3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Shan G. Mandrayar

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Pronghorn Longbow thoughts (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Pronghorn Longbow thoughts
matt steed
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 11234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matt steed   Email matt steed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a 64 inch 52@30. Red Elm limbs Shedua riser. Brown glass  -  -  -  -

Mr. Herbs favorite limb core is red elm.
They shoot really good. We are lucky to have so many wonderful Bowyers today.

Posts: 247 | From: mississippi | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never shot one but always liked the looks of them, I'll try one sooner or later......like I need another bow. [dunno]

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15963 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matt steed
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 11234

Icon 1 posted      Profile for matt steed   Email matt steed   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

I am posting this picture for Steve Carpenter from Indiana. This is his three piece Pronghorn takedown. All Bocote Longbow.

Talking about natural camo; this is it.

Posts: 247 | From: mississippi | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Jr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 13169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Jr   Email Steve Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks for posting the picture Matt. It's Herb's short handle with his 60" limbs but makes a 58" bow on the short handle. 49# @ 26" it shoots great like all of Herb's Bows. Has to be my favorite bow! I just ordered a one pc to match it. Herb is a very personable Man and easy to work with. Can't go wrong with a Pronghorn!

--------------------
Steve Jr

3 PC Pronghorn 58"-#49-@26"
Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Longbow Association

Posts: 2227 | From: Griffith, Indiana | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PastorSteveHill
Contributor 2018
Member # 12323

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PastorSteveHill   Email PastorSteveHill   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the best 3 pcs. bows made!!!!

--------------------
Blessings,
Steve

Posts: 2692 | From: Shreveport LA | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tajue17
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 1894

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tajue17   Email Tajue17   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
agreed,,, one of the best 3 pieces I personally shot! I wont say if it was faster or quieter but I know after I shot it I really wanted one....accuracy was dead nuts for me..

I remember 25yrs ago in TBM nearly 1/2 the success photos used pronghorns..

--------------------
"Us vs Them"

Posts: 3181 | From: Plymouth Rock, Massachusetts | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe ashton
Contributor 2013
Member # 11463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe ashton   Email joe ashton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a 3 piece that I bought three years ago at the Colorado Bow hunters. Jamboree.
It is a great bow. Quiet, quick and beautiful.
The first season I hunted with it I shot a mule deer, and two white tail. The second season I got a coyote and another 2 white tail.. And the third season another white tail.
yup, I like my pronghorn. 62" and 54#
This past season I hunted with my Black widow but have put it away and have been shooting the pronghorn since the season closed

--------------------
Joe Ashton,D.C.
pronghorn long bow 54#
black widow long bow 55#
21 century long bow 55#
big horn recurve 58#

Posts: 4265 | From: colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DannyBows
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 11762

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DannyBows   Email DannyBows   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love my Pronghorn!

--------------------
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves". ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Posts: 4164 | From: Northeast Ohio | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MCNSC
Contributor 2017
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MCNSC   Author's Homepage   Email MCNSC   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a 3 peice for a while, don't remember why I sold it , but have often wished I hadn't. One of the only bows I have let go that I keep wanting another.

--------------------
"What was big was not the trout, but the chance. What was full was not my creel, but my memory"
Aldo Leopold

"It hasn't worked right since I fixed it" My friend Ken talking about his lawn mower

Posts: 1743 | From: SC | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WESTBROOK
Contributor 2017
Member # 8854

Icon 1 posted      Profile for WESTBROOK   Email WESTBROOK   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One of the hardest bows to find in the classifieds...that's sayin' somthin'!
Posts: 3666 | From: Manton Michigan | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mec lineman
2017 Contributor
Member # 29030

Icon 1 posted      Profile for mec lineman   Email mec lineman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The footed shaft has a gorgeous 60 lb at a great price. Your right hardly see any come up

--------------------
"Pick a spot,now aim 6" lower!" Kota Killum, Tall Tines Stickflinger ,Omega Imperial & Ten Ring strings

Posts: 710 | From: southern virginia | Registered: Jan 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sapper1980
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 46784

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sapper1980   Email Sapper1980   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have any experience with his Recurves?

--------------------
Mike Lombard

Posts: 28 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Nov 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
yleecoyote23
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 6956

Icon 1 posted      Profile for yleecoyote23   Email yleecoyote23   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I love my 3-pc takedown!!! It is extremely forgiving and sends the arrow right where I'm lookin.....can't ask for anymore than that!

--------------------
In the beautiful Davis Mountains and lovin' every minute - Danny

Posts: 1245 | From: Fort Davis, TX | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nala
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6510

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Nala   Email Nala   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always liked the looks of them and wanted one. That bocote bow posted above is gorgeous. I think I could just sit and admire it for a bit before taking it out to shoot.

Someone on here has one in GREEN GLASS. Talk about beautiful....oh my. If I would get one, it would be very difficult for me to stay away from that all green bow.
Maybe the person that owns it will post it again so everyone can see how nice it looks.

Larry

Posts: 1110 | From: TEXAS....Spring Area | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Jr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 13169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Jr   Email Steve Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let me tell ya Larry , from the time I opened the box I have had a grin that sometimes hurts my jaws from looking at my Bacote bow! It is Awesome in every way. Herb's wait time is 3 to 4 months. For anyone wondering.

--------------------
Steve Jr

3 PC Pronghorn 58"-#49-@26"
Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Longbow Association

Posts: 2227 | From: Griffith, Indiana | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©