all Osage also.
Posts: 295 | From: mn. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mjh
Contributor 2017
Member # 4337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mjh   Email mjh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a Maddog Prairie Predator with Osage riser/handle and black glass on the limbs. Might be able to get the whole bow in Osage. Two of my recurves have Osage limbs also. 4 Knives with Osage handles....I like Osage!
Posts: 747 | From: mn | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Java Man
SPONSOR
Member # 38

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Java Man   Author's Homepage   Email Java Man   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Hoosierarcher88:

I can make any of my models in all osage if you like. With clear glass of course.

Gregg

--------------------
"TGMM Family of the Bow"

http://www.javamanarchery.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/javamanpam?ref=hl

Posts: 821 | From: Fenton, MI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
Contributor 2017
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mike Treadway.......I got an all Osage bow with cedar lams......just beautiful. Chad Holm does nice work with Osage also.....I have a couple he made for me. I love Osage also.

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15587 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fletcher
Associate Sponsor - Contributor 2016
Member # 1125

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fletcher   Email Fletcher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chuck Jones, Okaw Valley Longbows and Black Rhino Bows has made all osage longbows for years. Titled the Osage Royale, Chuck crafts some of the finest bows available. He's a TG sponsor under the name of Black Rhino.

--------------------
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement.

"The next best thing to playing and winning is playing and losing."

"An archer doesn't have to be a bowhunter, but a bowhunter should be an archer."

Posts: 5876 | From: Rochester, IL | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©