3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Ben Holtz

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Good luck NY bowhunters (Page 6)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Good luck NY bowhunters
Kopper1013
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kopper1013   Email Kopper1013   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Alex nice one

--------------------
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Posts: 1073 | From: New York | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
huntryx
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for huntryx   Email huntryx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it ever going to cool down? Maybe early next week but it has been mostly hot when I have had the chance to hunt.

--------------------
NYB Life Member
Compton's Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2520 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nashoba
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nashoba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for letting me share my hunt.
Posts: 242 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mint
2017 Contributor
Member # 5900

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mint   Email Mint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good shooting guys!

--------------------
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1582 | From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
woodchucker
Contributor 2017
Member # 2822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woodchucker   Email woodchucker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Years ago, our season started the 15th... We usually went out opening day, just because! Lol But, we never really got SERIOUS untill Nov. IMO, the Oct 1st opener is a bad idea! It was just a bone, thrown out way, when they legalized the crossgun for the prime 2 weeks of bow seaon. I'd have prefered an extended late season myself. But, that's just me!

--------------------
There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Posts: 5539 | From: Dutchess Co. New York | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree woodchucker.........and we lost the weekend on the end with the Saturday gun opener. That was in prime time.

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15690 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longrifle
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longrifle   Email longrifle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So let me recap so far, Drew got first blood, Marv 2nd, now Alex 3rd, way to go WNY guys.

--------------------
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Posts: 735 | From: fillmore, in western N.Y. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longrifle
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longrifle   Email longrifle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alex love that snake skinned longbow

--------------------
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.

Posts: 735 | From: fillmore, in western N.Y. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nashoba
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12779

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nashoba     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Gerald that's one I made back around 2008 and haven't hunted with it since then. I've been using it at all the shoots this year because it's lighter than my other ones that I've made.
Posts: 242 | From: New York | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Biggamefish
Contributor 2015
Member # 35618

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Biggamefish   Email Biggamefish   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another sit with nothing in the books!! The turkeys were gobbeling like crazy though. I will try again tonight! Probably melt into the tree!

--------------------
“Respect nature and its ways, for it will teach you more than you know.” M.P.

Posts: 562 | From: NY | Registered: Jan 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
swampbow2
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 38307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for swampbow2   Email swampbow2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watched a medium sized doe for awhile this morning but that was all I saw even though I stayed on stand until 11am. MAN IT'S HOT ! Taking a break until it's less that 60 degrees.
Posts: 105 | From: batavia new york | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nashoba
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12779

I feel the same way Marvin, dying to go back out but
don't want to burn my spot out.

longrifle
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7971

Hunted with my 13 year old son tonight we saw 5, 2 were bucks but no shot. After they left he told me that was pretty neat , made me feel good knowing that to him just seeing deer close was fun.

--------------------

nashoba
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12779

Nice nothing more special than to spend quality time
with your kids .

Kopper1013
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kopper1013   Email Kopper1013   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saw my first deer of the year Saturday morning (3.5 days 1 deer [Confused] [scared] ) nice little 4 point would have tasted great but alas he stayed out at 40 yards, that's was 8:30am nothing for the rest of the day. However I'm starting to see a lot more buck sign, trees torn up and a few scrapes starting to be tended. Hopefully we'll catch a break in this weather soon can't walk 200yards before starting to sweat.

--------------------
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Posts: 1073 | From: New York | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©