3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Talltines Pictures (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Talltines Pictures
matt0918
Member # 45676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matt0918   Email matt0918   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys, I know there have been talltines threads before but most of them were posted through photo bucket and none of those show up anymore. I'm having a hard time deciding what wood combos to go with on the stickflinger I'm having built, so if ya have one post them up! Thanks
Posts: 11 | From: indiana | Registered: Dec 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MnFn
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 15341

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MnFn   Email MnFn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a few but still have trouble with sizing of photos for posting. email your text number or email to me and I'll send what I have.

I think I can send you four different woods used on Tall Tines.

--------------------
"By the looks of his footprint he must be a big fella" Marge Gunderson (Fargo)

"Ain't no rock going to take my place". Luke 19:40

Posts: 2044 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mec lineman
2017 Contributor
Member # 29030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mec lineman   Email mec lineman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like the myrtle limbs on mine. Everyone is different, but u will say for me there is something very speacial about these bows. I have took the classified bookmark off of my home screen.

--------------------
"Pick a spot,now aim 6" lower!" Northern Mist Baraga , Kota Killum, Tall Tines Stickflinger ,Omega Imperial & Ten Ring strings

Posts: 656 | From: southern virginia | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David McLendon
Contributor 2017
Member # 17606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David McLendon   Email David McLendon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Photo Bucket has definitely made a mess of many forums, picture posting has always been a hassle here so I just don't do it anymore. However, Google images is your friend. Googling Tall Tines recurve and clicking images will bring up tons of photos with different wood combinations. Also google specific woods, like Macassar ebony bow for instance and your browser will be flooded with pics. I have a Macassar/myrtle TT recurve that shows up on google. Also have a set of Black Limba limbs that look really good so check out that wood too. Choices are many and Brian can get about anything that you like, happy wood hunting.

--------------------
Lefties are the only ones who hold the bow in the right hand, and my fletching is about as left-wing as I get.

Posts: 779 | From: Oak Ridge, NC | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve O
Contributor 2017
Member # 503

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve O   Email Steve O   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep. Iím looking forward to when Rob has the new software installed. I had Photobucket figured out well but I have no time or desire to figure out a new one. Iíve got lots of TT pics. One of the absolute best bows ever made.
Posts: 6185 | From: Michigan | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexander Traditional
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 35858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alexander Traditional   Email Alexander Traditional   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pages 3,4,and 5 have some threads,and pictures. Pdk25 on page 5 has some good pictures. I think his name is Pat he has quite a few of them.
Posts: 2399 | From: TX | Registered: Feb 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matt0918
Member # 45676

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matt0918   Email matt0918   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah I have all of pdk25 and dirtybirds pictures saved to my phone, there's just so many others on here that photo bucket has messed up!
Posts: 11 | From: indiana | Registered: Dec 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matt0918
Member # 45676

MnFn,Steve O,or anyone else that wants to send pictures to my phone or email that arnt able to post on here I'd appreciate it. 812-319-3952. mtfougnies@hotmail.com
Mike Vines
Contributor 2015
Member # 7379

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Vines   Email Mike Vines   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steve O:
Yep. Iím looking forward to when Rob has the new software installed. I had Photobucket figured out well but I have no time or desire to figure out a new one. Iíve got lots of TT pics. One of the absolute best bows ever made.

ExactlY!!!!! X2

--------------------
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Posts: 5342 | From: Michigan | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
1/4 away
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 141

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 1/4 away   Email 1/4 away   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Matt, Sent you an email.....Fred

--------------------
Do not follow where the path may lead. Go, instead, where there is no path and leave a trail.

Posts: 3901 | From: New York | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TradBrewSC
2017 Contributor
Member # 37182

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TradBrewSC   Email TradBrewSC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
 -
 -

I currently have two TT's in the stable.

The stickflinger is Macassar riser with myrtle stripe and veneers. Has antler overlay and tips as well.

My recurve is a 60" long riser model with Brian's latest limb design. This bow is my baby! Myrtle riser with zircote flare and Myrtle limbs.

Both bows have checkered grips, which I feel is a must as Brian does an excellent job.

Posts: 915 | From: Columbia, SC | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guss
Contributor 2017
Member # 8991

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guss   Email Guss   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice...!!
Posts: 2269 | From: Batesville, Arkansas | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matt0918
Member # 45676

quote:
Originally posted by Guss:
Nice...!!

X2!! I have a recurve with brians new limb design and that thing flat out hammers! I will definitely be getting it checkered, I love it on the recurve
David McLendon
Contributor 2017
Member # 17606

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David McLendon   Email David McLendon   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm getting ready to order another set of limbs for my recurve, what is the difference between the old and new design?

--------------------
Lefties are the only ones who hold the bow in the right hand, and my fletching is about as left-wing as I get.

Posts: 779 | From: Oak Ridge, NC | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matt0918
Member # 45676

quote:
Originally posted by David McLendon:
I'm getting ready to order another set of limbs for my recurve, what is the difference between the old and new design?

I asked brian what the difference was also before I ordered mine in January, he said the new design is smoother and faster. Iv never shot the old design but I can tell you mine is 62" 51@28 and my draw is a little over 31" with a clicker and it's great all the way back. It's tons better drawing than the kodiak takedown I had. before
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©