3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Cade M. Cabrera

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Shopping for a new climber ... (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Shopping for a new climber ...
Tajue17
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tajue17   Email Tajue17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I currently use a LW hand climber,,,,, but the most comfortable stand I ever sat in that folds flat but it weighed 26lbs (steel version) was a Ole Man Multi vision with the leg rest on,, I could lay back with my feet stretched out and nap in that one..

--------------------
"Us vs Them"

Posts: 3172 | From: Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gvdocholiday
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14784

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gvdocholiday   Author's Homepage   Email gvdocholiday   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tajue17:
I currently use a LW hand climber,,,,, but the most comfortable stand I ever sat in that folds flat but it weighed 26lbs (steel version) was a Ole Man Multi vision with the leg rest on,, I could lay back with my feet stretched out and nap in that one..

That was my first ever climbing stand. It was heavy, but it's comfort, as you say, is un-rivaled even to this day. I killed many of deer out of it and the though of being uncomfortable never crossed my mind.

I still think the LW could be lightyears more comfortable if they'd just make the seat portion about 3" longer so that my lower back can get away from the tree a bit and allow more of my legs to be on the seat.

--------------------
"Live like you ain't afraid to die....don't be scared, just enjoy the ride."

Posts: 655 | From: Back home in Brethren, MI | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tajue17
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tajue17   Email Tajue17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I still have my ole man original version with the round cable ends,, remember trying to line those holes up for the pin? I also have the gorilla version which is close but didn't get the cigar,,,, ole man is back in business now I hear..

I agree about the LW seat too close to tree someone said it made you sit correct ergonomically and was good for your back I think it makes you lean forward with your upper chest and shoulders too much.,. seriously though why doesn't someone who works in a machine shop make a after market mod for that so the seat can be two more inches from tree? Then LW would be like Huh what's that!!!

--------------------
"Us vs Them"

Posts: 3172 | From: Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joel0711
Member # 46568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joel0711   Email joel0711   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since 1989---tree lounge----It is heavy,,
Comfort thru the roof---safety plus (cant remember the last time it slipped)---- Not too bad to haul with the hip belt arrangement. I have found a perfect way to get to point B without sweating like a bull-----go slower!! works every time

Posts: 24 | From: tennessee | Registered: Aug 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EWill
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4171

Icon 1 posted      Profile for EWill   Email EWill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lone wolf for me, I can sit it dark to dark. Not the most comfortable but very do-able.

--------------------
"It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy." Romans 9:16 (NIV)

I don't like to be high, low, left, or right.

Posts: 148 | From: Bartlesville, OK | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeerSpotter
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 10453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeerSpotter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
XX3 On the TreeWalker

Best climbing stand I ever had, stable and strong, goes up the tree in no time.

And really comfortable.

Carl

Posts: 1954 | From: St. Paul,MN | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
toddster
2017 Contributor
Member # 1722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for toddster   Email toddster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a new treewalker that will sale you, never been used.
Posts: 1309 | From: Decatur, illinois | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matt steed
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 11234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matt steed   Email matt steed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
100% treewalker for me. I got a lone wolf hand climber. I am 6'2" and 240 pounds. It is a little small for me. I like the Treewalker the best.
Posts: 247 | From: mississippi | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LookMomNoSights
2017 Contributor
Member # 22273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LookMomNoSights   Author's Homepage   Email LookMomNoSights   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Summit Viper.
Posts: 1076 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
not on the rug
Member # 46945

Icon 1 posted      Profile for not on the rug     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love my Summit Open Shot for bowhunting. Super light to pack in and out and very comfortable to sit in.
Posts: 19 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gen273
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 24602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gen273   Email Gen273   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am a TreeWalker fan too!!! They are very stable and comfortable stands. They grip a tree extremely well and that makes climbing with them easy. Also, the TreeWalker is not too heavy. And the TreeWalker is Made in USA (Tennessee).

One more thing, the front bar is removable for Bow Hunting, that makes the TreeWalker very versatile. I have the ProMag XL and I am very happy with it.

--------------------
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Posts: 3944 | From: KY | Registered: Aug 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
indianalongbowshooter
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2600

Icon 1 posted      Profile for indianalongbowshooter   Email indianalongbowshooter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally don't care for Lone Wolf, bought one at Cloverdale Nationals the new wider sit/climb when they 1st came out, hunted out of it 3-4 times and traded it for a long bow.. uncomfortable and when climbing my knees were rubbing the tree.. Summit may be a bit bulkier but they are light years ahead of lone wolf in comfort.. with a set of 3rd hand tree straps on my Summit Titan it locks on the tree and will not move and is easy to shoot recurve from if you practice from it.

--------------------
dean/indianalongbowshooter

Posts: 2992 | From: rockville,indiana | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trad_bowhunter1965
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trad_bowhunter1965   Email trad_bowhunter1965   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am not that experienced with a climbers tree stand but I took a lot of great advice from the experience bowhunter on Tradgang and got a Lonewolf climber .

--------------------
Pronghorn Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Member
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why
(Mark Twain)

Posts: 1674 | From: Northeastern CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gooserbat
2017 Contributor
Member # 10106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gooserbat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tree Walker.

--------------------
"Four fletch white feathers and 600 grains is a beautiful thing."

Posts: 768 | From: Illinios River, Oklahoma | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
marsh chicken
Member # 4352

Icon 1 posted      Profile for marsh chicken   Email marsh chicken   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had bought a Assault Lone Wolfe Hand Climber Combo then happened to try out a friends Tree Walker. The Lone Wolfe package is now for sale I loved the Tree Walker so much. Their customer service in my opinion is not good since I had no luck getting them to return a call after initial purchase but the climber is one of the best.
Posts: 54 | From: mississippi coast | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©