3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

John Deitterick

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Paul Schaffer Book????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Paul Schaffer Book????
D. Key
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D. Key   Email D. Key   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Has the book mentioned a couple of years ago ever been published? I haven't heard anything in a while and wanted to make sure I didn't miss something. Thanks.

--------------------
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Posts: 2100 | From: Jasper, TX | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sant-Ravenhill
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 9042

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sant-Ravenhill   Email Sant-Ravenhill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have heard over the years that (Silvertip Bows) Dave Windauer's father has been writing a book and that it is getting close to being finished. But that has been the news for several years now.

I had always hoped that the Wensel brothers would have written one, but they say for personal reasons they prefer not to.

I keep hoping it will be soon since, and it's hard to believe, Paul has been gone 24 years now.

Posts: 429 | From: Montana | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
D. Key
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3106

Icon 1 posted      Profile for D. Key   Email D. Key   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back shortly after Paul passed, I believe one of the Wensel's wrote some stories about Paul and I printed it off but lost it over the years. Sure would like to have the book. Paul was almost super human and a true testament to Traditional Bowhunting. From stalking a leg shot Pronghorn for 40 miles in 2 days, to sliding down a shale mountain to grab a Bighorn just before it plummeted off a cliff, to shooting a lion that was mauling a PH in Africa, his adventures were captivating.

--------------------
"Pick-A-Spot"

Doug Key

Posts: 2100 | From: Jasper, TX | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mike Bolin
Contributor 2014
Member # 401

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mike Bolin   Email Mike Bolin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wenselís website, Brothers of the Bow has some good article about Paul. I think the Silvertip website does too.

--------------------
Black Widow PLIII 62", 49#@28"
Black Widow PLV 62", 50#@28"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
NRA Life Member

Posts: 3332 | From: West Terre Haute, Indiana | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nek4me
Contributor 2017
Member # 44724

Icon 1 posted      Profile for nek4me   Email nek4me   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doug,
There are some Wensel stories about Paul Shafer on the Legends Forum. Could those be the ones you are referring to?

Posts: 245 | From: MA and Northeast VT | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©