3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » First season w/ recurve (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: First season w/ recurve
tcw
Member # 19893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tcw   Author's Homepage   Email tcw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi guys,

I've been lurking this forum on & off since 2009 when I was given a recurve. I was a new hunter and never got proficient to the point that I felt confident about shooting a deer. I switched to a compound for many years and worked on learning to become a better hunter and get closer to deer. I've killed 7 now with the compound and have the confidence to switch back to Trad.

I'm shooting quite well out to 20yds and am really enjoying the simplicity and feeling of sitting with my basic gear.

Wish me luck as I try to keep it together and harvest my 1st trad deer this year!

For those who care, I'm using a Ben Pearson Javelina in #50.

Posts: 60 | From: minneapolis, minnesota | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best of luck, hope you do well..
Posts: 11328 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sota
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 43088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sota   Email Sota   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck
Posts: 45 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Feb 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bvas
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 44555

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bvas   Email Bvas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hunted many years with wheels before I switched to 100% trad. Now with two seasons under my belt, there is no way I would switch back. The simplicity is addictive!!!
Good luck out there!!

--------------------
Some hunt to survive; some survive to hunt

Posts: 741 | From: Ohio | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friend
2017 Contributor
Member # 15967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friend   Email Friend   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The extraordinary experience awaits you.

Answer the bekonong call and may you enjoy a splendid harvest.

--------------------
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Posts: 6585 | From: Hanson, KY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
texbow2
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 10733

Icon 1 posted      Profile for texbow2   Email texbow2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good Luck!....aim low
Posts: 186 | From: georgetown, texas | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Warden609
Contributor 2017
Member # 9279

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Warden609   Author's Homepage   Email Warden609   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is an amazing accomplishment to kill a deer with a stickbow. Once you experience success, things will never be the same again with wheels. Happy hunting!
Posts: 2649 | From: Kentucky | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leinsg91
2017 Contributor
Member # 44126

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Leinsg91   Email Leinsg91   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck bud! don't get discouraged if you have a failure, every person on here has had their share just keep on trucking and you'll get it. There's no words for the feeling after you get your first deer with trad gear, all of that hard work, thousands of arrows flung and countless hours spent shooting all pay off in a big way.
Posts: 75 | From: Indiana | Registered: Oct 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11807 | From: Sonora, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scrub-buster
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scrub-buster   Email scrub-buster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck this season. Post some pictures of your success.

--------------------
AKA Osage Outlaw

Posts: 1308 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stumpkiller
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stumpkiller   Email Stumpkiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck!

Stay calm and hunt sharp.

--------------------
Charlie P. }}===]> A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 4 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 3 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Posts: 4021 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jonwilson
SPONSOR
Member # 39607

Icon 1 posted      Profile for jonwilson   Email jonwilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck! I'm right there with you. I've hunted for a compound for years. I got rid of it and am hunting with my longbow this year.

--------------------
Digital Marketing for the outdoor industry (web design, graphic design, search engine optimization, etc.):
www.gen273.com

Posts: 139 | From: Carthage, Mississippi | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D. Key
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D. Key   Email D. Key   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best of luck. Just pick a spot "LOW" and you will connect.

--------------------
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Posts: 2098 | From: Jasper, TX | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dbd870
Contributor 2016
Member # 39974

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dbd870   Email dbd870   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep - pick a spot; good hunting.

--------------------
A Grizzly and a SuperMag

Posts: 1010 | From: IN | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tcw
Member # 19893

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tcw   Author's Homepage   Email tcw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Many thanks everyone - I'm headed out again this week and hopeful for some opportunities to let one fly. I'm enjoying every second of it so far. The gratification of being accurate with these primitive bows is for sure addictive!

Best of luck to you all as well!

Posts: 60 | From: minneapolis, minnesota | Registered: Apr 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©