3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Dalton Lewis

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Professional Bowhunters Society Auction? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Professional Bowhunters Society Auction?
Graps
Contributor 2017
Member # 39874

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Graps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please excuse my ignorance, but what are they raising money for?
I support good causes like St.Jude.
But I can't seem to find any information about this auction?
Please understand, I'm not being critical, I am curious and if it's for a cause I believe in, I'll jump right in.
There just might be someone else that doesn't know, and whoever can explain it, you could be helping several people to understand.
Thanks for answering this; Graps

--------------------
"Nothing clears a troubled mind like shooting a bow. " Fred Bear
Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows. Matthew 10:31

}}}}}=========€ >

Posts: 2254 | From: Sparta , Michigan | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tecum-tha
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 5759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tecum-tha   Email tecum-tha   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The PBS main income is the fundraisers at the biannual gatherings. The gatherings are in even number years like 2014, 2016, 2018 etc.
This auction is aimed at raising funds for the PBS in odd numbered years and is a first trial this year.

Posts: 881 | From: Boonville,Indiana | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For more than 50 years, the Professional Bowhunters Society has been at the forefront in the perpetuation of bowhunting. No other single organization has contributed as much in time, effort, and resources in defending bowhunters and bowhunting. Therefore, TradGang is Honored to host this auction on their behalf.

The money goes to the organization for further investment into our lifestyle.

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 30758 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graps
Contributor 2017
Member # 39874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks Terry, that is the answer I was looking for .
I did not know that.
Sounds like a good cause.

--------------------

}}}}}=========€ >

Posts: 2254 | From: Sparta , Michigan | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matt schuster
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 321

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matt schuster   Email matt schuster       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Graps, and anyone else interested - PBS puts out a very nice magazine, as well as having a Biennual Gathering that is incredibly fun. If you want more info, you can visit our website professionalbowhunters.org and if you would like to see our magazine, I get a copy to proofread via email and will be happy to email one to anyone who wants to check it out. Just let me know your email. I believe mine is on our website or you can contact me through here. I hunt a lot so if it doesn't happen fast, I am in the woods.
Posts: 507 | From: atlanta,ga | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Stewart
Contributor 2015
Member # 12017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Stewart   Email Jon Stewart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been shooting a bow for 60 years and never heard of them until I read about them on here.
Posts: 2909 | From: Norton Shores, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Whip
Contributor 2015
Member # 113

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Whip   Email Whip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've just been browsing some of the listings - there's a pile of great stuff over there!

Bidding is open to all, correct? Members and non - members alike?

But of course we'd love to have everyone that is not currently member to consider joining!

--------------------
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Posts: 10429 | From: Lake Mills, WI | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
stagetek
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 12185

Icon 1 posted      Profile for stagetek   Email stagetek   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great answer Terry. Spot on !
Posts: 1413 | From: Pewaukee, WI. | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When does the bidding start.........???

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15788 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CDorton
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 40969

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CDorton   Email CDorton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was wondering the same [dunno]
Posts: 109 | From: Athens, Ohio | Registered: Feb 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Graps
Contributor 2017
Member # 39874

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Graps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me too, can't find the open bidding threads.
Just the listing thread. ? [dunno]

--------------------

}}}}}=========€ >

ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ttt [dunno]

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15788 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pete McMiller
Contributor 2013
Member # 23559

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pete McMiller   Email Pete McMiller   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TT

--------------------
Pete

Charter member - Ye Old F.A.R.T.S and Elkaholics Anonymous

MOLON LABE [mo 'lon la 've]

"That human optimism & goodness that we put our faith in, is in no more danger than the stars in the jaws of the clouds." ............Victor Hugo

Posts: 1353 | From: Fort Atkinson, Wisconsin | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sleepyhollow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 58

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sleepyhollow   Email sleepyhollow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TTT
Posts: 2679 | From: new york | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean B
Contributor 2017
Member # 22257

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sean B   Email Sean B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure that there was some sort of glitch that will get sorted out.

--------------------
Sean
PBS Regular Member
Comptons
NY Bowhunters Association
BW KB X
Schafer Silvertip

Posts: 3568 | From: Dutchess Co. New York | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©