3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Dalton Lewis

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Grunt calls (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Grunt calls
Kyle Lancaster
Contributor 2016
Member # 1333

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kyle Lancaster   Email Kyle Lancaster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Curious responses. Next to my bow don't go in the woods without my Tru talker especially this time of year
Posts: 1410 | From: VA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm just curious... what does curious responses mean Kyle?

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30758 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kyle Lancaster
Contributor 2016
Member # 1333

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kyle Lancaster   Email Kyle Lancaster   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Terry
By curious I mean that more than a few have had negative responses

Take care Kyle

Posts: 1410 | From: VA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dave Lay
Contributor 2015
Member # 2369

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dave Lay   Email Dave Lay   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also mouth call, but only to try and pull a buck into range or like last week, call him back after he slipped by me. I've killed several bucks like that. I have a commercial tube but rarely use it .

--------------------
Compton traditional bowhunters
PBS regular
BHA member
Traditional bowhunters of Arkansas
I live to bowhunt!!!

Posts: 1719 | From: Russellville, Ar | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ahhhh....thanks Kyle.... [campfire]

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30758 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wooddamon1
Contributor 2016
Member # 26099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wooddamon1   Email wooddamon1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I misplaced my True Talker so I'm using an old one I found in my duffel. Actually had 2 does come in shortly after blowing a couple short notes, they got agitated by the estrous scent I hung out and circled me then left. Just at quitting time a little 5 or 6 came in too but followed the trail that splits off behind me.

Not sure if the call brought them in, but I think I'll keep trying when I'm in an area that I've spotted bucks in...

--------------------
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Posts: 4733 | From: Muskegon, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tajue17
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tajue17   Email Tajue17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a few and a couple nice custom grunts but my favorite is the extinguisher I set mine for the perfect tone I think sounds as realistic as possible and I taped it all up so the slide won't move...

I've taken many bucks mostly 6 pointers or less with that call and never spooked a deer with it,,,,, but how I use mine is I just blow a single very quick light volume grunt every 1/2hr or so just to let other deer know there's some deer over there and the deer if any do come in they never run right in usually if they are coming they take their time and walk over kind of casually looking around like calm deer do while browsing and eating they never seem on high alert.

--------------------
"Us vs Them"

Posts: 3149 | From: Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©