INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Got it done

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Got it done
Mark Colangelo
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 45681

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mark Colangelo   Email Mark Colangelo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well this is my first season of trad only, and after passing a lot of easy training wheel shots and waiting for the right moment, I got it done. Unfortunately, I think I may have found a drawback of using a fixed crawl method for aiming in the process. I had a deer come in behind my stand and was following it as it walked, knowing it would pass into a lane at 15 yds quartering away. I drew as it passed the last bit of heavy brush, held my spot, and released. Heard a strange loud crack instead of a thud, and realized there was a finger width branch hanging in the middle of my "lane". Found out the hard way that when I aim with this method, it causes small branches to blur into obscurity and I never saw it. The arrow impacted further back then I wanted, but we put a good track job and found him. Im still amazed the arrow still had that much umph to penetrate enough to kill. Not how I wanted, but I got my first, and it was amazing. Going trad was the right call, can't imagine going back!

--------------------
Mark C.

Bear Super Kodiak LH 50# @ 28
BHA NWTF DU RMEF
SSgt, USAF Active Duty

Posts: 114 | From: Nebraska | Registered: Dec 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug Treat
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2365

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Doug Treat   Email Doug Treat   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice! Well done. Do you have a picture?
Posts: 495 | From: Redding, Ca | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TIM B
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 34411

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TIM B   Email TIM B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Attaboy!
Looking forward to the pics
Tim B

Posts: 625 | From: MO | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats on your first!

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17129 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Roy from Pa
Contributor 2017
Member # 10602

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Roy from Pa   Email Roy from Pa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats..
Posts: 11328 | From: PA | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kopper1013
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 41502

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kopper1013   Email Kopper1013   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations

--------------------
Primitive archery gives yourself the maximum challenge while giving the animal the maximum chance to escape- G. Fred Asbell

Posts: 1153 | From: New York | Registered: Apr 2014  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevsuperg
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kevsuperg   Email kevsuperg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yea brother. Nice job, pure adrenaline. I'm seriously considering trad only for the rest of my hunting years.
It's really the only hunting I truly enjoy .
Guns just don't trip my trigger anymore, so to speak.

--------------------
USAF Medic 1982-1992
BHA, RMEF

Posts: 915 | From: Spirit lake, Idaho | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
drewsbow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for drewsbow   Email drewsbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrats

--------------------
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Posts: 6204 | From: Dansville N.Y. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRM_95
Contributor 2017
Member # 38163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CRM_95   Email CRM_95   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats!!
Posts: 634 | From: East TX | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bisch
Contributor 2017
Member # 17432

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bisch   Email Bisch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad it worked out for you!

Congrats on your first!

Bisch

--------------------
Traditional Bowhunters of Texas Life Member
Lone Star Bowhunters Assn Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 11807 | From: Sonora, Texas | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©