3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Ben Holtz

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Good luck NY bowhunters (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Good luck NY bowhunters
swampbow2
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 38307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swampbow2   Email swampbow2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enjoyed watching a small doe with fawn for 20mins yesterday morning 15yds from my stand and then saw a big doe feeding our way. She didn't have any fawns and was donkey sized so when she got broadside at 23yds I let go.She only went 70yds or so and was done.Good start to the season.Light 45lb recurve(my wrist looks like my ankle again ),125 gr Stinger 2blade,Heritage 90 shaft, took lungs and broke off side shoulder.
Posts: 105 | From: batavia new york | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biggamefish
Contributor 2015
Member # 35618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biggamefish   Email Biggamefish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hunted last Sunday. After changing my stand because of the wind, I got winded!! Saw some turkeys and squirrels. Looks like it will be another warm one this weekend!

--------------------
“Respect nature and its ways, for it will teach you more than you know.” M.P.

Posts: 562 | From: NY | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kopper1013
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kopper1013   Email Kopper1013   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Marvin!

--------------------
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Posts: 1073 | From: New York | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drewsbow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for drewsbow   Email drewsbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrats Marvin [thumbsup]

--------------------
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Posts: 6153 | From: Dansville N.Y. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longrifle
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longrifle   Email longrifle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good job Marv, you slayer.

--------------------
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Posts: 735 | From: fillmore, in western N.Y. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vintage-bears
2017 Contributor
Member # 29551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vintage-bears   Author's Homepage   Email vintage-bears   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Drew!!

--------------------
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Posts: 2790 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wapiti Chaser
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wapiti Chaser   Author's Homepage   Email Wapiti Chaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hunted Saturday and Sunday only saw a doe and button buck Sunday afternoon but Saturday morning I tripped over something in the dark after untangling it from the grass I discovered it was a shed from a great ten pointer I haven't seen since last year early in October, really hoping to cross paths with him this year!

--------------------
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Posts: 2324 | From: Bergen NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wapiti Chaser
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wapiti Chaser   Author's Homepage   Email Wapiti Chaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hunted Saturday and Sunday only saw a doe and button buck Sunday afternoon but Saturday morning I tripped over something in the dark after untangling it from the grass I discovered it was a shed from a great ten pointer I haven't seen since last year early in October, really hoping to cross paths with him this year!

--------------------
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Posts: 2324 | From: Bergen NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nashoba
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nashoba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I shot this doe on 10/10 after hunting for a total of about 2 hours. I hadn't gone out previously because its been so hot and I just didn't feel that my shooting was up to par. I was also trying to get my 14 year old daughter out for the youth season.
The real adventure started after the shot - she ran back towards her bedding area which is a 50 foot deep ravine creek bottom. I had to call my neighbor to help me get her up and out of there.

https://imgur.com/a/3PlFw

Posts: 242 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
Contributor 2017
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Marv and Alex!

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 16924 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nashoba
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nashoba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry for the double post - just trying to figure out how to post the pictures the right way!

-
 -

Posts: 242 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stumpkiller
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stumpkiller   Email Stumpkiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good on you, Nashoba!

--------------------
Charlie P. ~~ _/)~~ A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 3 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 2 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Posts: 3887 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sockrsblur
Contributor 2017
Member # 35720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sockrsblur   Email Sockrsblur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice shooting Alex!!!
Congratulations Marvin

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
"Hunt Hard!" Uncle Bud
PBS Member

Posts: 2095 | From: NY | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swampbow2
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 38307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swampbow2   Email swampbow2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice shooting Nashoba,sorry about your tough drag. I had to drag mine about 3 feet total ; a tractor with a bucket is a wonderful thing.
Posts: 105 | From: batavia new york | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drewsbow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for drewsbow   Email drewsbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrats Alex

--------------------
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Posts: 6153 | From: Dansville N.Y. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©