3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Ben Holtz

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » What The Heck Is An Arrow Canoe? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: What The Heck Is An Arrow Canoe?
Roger Norris
SPONSOR
Member # 601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger Norris   Author's Homepage   Email Roger Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a handy gadget that keeps your arrow in place, no matter how narrow your shelf, or how windy the treestand. You can get the at www.tradwoodsman.com

-

-

--------------------
"I think wolves would find me stringy, of high cholesterol, with an Irish whiskey aftertaste"
www.Tradwoodsman.com The Woodsman Skinner is the finest knife ever made"..John Wayne

Posts: 3970 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielB89
SPONSOR
Member # 37294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanielB89   Email DanielB89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
does it release when you draw?

--------------------
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor than to divide the spoil with the proud. ~ Proverbs 16:18-19

Hunter's Choice Bowstrings

Black Eagle Arrow Dealer

Posts: 2959 | From: Monroe, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stumpkiller
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 976

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stumpkiller   Email Stumpkiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Above plus: quietly?

--------------------
Charlie P. ~~ _/)~~ A.B.C.C.

Bear Kodiak & K. Hunter, D. Palmer Hunter, Ben Pearson Hunter, Wing Presentation II & 3 Red Wing Hunters (LH & 2 RH), Browning Explorer, Cobra II & Wasp, Martin/Howatt Dream Catcher, Root Warrior, Shakespeare Necedah.

Posts: 3887 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roger Norris
SPONSOR
Member # 601

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roger Norris   Author's Homepage   Email Roger Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not when you draw. But I messed with the angles so that it is super easy, even with cold fingers. You can affix it to the side of your bow with double sided tape, or whatever adhesive you prefer....or just leave it loose like I do.

Yes, it is dead silent.

I have messed with this idea for years, finally built them exactly the way I want them.

More information on www.tradwoodsman.com

--------------------
"I think wolves would find me stringy, of high cholesterol, with an Irish whiskey aftertaste"
www.Tradwoodsman.com The Woodsman Skinner is the finest knife ever made"..John Wayne

Posts: 3970 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete McMiller
Contributor 2013
Member # 23559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete McMiller   Email Pete McMiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice idea Roger. Priced right too.

--------------------
Pete

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE [mo 'lon la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Posts: 1342 | From: Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roger Norris
SPONSOR
Member # 601

Thanks Pete. Yessir, it's one of those simple solutions that doesn't need to cost an arm and a leg.

Thanks to all for the orders this morning!!!!

--------------------

double eagle
Member # 36265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for double eagle   Email double eagle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sure got me interested. Placed an order today too. I usually use a rubber band and paperclip, but like the look and color of the canoe. Priced right as I saw they are a package of 5.
Posts: 55 | From: Missouri | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too funny Roger I was going to post about this item two nights ago and ran out of time cuz I had to run out of town.

[biglaugh]

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30671 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ron LaClair
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron LaClair   Email Ron LaClair   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Over the years there have been various do-dads designed to hold the arrow on the bow, that looks like a real good one. [thumbsup]

--------------------
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.

Posts: 4985 | From: Potterville Michigan | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
woodchucker
Contributor 2017
Member # 2822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for woodchucker   Email woodchucker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gee Ron, I think with a little "arm twisting" you could have them "field tested" at Shrew Haven this season...

--------------------
There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Posts: 5542 | From: Dutchess Co. New York | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DannyBows
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 11762

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DannyBows   Email DannyBows   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just ordered some, exactly what I've been needing. I've got that sweet looking hatchet on my shortlist too. That would make a nice Christmas gift to myself.

--------------------
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves". ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Posts: 4149 | From: Sayreville, New Jersey | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ray Lyon
Charter Member - Contributor 2017
Member # 35

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ray Lyon   Email Ray Lyon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DannyBows:
Just ordered some, exactly what I've been needing. I've got that sweet looking hatchet on my shortlist too. That would make a nice Christmas gift to myself.

👍👍

--------------------
Shrewhaven Lodge co-chef

Posts: 4327 | From: Traverse City, MI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roger Norris
SPONSOR
Member # 601

All orders have shipped, thank you!

I wanted to get them out yesterday, but my day job kept me in Kentucky longer than I thought.

Thanks again!!

--------------------

BAK
Contributor 2017
Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BAK   Email BAK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry but if it doesn't release on the draw it wouldn't seem to have much value, at least not to me.

--------------------
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Posts: 1064 | From: NE Iowa | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roger Norris
SPONSOR
Member # 601

quote:
Originally posted by BAK:
Sorry but if it doesn't release on the draw it wouldn't seem to have much value, at least not to me.

I have never found "release on the draw" devices to be quiet enough. I shot this buck this afternoon. I had literally just sat in the stand and affixed the Arrow Canoe when he walked in.I was able to grab my bow off the hook, disconnect the Arrow Canoe, and send an arrow his way in one fluid motion. To each his own though. My Dad used to swear by a rubber grippy thing that was glued to his bow. It worked for him, I just didn't like it.

-

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©