3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

John Deitterick

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » tree saddle? (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: tree saddle?
DanielB89
SPONSOR
Member # 37294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanielB89   Email DanielB89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anyone hunt from a tree saddle?

curious as to how they would work with a trad bow.

--------------------
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor than to divide the spoil with the proud. ~ Proverbs 16:18-19

Hunter's Choice Bowstrings

Black Eagle Arrow Dealer

Posts: 3018 | From: Monroe, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tradesmen4
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 5049

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tradesmen4   Email Tradesmen4   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hunt with guido's web. and it's not a problem

--------------------
greg ketchum

Posts: 232 | From: Brunswick, Maine | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JMR
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JMR   Email JMR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's funny, I was just watching YouTube videos about this and wondering the same thing.
Posts: 558 | From: Morley, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Basinboy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 19754

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Basinboy   Email Basinboy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I ordered a saddle and Iím going to give it an honest try.

--------------------
Palmer Longbow 47#@26" 62" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 52@26" 58" amo
Zona T/D Recurve 46#@26" 60" amo

Posts: 1283 | From: South Louisiana | Registered: Mar 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kevsuperg
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18246

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kevsuperg   Email kevsuperg   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want a quidos better hurry. He's retiring.

--------------------
USAF Medic 1982-1992
BHA, RMEF

Posts: 929 | From: Spirit lake, Idaho | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasper2
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 23011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jasper2   Email Jasper2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saddle hunt with my short longbows and it's no problem. There are a few adjustments that can be made with certain saddles to prevent your string from contacting your bridge/rope on certain shot angles.

The used market is starting to open up on the old trophyline saddles since New Tribe has released the Aero Hunter Kestrel. Expect prices to drop drastically.

--------------------
Take care,
Jason

56" Centaur Chimera 50#@27"

Posts: 296 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SuperK
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 12809

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SuperK   Email SuperK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Several years ago I had a tree saddle. I have never felt safer in a tree. It does take some practice getting use to it and shooting out of it. Practice with it during the off season before you go hunting. I wish they still made them.

--------------------
They exchanged the truth of GOD for a lie,and worshiped and served created things rather than the Creator-who is forever praised.Amen Romans 1:25 NIV

Posts: 1434 | From: Eastern North Carolina | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KSdan
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2687

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KSdan   Email KSdan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent piece of equip. Absolutely conducive to trad. There is a learning curve, but well worth it. google and youtube- lots of modifications that make it even easier to use.

Dan in KS

--------------------
If we're not supposed to eat animals ... how come they're made out of meat? ~anon

Bears can attack people- although fewer people have been killed by bears than in all WWI and WWII combined.

Posts: 2812 | From: Kansas | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pavan
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 21538

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pavan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We made some years back that were adjustable and would spike in with body weight. I was a monkey in those days and could climb a pole with a piece of rope in a grip loop. It all depends on the tree for how much fun the sit would be and how practical a shot would be from it.

--------------------
Pavan

Posts: 5901 | From: Iowa | Registered: Oct 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fujimo
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17720

Icon 1 posted      Profile for fujimo   Email fujimo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i built my own setup- and it works really well- lot cheaper than buying the full rig- but i think the saddles are good bang for your buck- if you have the buck that is
Posts: 3230 | From: Queen Charlotte Islands, B.C. Canada | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasper2
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 23011

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jasper2   Email Jasper2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A different company is making one now. Check out New Tribe climbing gear's Aero Hunter Kestrel. It is far superior to the original Trophyline tree saddles in my opinion. Made by an outfit that knows this kind of gear and designed by hunters.

--------------------
Take care,
Jason

Posts: 296 | From: Indiana | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nineworlds9
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 37028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nineworlds9   Email nineworlds9   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That Kestrel rig looks badass! I've been hunting on the ground with an ASAT suit but this thing looks neato.

--------------------
54" Java Man Helms Deep
62" Tall Tines Stickflinger
62" Cleland Stickbow
62" W&W Black Wolf + Max5's

Horse Creek TAC, GA
TBOF

Posts: 7124 | From: Tallahassee, Florida | Registered: Sep 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jasper2
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 23011

Yes it is Chuck. I've hunted out of the Trophyline Ambush saddle, The Aero Hunter Evolution (which was New tribe's first shot at the hunting saddle market), and the Kestrel. Still have them all but the Kestrel is as close to perfect as I've seen and is really well thought out. Check out saddlehunter.com for more information than you will ever need.

--------------------
Take care,
Jason

DanielB89
SPONSOR
Member # 37294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanielB89   Email DanielB89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing holding me back is the 6 week wait time. I can't do that atm. in 6 weeks, our season will pretty much be over.

--------------------
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor than to divide the spoil with the proud. ~ Proverbs 16:18-19

Hunter's Choice Bowstrings

Black Eagle Arrow Dealer

Posts: 3018 | From: Monroe, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ARCHER2
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 11150

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ARCHER2   Email ARCHER2   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get it buddy. We'll have a new season next year. [thumbsup]

--------------------
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength:they shall mount up with wings as eagles:they shall run and not be weary:and they shall walk and not faint......Isaiah 40;31

"TGMM Family of the Bow"

Posts: 1706 | From: Bastrop, Louisiana | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©