3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » ASAT "vanish" suit (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: ASAT "vanish" suit
Blackstick
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 8777

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blackstick   Email Blackstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where are ya all getting them at? I checked WalMart and didn't see any. :-)
Posts: 512 | From: NE Indiana | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trumpkin the Dwarf
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trumpkin the Dwarf   Email Trumpkin the Dwarf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Blackstick:
Where are ya all getting them at? I checked WalMart and didn't see any.

You're gonna have to order online I think, to get the true ASAT leafy suit. It's a small company out of Montana.

--------------------
Malachi C.

Toelke Whip 62" 55# @ 28" drawn to 32"

Posts: 1049 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
double eagle
Member # 36265

Icon 1 posted      Profile for double eagle   Email double eagle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got mine at Eders.com They price went up this year, but I wear mine every time I go out to hunt. The mesh can tear with briars, but are pretty durable. I found the best color under the 3D suit is brown or tan or even asat clothes. The lighter background makes the brown and black pattern stand out.
Posts: 58 | From: Missouri | Registered: May 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Recurve6
Member # 46795

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Recurve6   Email Recurve6   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took a bunch of pictures of my ASAT suit along with other leafy and ghillie suits in action... I wish I could figure out how to post a pic cause its clear which one works best - the ASAT lives up to the name - just lean up against something and disappear into it!

--------------------
Pat

Posts: 1 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cobie33
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 17285

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cobie33   Email Cobie33   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have been using one for 10 years for both whitetails and gobblers. It is unreal how well it works. I love that it is so light weight too.

--------------------
"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.”
Albert Pike

Posts: 175 | From: Iowa | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KeganM
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 40689

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KeganM   Author's Homepage   Email KeganM   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got mine. Had three doe catch me on the ground yesterday with a climber on my back. At thirty yards the big old doe looked right through me- I was just standing behind a tree otherwise out in the open.

With the fickle winds at my hunting spot I might finish my season on the ground and see how well this suit works.

Posts: 224 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dry Creek
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 9484

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dry Creek   Email Dry Creek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When ordering did you order your actual size or a size bigger to fit over bulky clothes?

Thanks
Craig

--------------------
58" Bear Super Grizzly 45@28
60" TallTines 44@28

Posts: 556 | From: Central Mississippi | Registered: Jun 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curlis
Contributor 2017
Member # 9765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curlis   Email curlis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ordered one two weeks ago. Still don't have it

--------------------
Pick a spot and concentrate!

Posts: 1045 | From: Monroe, Ohio | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RedShaft
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedShaft   Email RedShaft   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any of you have any luck this season with your suits?

--------------------
Respect All...Fear None!
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Posts: 1802 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tzolk
Contributor 2015
Member # 35255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tzolk   Email tzolk   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a suit but I haven't used it yet. I have been wearing the First Lite Asat wool though and wore it this morning. Asat pants and ASAT wool vest over my Asbell ESB pullover(see avatar) . I had a doe circle me all within 15 yards and under with no cover between us, just me sitting up against a tree at ground level. She looked at me as she came in closer when she circled but never smelled me. I could have shot her but she was maybe a year old, too small. I like ASAT!

--------------------
All the Best!
Todd Z

Posts: 812 | From: Sandpoint Idaho | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BAK
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1272

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BAK   Email BAK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And you best not be a big guy. I've looked all over the net and their own site. Nothing bigger than XL available.

--------------------
"May your blood trails be short and your drags all down hill."

Posts: 1089 | From: NE Iowa | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Bolin
Contributor 2014
Member # 401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Bolin   Email Mike Bolin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as the sizing, I am 6'1" and 250# and I have the suit in XL. I can wear over wool long-johns with wool pants and a wool pullover. My suit is sized pretty big, but I have had it for about 8 years and they may have changed their sizing.

--------------------
Black Widow PLIII 62", 49#@28"
Black Widow PLV 62", 50#@28"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
NRA Life Member

Posts: 3327 | From: West Terre Haute, Indiana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trumpkin the Dwarf
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 31043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trumpkin the Dwarf   Email Trumpkin the Dwarf   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by RedShaft:
Any of you have any luck this season with your suits?

Yep! Yesterday afternoon had a buck try to run right through my brush blind. He stood and stared at me while I slowly drew back and proceeded to give him the business.

--------------------
Malachi C.

Toelke Whip 62" 55# @ 28" drawn to 32"

Posts: 1049 | From: Austin, TX | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nineworlds9
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 37028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nineworlds9   Email nineworlds9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had a group of turkeys come in by my spot yesterday, just out of range or I would have nailed one. I was wearing my suit and sitting up near a fallen tree. I tried a half assed call to try and get their attention and bring them closer. They were too busy pecking around for food I guess but they totally ignored me, even when I said screw it and upped the volume on my idiocy hahaha. I don't think they had any idea I was there.

--------------------
54" Java Man Helms Deep
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
62" Cleland Stickbow
62" W&W Black Wolf + Uukha EX1's
70" HHA Black Mamba #46

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Posts: 7109 | From: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©