3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Ben Holtz

CLICK HERE TO LEAP TO THE
2017 ST. JUDE AUCTION FORUMS

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » MO buck down (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: MO buck down
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Went to the stand I took the bobcat and a doe out of last year tonite. 10 minutes in a doe comes by at a dead run, I stand up for a bit tho I know it is way too early to be chased by a buck.

About another 10 minutes another doe walks in from the same direction, and noses around for acorns for a bit.

Then all is quiet til after sundown when I look down along the levee and a tank of a buck is coming around the corner. Heart rate skyrockets as I see he has a split G1 and an extra tine on the other side.

He works a scrape or two and my pulse gets down to around 200 or so. Now hes coming and.... he cuts across the field corner at about 30 yards , walking thru my only lane over there. Dang , he was sposed to cross right in front of me.....

I'm sitting where a timbered ditch comes off the levee and he heads up the ditch. I grunt, he looks and rakes some trees. He turns away and I am desperately thinking of something that will draw him back.

I remember E Donnel Thomas writing about rubbing his bow limb on a sapling to entice a mule deer. So what the heck, I rub the corner on my new bow's limb on a branch. Holy cow, he is coming back!! [Eek!]

But he cuts across the beans again, but this time a shade over 20 yards out, and stops right in my lane.

The arrow is away and he gives a short snort and rushes back to the levee brush line. I get down in a bit and scour the beans for my arrow, no dice. So I walk the way he went a few feet and a drop of blood! Then I look on down the way and the beans are covered in blood.

I back out and call bro John, he is coming home from work and comes down to help me.

Dark by now but good blood and easy tracking . The buck is down about 150 yards out. I don't know what he was doing when the arrow got there but the entry was 3-4 inches lower than the exit. Lucky I got a liver hit and maybe the back of one lung, there were bubbles in the blood and he had blood at his nose.

Praise the Lord! There he was!

-

-

-

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 11976 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cwilder
Contributor 2017
Member # 36482

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cwilder   Email Cwilder   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow he’s a brute. Congrats

--------------------
I love Bow Hunting

Posts: 890 | From: Maryland | Registered: Jun 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macbow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 338

Icon 1 posted      Profile for macbow   Email macbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fantastic deer Kenny.

--------------------
United Bowhunters of Mo
Comptons
PBS
NRA
VET
"A man shares his Buffalo". Ed Pitchkites

Posts: 3288 | From: Warsaw, Missouri | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TRT
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34744

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TRT   Email TRT   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's an awesome deer! Congratulations

--------------------
"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1 (ESV)

Posts: 112 | From: LA/Germany | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
glenbo
Contributor 2017
Member # 21544

Icon 1 posted      Profile for glenbo   Email glenbo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations Ken,he is a beauty!
Posts: 1267 | From: newburgh new york | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jwilliam
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 5307

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jwilliam   Email Jwilliam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great buck Kenny !!! Congrats

--------------------
60" Zipper SXT 52@28"
62" Zipper Nitro 52@28"
62" Dwyer Dauntless 52@28"
60" Treadway Black Forest 52@28"
64" Treadway Black Forest 52@28"

Posts: 3314 | From: Erie, Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rough Run
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 44566

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Rough Run   Email Rough Run   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great bruiser, there! Congratulations!
Posts: 336 | From: Kernersville, NC | Registered: Feb 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Walter Mauney
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2187

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Walter Mauney   Email Walter Mauney   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great!!!

--------------------
Yours truly,
Walter

Posts: 132 | From: Blairsville, GA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jayrod
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 17800

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jayrod   Author's Homepage   Email Jayrod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great buck Kenny Congrats to you!!

--------------------
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Associate member/ PBS

Posts: 3154 | From: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A.S.
SPONSOR
Member # 9316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A.S.   Email A.S.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[clapper]

--------------------
http://www.tenringstrings.com

custom flemish twist bowstrings

Posts: 4210 | From: Ruckersville, Va | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom
2017 Contributor
Member # 2405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom   Email Tom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great looking early buck and the bow looks good also. He looks to have a big body and good mass on the antlers, congrats.

--------------------
If you think you can or think you can't-you're right.

Posts: 3067 | From: Grottoes,Virginia, Shenandoah Valley | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TIM B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TIM B   Email TIM B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Attaboy Kenny!
Way to not give up and think outside the box
Tim B

Posts: 558 | From: MO | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frank bullitt
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frank bullitt   Email frank bullitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All aroumd, good, Kenny!
Posts: 2327 | From: mighty wabash river,in. | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tater
Contributor 2017
Member # 6195

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tater   Email Tater   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, that's a great buck!

--------------------
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Charter/Life Member
PBS Associate
Big Thompson Bowhunters
United Bowhunters of Illinois
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 3309 | From: Southern Illinois | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Huntrdfk
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Huntrdfk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great buck Kenny!!! And way to make it happen! Congrats.

David

--------------------
TGMM Family of The Bow
PBS Associate Member

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." George Orwell

Posts: 4774 | From: Somersworth, NH | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©