3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » 2017 Missouri buck added page 5....2017 Indiana buck (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: 2017 Missouri buck added page 5....2017 Indiana buck
Ryan Rothhaar
Charter
Member # 2652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan Rothhaar   Email Ryan Rothhaar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Killed this guy last nite down the road from the house. Hunting an inside edge of old grown over pasture on an old N to S running fenceline where it transitions to big timber. Setup is a big old multitrunk maple tree with primary trails crossing into thicket 15 yards and 25 yards south, 10 yards north, and right under it. Finally set this tree up last year after 19 years on the property [Smile] . They tell me I'm a slow learner....

The wind switched around from the nnw we have had to wsw as the front passed last nite and I figured it was just enough to get away with it as thicket is east and SE of the stand. Heard some general light deer noises starting around 6 pm, including rubbing etc SE of me in the thicket but didn't get excited figuring a young buck as an older one generally wouldn't fool around that long in one spot.

Heard a deer coming around 630 and got the glasses on him thru the brush and said "good enough!". He came right in to me and I had to wait several minutes with him less than 10 yards away while he browsed multiflora and made up his mind. When he committed to a trail and gave me a shot it was about 5 yards, steep angle, but made a good shot and he went about 50 yards and I saw him go down.

Probably a 4 1/2 yr old. 245 lbs live weight, longest tine 12 inches. Shot him with a 57lb 68 inch R/D longbow my buddy in MT built, a 2215 and a big Snuffer. Arrow was stuck in the ground where he was standing.

Best of luck, all!

R

-

-

We let Oskar "find" him for fun.... this pic shows body size...

-

Posts: 1224 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tom
2017 Contributor
Member # 2405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tom   Email Tom   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Ryan on another fine buck-also to Oskar for finding him for you.

--------------------
If you think you can or think you can't-you're right.

Posts: 3087 | From: Grottoes,Virginia, Shenandoah Valley | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Friend
2017 Contributor
Member # 15967

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Friend   Email Friend   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent harvest...Congrats!!!!!!

Ironically, just spoke to your father just before leaving the truck and heading to the field yesterday afternoon.

Nice harvest!!!

--------------------
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Posts: 6583 | From: Hanson, KY | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TIM B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TIM B   Email TIM B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Attaboy - nice buck!
Tim B

Posts: 625 | From: MO | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jayrod
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 17800

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jayrod   Author's Homepage   Email Jayrod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great buck ryan thxs for sharing!!

--------------------
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Associate member/ PBS

Posts: 3194 | From: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PennDude
Member # 40194

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PennDude   Email PennDude   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wowsers! That certainly is a mature buck. Well done!
Posts: 34 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nother nice one Ryan!! You are a machine bud!!

Coming to MO now? Things are about to get going good here!

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 12031 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
shick
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1088

Icon 1 posted      Profile for shick   Email shick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ryan, congratulations again. You on on your game, recurve or longbow. Good job.
Shick

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow
DAV

Posts: 1704 | From: Pa | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Ryan, Beautiful Buck. The best part of Mondays is reading all the success people had over the weekend.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17129 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dhaverstick
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4632

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dhaverstick   Author's Homepage   Email dhaverstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, Ryan! That is a fine deer! Glad you didn't need to break out the dog to find him.

Darren

Posts: 653 | From: Fair Grove, MO | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matt steed
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 11234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matt steed   Email matt steed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful buck sir. Way to go- congratulations
Posts: 230 | From: mississippi | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SC Bowhunter
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 13620

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SC Bowhunter   Email SC Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Beautiful buck Ryan!
Congrats!

--------------------
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
PBS Associate Member
Pope & Young General Member
BHA
NRA Life Member
NAHC Life Member

Posts: 265 | From: York, South Carolina | Registered: Sep 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Rothhaar
Charter
Member # 2652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan Rothhaar   Email Ryan Rothhaar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, Kenny - gotta work a few more days then off to my place in MO for a week or so. Finally got a good stand of feed in there after several failures - hard to "farm" when there is a drought 2 out of 3 years [Smile] . 2 acres of really nice clover now and an acre of oats. The memories of a couple tons of pell-lime in 40lb bags spread with a quad are fading...finally! Hopefully the feed'll keep the ladies happy and the boys'll show up!

R

Posts: 1224 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RedShaft
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4897

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RedShaft   Email RedShaft   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man Ryan you kill some great bucks every year. Always seem to be very close shots for you too!

What a stud congrats!

--------------------
Respect All...Fear None!
Rough Country.. The Hunters Choice

Posts: 1802 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trenton G.
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45397

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Trenton G.   Email Trenton G.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats! Nice buck!
Posts: 472 | From: Boyne City, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©