3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Shan G. Mandrayar

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » My 2017...busy, busy, but it's been good!(Dec. 31st update) (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: My 2017...busy, busy, but it's been good!(Dec. 31st update)
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going to try to do most of this with pictures.

The year has gone by in a flash!

Between off season baseball/softball workouts....then basketball for Mae-Mae...then spring baseball and the never ending travel softball season for Mae we have been busier than I ever imagined my life could be.....but....

It's been one of those years that when I did get the opportunity to get out hunting....things just "worked".

As crazy as things were, I still found or made the time to practice and prepare for the times when I did get out. It would have been easy to get lazy...but I didn't allow myself to do so. I wanted to be ready if opportunty "knocked".

Let's get to it....

The first real hunt of the year was a bunny hunt at Shawn's with a bunch of good Trad Gang friends...first critters with my Timberghost Apparition...
•  -
•  -

That hunt was incredible...I think we killed around 18 bunnies that day all together!

Spring time...

Crazy times with Cade playing baseball(Jr. year), and Mae playing JV softball as a 7th grader....but oh yeah....it's gonna be turkey season!

I fit in as much scouting as I could before work and between games....I knew right where I wanted to be come opening day...

May 1...

Hunting a spot not far from home...just cruising a back road, almost there and bang!!!
a deer comes running out of the darkness and with no time to react...
•  -
•  -

Deer runs off, I stop....only a mile to go, not gonna miss opening morning....on I go...I'm hunting!

What followed was one of the best/toughest hunts ever trying to convince a henned-up gobbler to commit...

But after a couple hours he did, and I captured some of the best turkey hunt footage I've ever gotten all captured on 3 different camera angles....it's cool!!!

In the heat of battle....getting closer...
•  -
•  -

Screen capture while checking footage after the shot...
•  -

Deployment...
•  -

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting 3/19/06

Posts: 17700 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Guru   Email Guru   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tools of the trade...Sony Action cam that I had on a head strap, and a slate call given to me by TG'r Bob Palmer(it's turkey poison!)

•  -

Here's the set-up...you can see the other sony action cam that was on a small tripod that is remotely controlled and capture the "opposite angle" of the gobbler strolling in and the shot...
•  -

The string leading into the thicket behind me...
•  -

He didn't go far, the 300 grain, 1 1/2" wide Big Jim broadhead on a .340 carbon launched out of my old reliable black Kwyk Styk "Cy" caught him slightly quartering away...he was an absolute big, beautiful old gobbler!!!
•  -
•  -

Bonus!!
•  -

•  -

A true trophy in every sense of the word!
•  -
•  -

So despite how the morning started, real, lifelong memories were made....

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

Posts: 17700 | From: NY | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Guru
Admin
Member # 616

May 13th...

This was going to be a rainy Saturday morning in the blind, Cade had practice, so I was again alone...

I had watched 4 gobblers go to roost somewhere in the woods close by the evening before.

I'd been seeing this group of gobblers on and off for a month now...I finally got them roosted in a spot I could do something with them.

Never a guarantee, but this set up has worked before....I liked my chances!!

--------------------
Curt } >>--->

Buckeye1977
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 44686

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Buckeye1977   Email Buckeye1977   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Been waiting on this! Glad to hear you had an exciting season. Can't wait to see the videos too. I'm kinda in the same situation with two kids in sports and trying to squeeze in hunts when I can but wouldn't change it for anything. Gotta love the color of the spring woods behind a big gobbler strutting to the decoys!!!

--------------------
Nick

PBS Associate Member
Kemp Kwyk Styk 56" 47@28
Toelke Chinook 58" 47@28
Zipper 58" 58@28

Posts: 709 | From: OH | Registered: Mar 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rastaman
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 13385

Icon 1 posted      Profile for rastaman   Email rastaman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome pics and an awesome season so far Curt!

--------------------
TGMM Family of the Bow

[archer]

Randy Keene

Posts: 7162 | From: georgia | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
23feetupandhappy
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 18774

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 23feetupandhappy   Email 23feetupandhappy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[campfire] [archer] [coffee]

--------------------
The Lord Is My Provider......

Posts: 1508 | From: Eastern Iowa | Registered: Jan 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
A.S.
SPONSOR
Member # 9316

Icon 1 posted      Profile for A.S.   Email A.S.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[campfire] [archer] [coffee]

--------------------
http://www.tenringstrings.com

custom flemish twist bowstrings

Posts: 4255 | From: Ruckersville, Va | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jayrod
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 17800

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jayrod   Author's Homepage   Email Jayrod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What a year you have had curt way to get it done brother and can't wait to read the rest! :campfire:

--------------------
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Associate member/ PBS

Posts: 3237 | From: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
9 Shocks
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 36782

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 9 Shocks   Email 9 Shocks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KEEP IT COMIN!

--------------------
58" Thunderstick Mag 50@28
58" TallTines Recurve 47@27

Posts: 561 | From: Missouri | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doubleo
Contributor 2016
Member # 12581

Icon 1 posted      Profile for doubleo   Email doubleo   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A limb hanger! Keep it coming, Curt! [campfire]

--------------------
Wisconsin Traditional Archers Member

Posts: 1495 | From: Plymouth,Wi. | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
J. Cook
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 20751

Icon 1 posted      Profile for J. Cook   Email J. Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome...keep the pics coming, we know there's more!!!!

--------------------
"Huntin', fishin', and lovin' every day!"

Posts: 1273 | From: Kannapolis, NC | Registered: Jul 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for South MS Bowhunter   Email South MS Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good looking turkey, as well as the rabbits!

--------------------
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Posts: 4066 | From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats Curt! Dead Bird and Fresh Morels! Great Combination!

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17302 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lt-m-grow
Contributor 2015
Member # 3873

Icon 1 posted      Profile for lt-m-grow   Email lt-m-grow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cannot wait for the rest. Awesome so far.
Posts: 1219 | From: Mount Horeb, WI | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
vintage-bears
2017 Contributor
Member # 29551

Icon 1 posted      Profile for vintage-bears   Author's Homepage   Email vintage-bears   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love it.......
[campfire] [campfire] [campfire]

--------------------
"In the wind, He's still alive"
TGMM Family of the bow
New York Bowhunters

Posts: 2855 | From: New York | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©