3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Charles Carnahan

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » This is a special place (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: This is a special place
MnFn
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MnFn   Email MnFn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A few weeks ago I placed a request to buy notice post in the "Hunting clothes, Packs, knives, footwear" Forum.

I was looking for some camo for a young man with special needs. Terry has some very serious issues. He will never be able to carry a real bow and arrow, but he thoroughly enjoys accompanying me out bowhunting, particularly when we are in a blind.

Anyway, I received a reply from Modr [Ray Reid]. He said "send me your address. I have some stuff he can have." Ray really out did himself. Here are a couple of photos of Terry. Judge for yourself what this meant to Terry.

-

-

I offered to pay Ray again for his generosity; he again refused to accept anything. [We'll see about that.]

I asked Ray's permission to post this and he agreed, mainly hoping it would encourage others to give joy to less fortunate people.

--------------------
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella" Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Posts: 1996 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jwilliam
Contributor 2017
Member # 5307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jwilliam   Email Jwilliam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You won't find a better group of people then the ones here on Tradgang. Well done Ray !!! [clapper] [Not Worthy]

--------------------
60" Zipper SXT 52@28"
62" Zipper Nitro 52@28"
62" Dwyer Dauntless 52@28"
60" Treadway Black Forest 52@28"
64" Treadway Black Forest 52@28"

Posts: 3304 | From: Erie, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome, ^5 Ray.
Posts: 11173 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TIM B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TIM B   Email TIM B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya awesome generosity ray and good on you for getting Terry involved
Posts: 487 | From: MO | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ozy clint
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ozy clint   Email ozy clint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup] [Not Worthy] [clapper]

--------------------
Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Posts: 2353 | From: in the hills south of Stanthorpe, Qld, Australia | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KyStickbow
2017 Contributor
Member # 23941

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KyStickbow   Email KyStickbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clapper] [clapper] [clapper]

--------------------
Aim small...Miss small!!

Posts: 2111 | From: Kentucky | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gator1
Contributor 2017
Member # 11196

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gator1   Email Gator1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic. 👍👍
Posts: 4778 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom
2017 Contributor
Member # 2405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom   Email Tom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats what life should be like-thank you Ray for showing the way.

--------------------
If you think you can or think you can't-you're right.

Posts: 3039 | From: Grottoes,Virginia, Shenandoah Valley | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
khperkins
Member # 46113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for khperkins   Email khperkins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clapper] [shaka] [archer2]

--------------------
Hoyt Pro Hunter 58" 40#

Posts: 11 | From: Maine | Registered: Mar 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chad Orde
SPONSOR
Member # 21806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Chad Orde   Author's Homepage   Email Chad Orde   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May the good Lord bless you all! Truelly a great family in a world that needs family so much. Way to go guys big hearts and big smiles go together!!

--------------------
-------------------------------------
Chad Orde
Drifter Traditional Archery
www.DrifterTraditionalArchery.com
Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor. Truman Capote

Posts: 784 | From: Northern Michigan | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chase perry
2017 Contributor
Member # 37806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chase perry   Email chase perry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That looks like a happy young man! Very nice stuff he received too; looks brand new! Generous of Mr. Reid to pay it forward. I suspect these photos will be sufficient compensation for the goods. Uncommon generosity seems common around Tradgang.

--------------------
Proverbs 28:1 "...the godly are as bold as lions."
Isaiah 40:31

BARK, n. The song of the dog. -Ambrose Bierce

Posts: 451 | From: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HOGLESS2
Contributor 2017
Member # 37446

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HOGLESS2   Email HOGLESS2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome job Ray.
Posts: 192 | From: oh Lake county | Registered: Nov 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jason Hansen
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19254

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jason Hansen   Email Jason Hansen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done Ray! That young man's smile...priceless! [clapper]

--------------------
“That land is a community is the basic concept of ecology, but that land is to be loved and respected is an extension of ethics.”
― Aldo Leopold

Posts: 340 | From: Howell, Michigan | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hawkeye
Contributor 2017
Member # 662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hawkeye   Email Hawkeye   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Terry's smile speaks volumes, and shows real joy from the kindness he was shown.

That was a terrific gesture, Ray. Thanks for the encouraging thought of the day!

Enjoy those beautiful "duds," Terry, and the outdoor adventures they will take you on with Gary's guidance.

--------------------
Daryl Harding
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." Jim Elliot

Traditional bowhunting is often a game of seconds... and inches!

Posts: 1820 | From: Central Illinois | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SAM E. STEPHENS
Contributor 2017
Member # 23228

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SAM E. STEPHENS   Email SAM E. STEPHENS   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greatness......

,,,Sam,,,

--------------------
HUNT OLD SCHOOL

Posts: 2468 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©