INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Steven "memo" Dimitrakellis

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Chipawa Wedge Loc

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Chipawa Wedge Loc
tracker12
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 38129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tracker12   Email tracker12   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a guy that has one of the Original Chipawa Wedge Loc stands with 7 cables for $50.00. Seems like a good deal but the stand does not have the leveling option like the new ones. Thought?

--------------------
T ZZZZ

Posts: 1765 | From: Maryland | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
northern lights
Member # 21344

Icon 1 posted      Profile for northern lights   Email northern lights   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he was close to me it would be gone at that price.

--------------------
Now we're digging where the taters are.

Posts: 90 | From: central pa highlands | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KSdan
2017 Contributor
Member # 2687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KSdan   Email KSdan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great buy.

--------------------
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Posts: 2743 | From: Kansas | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KSdan
2017 Contributor
Member # 2687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KSdan   Email KSdan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can actually make your own leveler. I do on all my stands with ropes

--------------------
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Posts: 2743 | From: Kansas | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KAZ
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KAZ   Email KAZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would think you can't go wrong... The cables alone are worth that, if in good shape. That's a lot of stand and accessories for $50. High quality, great stands...
Posts: 766 | From: Iowa | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tracker12
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 38129

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tracker12   Email tracker12   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry Northern I guess I was not clear. Stand is already secured in my shed. Just looking for some feedback from wedge Loc owners.

--------------------
T ZZZZ

Posts: 1765 | From: Maryland | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tracker12
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 38129

Set the stand up today and am really impressed with the quality. It is one stout stand. Rock solid on the tree. I do need to get some replacement Rubber stops. I see they sell them on the Wedge Loc website.

--------------------
T ZZZZ

tracker12
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 38129

--------------------
T ZZZZ

Ghostman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ghostman   Email Ghostman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you sure the stand is a wedge-loc? I never seen a Chippewa that didn't have the leveling plate for the cables. There were a couple of knockoffs made over the years.

I almost bought that stand last Friday but it would have took a 4 hr round trip drive and toll at the 895 tunnel.

If it is an original Chippewa $50 was a steal!

Posts: 383 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tracker12
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 38129

Looks like a WL to me but who knows. Only ever seen them on-line. Either way based on how it looks and sets up it was a pretty darn good deal for $50. One of the Cables are definitely Wedge loc as it was still in the bag new.

--------------------
T ZZZZ

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©