INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Manolito Munoz

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Toelke Pika

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Toelke Pika
RIng
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RIng   Email RIng   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am very selective on the bows I shoot . I have owned and or shot almost all the top bowers bows . I bought a 56" TD Pika from Dans' stock bow list . 40# at 28" and I pule 28" . The more I shoot this bow the more I like it . I have been shooting the last 2 days with a young man who I seat up with a long bow . I am enjoying this bow a lot . The workmanship and forgiveness of this bow is fantastic . After 2 week of shooting the bow I am very happy with it and it is my go too bow . thank you Dan
Posts: 385 | From: Petersburg N.Y. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
threeundr
Contributor 2016
Member # 12940

Icon 1 posted      Profile for threeundr   Email threeundr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can't go wrong with one of Dan's bows. They are all top notch in my opinion.

-Leonard-

--------------------
-Leonard-

Posts: 975 | From: Whitehouse, Tx. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nineworlds9
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 37028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nineworlds9   Email nineworlds9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pika is one of the top hunting bows currently available IMHO. Can't beat Dan's short wait time.

--------------------
54" Java Man Helms Deep
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
62" Cleland Stickbow
62" W&W Black Wolf + Uukha EX1's
70" HHA Black Mamba #46

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Posts: 7111 | From: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mikolay87
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 43460

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mikolay87   Email mikolay87   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The pika is my go to and favorite bow I own

--------------------
58" Toelke Chinook 50@28
56" Toelke Lynx Recurve 50,46,54@27
54" Toelke Pika 52@28
64" Toelke Lynx Longbow 38,47,51@27
56" Big Jim Thunderchild 46@27
56" Toelke Pika 51@29
60" Habu Vyperkahn 53@29

Posts: 172 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elkchaser
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3860

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Elkchaser   Email Elkchaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nineworlds9:
Pika is one of the top hunting bows currently available IMHO. Can't beat Dan's short wait time.

X2. [thumbsup]

--------------------
No matter where you go; There you are.......

Toelke Lynx RC 58", 51# @ 28"
Toelke Pika TD 56", 51# @ 28"

Posts: 1547 | From: Billings, Montana | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
chase perry
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 37806

Icon 1 posted      Profile for chase perry   Email chase perry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good news! I bought my daughter and a friend’s son Dan’s last two right-handed tadpoles for Christmas. I spent some time visiting with Dan on the phone about what I shoot, and had ordered a Pika prior to hanging up. Can’t wait to get this bow in hand! Texas Ebony riser and Myrtle Veneers; should be pretty. Glad you’re enjoying your bow.

Take care, Chase

--------------------
Proverbs 28:1 "...the godly are as bold as lions."
Isaiah 40:31

BARK, n. The song of the dog. -Ambrose Bierce

Posts: 462 | From: Fredericksburg, Texas | Registered: Jan 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the rifleman
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 31319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the rifleman   Email the rifleman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just got a 56" PIKA. Its 36# at my draw length. As others have said it handles like a 62" bow. It is fast and just as quiet as my two Whips. This is my third Toelke. Great bows and Dan is a great guy who goes well above and beyond! Cant wait for the 3D shoots!!
Posts: 521 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
longrifle
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 7971

Icon 1 posted      Profile for longrifle   Email longrifle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a used but new to me Pika coming my way, they almost look like a toy but , are pure killing machines.

--------------------
The human body is the only machine the harder you work it, the stronger it gets.
"Aim small- Hit small" ( I never think negative)

Posts: 750 | From: fillmore, in western N.Y. | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the rifleman
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 31319

Icon 1 posted      Profile for the rifleman   Email the rifleman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ring, just curious what arrows, spine, point weight , and length tune for you out of your 40#PIKA.
Longrifle, you're gonna really like your new bow!

Posts: 521 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
snakebit40
Contributor 2015
Member # 25584

Icon 1 posted      Profile for snakebit40   Email snakebit40   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got a Pika back in August and love it! Great little bows. Mine is 56" 54@28 and I draw 28".

--------------------
Jon Richards

Isaiah 6:8 Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?”
And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”.
>>>>------------>
Schafer Silvertip 54@28
Toelke Pika 54@28

Posts: 1909 | From: Colby, Kansas | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RIng
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 19467

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RIng   Email RIng   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am shooting GT blems 1535 ( 600 ) 28 1/2 " light insert and 125 gr. point .I think they are about 400 gr. I don't like a lot of arrow out past my hand . 500 would have to be longer and have heave points and inserts .
Posts: 385 | From: Petersburg N.Y. | Registered: Feb 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
the rifleman
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 31319

I got full length cx predator iis in 800 spine with 100 grains up front to tune beautifully with my Pika. These are for 3d. Beman mfx 600s w 200 up front tune well for hunting. Thanks for the info!

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©