3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Dalton Lewis

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » 2017 Missouri buck added page 5....2017 Indiana buck (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: 2017 Missouri buck added page 5....2017 Indiana buck
Ron Roehrick
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2662

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ron Roehrick   Email Ron Roehrick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a dandy Ryan.
Posts: 845 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bear_hunter45
2017 Contributor
Member # 39514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bear_hunter45   Email Bear_hunter45   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats fellow Hoosier !!
Posts: 10 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twitchstick
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19043

Icon 1 posted      Profile for twitchstick   Email twitchstick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup] [thumbsup]
Posts: 3023 | From: utah | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scrub-buster
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19472

Icon 1 posted      Profile for scrub-buster   Email scrub-buster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a great Hoosier buck! Nice job.

--------------------
AKA Osage Outlaw

Posts: 1306 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
skychief
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9288

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skychief   Email skychief   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Ryan.

Would be tickled to see one like yours come through down here in Owen county. Nuthin but pickle-heads so far.

Thanks for sharing, Skychief.

Posts: 555 | From: indiana | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe ashton
Contributor 2013
Member # 11463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe ashton   Email joe ashton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that is a big deer!!!!

--------------------
Joe Ashton,D.C.
pronghorn long bow 54#
black widow long bow 55#
21 century long bow 55#
big horn recurve 58#

Posts: 4187 | From: colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryan Rothhaar
Charter
Member # 2652

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ryan Rothhaar   Email Ryan Rothhaar   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Killed this buck on my place in Missouri last week. Its special having it come together on your own land, for sure. The first few days were pretty wild with buck activity, they were really bird dogging trails looking for love.

This deal is a situation I set up on purpose....I put in a couple of 0.2 acre clover patches right on the inside edge of a heavy bedding area. Out of the back of one there was an old, old logging road in the timber, grown up so that you had to squint to see it. This I opened up a couple years back to give myself easier access to the bottoms to get deer out, do stand work etc, but since I was doing it anyway I checked the bottom of the ridge first to determine where I wanted to terminate the road. The buck traffic was envisioned to be cruising for does, up or down the ridge between the bottoms and the bedding area on top with the bedding area the main attraction, the clover serves to keep the ladies happy and staying at home more.

There just happened to be a major deer crossing in a good spot, this is in the first bench above the creek, and the property line cuts through there with an old fence. There also JUST happened to be a really nice oak for a stand there too. [Smile] kind of like it was planned that way.

I cleaned up the 200 or so yards of logging road, hinge cut along the edges and off to the sides to make more cover. I now spray the trail once a year with the quad (roundup/2,4D mixture) to keep it clean and pull the mower down it once in the summer....viola...deer highway! Its the easiest path thru an area they always traveled anyway. This entails A LOT of sweat equity just for one setup.

Stand access is from the east along the fence thru a deep draw with deer travel basically SW to NE. Hunted on NW, W or WSW wind its killer.

This guy followed the script and came off the neighbor's place, jumped the fence behind me, made a little detour to check another small crossing, then walked past me on the logging road at 7 yards. He made it just out of sight.

He's a 3 1/2 yr old, and it was a fun hunt.... don't confuse me with a trophy guy. I know too many of those, and I know some folks that own fantastic hunting ground and are always miserable because of worrying about trophy hunting in one way or the other, or what the neighbors are doing etc. Frankly, life's too short for that stress...."The right buck at the right time" is a much healthier outlook for me. [Wink] .

Same equipment as the big guy above, and once again the Snuffer was stuck in the ground on the other side.

Enjoy the rest of the season, folks, and best of luck

R

-

Posts: 1223 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
frank bullitt
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for frank bullitt   Email frank bullitt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool Ryan!

Agree, all about the Hunt!

Posts: 2340 | From: mighty wabash river,in. | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KAZ
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 23991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KAZ   Email KAZ   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Strong work, great outlook [thumbsup] Well done... [clapper]
Posts: 847 | From: Iowa | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kopper1013
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kopper1013   Email Kopper1013   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Outstanding season! Congratulations again sir

--------------------
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Posts: 1145 | From: New York | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
23feetupandhappy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 23feetupandhappy   Email 23feetupandhappy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great buck Ryan, Awsome when all your hard work comes together and pays off [clapper]

Love your Perspective [thumbsup]

--------------------
The Lord Is My Provider......

Posts: 1455 | From: Eastern Iowa | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great deer and planning!! [thumbsup] [clapper]

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 12020 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Barry Wensel
SPONSOR
Member # 1404

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Barry Wensel   Email Barry Wensel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Ryan. If more guys realized how much more fun and personal satisfaction a guy gets out of setting up a strategic situation we'd all kill more bucks. Good job, bw
Posts: 1096 | From: Lineville, Iowa | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quickblood
Contributor 2014
Member # 8209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quickblood   Email Quickblood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another congratulations in order! Great job Ryan.
Posts: 550 | From: Central PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Quickblood
Contributor 2014
Member # 8209

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Quickblood   Email Quickblood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another congratulations in order! Great job Ryan.
Posts: 550 | From: Central PA | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©