3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

John Deitterick

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Good luck NY bowhunters (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  19  20  21   
Author Topic: Good luck NY bowhunters
ronp
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7846

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ronp   Email ronp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck NY bowhunters! Early archery opened this morning in our Northern zone and our Southern zone opens Sunday, just in time for cooler weather. Hunt safe everybody. Please wear a harness when you're in your treestands, your family and friends need you safe! And post some pics of your hunts. [archer2]

--------------------
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB

Posts: 5502 | From: Parish, New York | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going out this afternoon but it's just to darn warm......high 80"s just don't
work for me. I get up North shortly to take the Bear T/D for a cruise. I'll get more serious around mid October. Good luck to all and be safe, Remember........pick a spot... [archer]

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15858 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kopper1013
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kopper1013   Email Kopper1013   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best of luck to all of you, be safe out there and let's keep this up to date as we do every year.

--------------------
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Posts: 1173 | From: New York | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stumpkiller
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stumpkiller   Email Stumpkiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you! Good luck to you as well.

I have seen more bucks this past few weeks than I have in many years. A couple VERY respectable.

These two were 1/4 mile down the road from my house.

-

Have seen a few six and smaller eights as well.

[ October 08, 2017, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Bowhunter4life ]

--------------------
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Posts: 4057 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bowguy67
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 45078

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bowguy67   Email Bowguy67   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I live seconds from Orange co and God willing, plan to be out. Great state to hunt. Best of luck to all
Posts: 81 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Jun 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frenchymanny
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8403

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Frenchymanny   Email Frenchymanny   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome!

Can't wait for my annual hunting weekend in NY!

F-Manny

--------------------
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Posts: 2834 | From: Montreal, Quebec | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kat
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 8939

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kat   Email kat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best of luck to all. Good looking buck Charlie.
Go get him.

--------------------
Ken Thornhill

Posts: 1800 | From: wilton, n.y. | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mint
2017 Contributor
Member # 5900

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mint   Email Mint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Plan on making the morning hunt on opening day on Long Island.

Be safe everyone! Wear you harness and be attached from the moment your feet leave the ground either with a lifeline or climbing belt and harness strap.

--------------------
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1598 | From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
3Feathers
Contributor 2016
Member # 22878

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 3Feathers   Email 3Feathers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going to hang up the bow this season ,shoulder still not right from the tree fall last bow season.Going to challenge the.45 colt revolver during gun season.Everybody be safe and stay hooked-up if treestand use.........Aim small....shoot straight. Good luck to all.

--------------------
HH Cheetah 66in. 48lb at 25in.
HH HalfBreed 66in. 57lb. at 27in.
HH Wesley Special 56lb. at 26in..
HH Big 5 64lb. at 28in.
HH Wesley Special 55lb. at 28in.
HH Redman 60lb. at 28in.
Simmmons sharks
2016 Legacys

Posts: 1542 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jldumas77
Member # 40500

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jldumas77   Email jldumas77   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am in the same position to hot today. Plan is to be out tomorrow after work.

--------------------
jldumas

Posts: 13 | From: New York | Registered: Dec 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drewsbow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for drewsbow   Email drewsbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good luck fellas

--------------------
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Posts: 6227 | From: Dansville N.Y. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
2nocks
Contributor 2016
Member # 38130

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 2nocks   Email 2nocks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck guys. I plan to be in NY in a few weeks for 4 days of hunting. hoping it cools down.
Posts: 386 | From: Massachusetts | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pointer
Contributor 2015
Member # 11915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pointer   Email Pointer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I usually do what Ron does...wait until mid October but this year my nephews are leaning on me hard to get out with them on the 1st

It's good to be a favorite uncle.. [Smile]

Posts: 960 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pointer
Contributor 2015
Member # 11915

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pointer   Email Pointer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Luck fellas...stay safe
Posts: 960 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
R. Combs
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2399

Icon 1 posted      Profile for R. Combs   Email R. Combs   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck everyone, I'm headed out in the morning.

Rick

Posts: 545 | From: Black River, NY | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 21 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  19  20  21   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©