3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Cade M. Cabrera

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Do you have a bucket list...??? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Do you have a bucket list...???
Alvey
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 22120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Alvey   Email Alvey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My bucket list is to provide my family with Meat that I have taken with my trad bow while Iím physically able..Itís not happenig I need to move.

--------------------
Every Accomplishment begins with your decision to try.

Posts: 352 | From: MT pleasant mills p.a. | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
curlis
Contributor 2017
Member # 9765

Icon 1 posted      Profile for curlis   Email curlis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to go on a Moose hunt one day.

--------------------
Pick a spot and concentrate!

Posts: 1060 | From: Monroe, Ohio | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trad_bowhunter1965
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 6938

Icon 1 posted      Profile for trad_bowhunter1965   Email trad_bowhunter1965   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep my list is Tule elk, Roosevelt Elk, Yellowstone Elk, Big Horn Sheep, Moose, Deer Slam. And more bows.

--------------------
Pronghorn Longbows
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Professional Bowhunters Society Member
The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why
(Mark Twain)

Posts: 1674 | From: Northeastern CA | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
acolobowhunter
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 14760

Icon 1 posted      Profile for acolobowhunter   Email acolobowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a list of: Elk, Deer, Caribou, Grizzly, Moose, Mt. Lion - have full filled all of them.

Now the only remaining is an African hunt and I have that booked for Aug 2018. Feels good to always have something to look forward to.

Posts: 533 | From: Colorado | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phillip Fields
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phillip Fields   Email Phillip Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to take a bear with my longbow, in the great North Woods of Maine. I tried this season but was not successful. I have already signed up for another attempt for the 2018 system. At age 71 I've pretty much filled my bucket list.

--------------------
Keep em Sharp!

Posts: 349 | From: Virginia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
huntryx
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3322

Icon 1 posted      Profile for huntryx   Email huntryx   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maine moose, although my decrepitude demands that I do it with a muzzleloader, can't pull a heavy enough bow for it.

--------------------
NYB Life Member
Compton's Life Member
TGMM Family of the Bow

"The Perfection of Imperfection"

Posts: 2537 | From: Upstate NY | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Story John,

Yes I agree, good to see you post casey.

As said earlier "my bucket has a hole in it". I love hunting and take opportunities as they come. nothing specific for me and my desires constantly change.

Good Luck Susan. I hope you have already started applying for tags. lol

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17296 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mcgroundstalker
Contributor 2018
Member # 10420

Icon 3 posted      Profile for mcgroundstalker   Email mcgroundstalker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My bucket list is very simple... Would like to take a deer, from the ground, stalking... Been at this "eye level" game for quite some time and had many close encounters, but no filled tags...

Some people say that I don't want to "kill" a deer... If I did I'd use a tree stand or store bought blind... I say (they) are right! I Want To "Hunt" A Deer! Simple..... [dunno]

Thanks for asking Ron...

--------------------
"Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies"

Posts: 4141 | From: new york | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
achigan
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 39387

Icon 1 posted      Profile for achigan   Email achigan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hereditary foot problems take chasing elk off my list, finances take moose various and brown bears off. No desire for blackies. I've taken a mature white tail from the ground a 8 yards. Staying healthy, and doing what I can each day is my goal. Passing away with my (hunting) boots on would be great.

--------------------
PBS Associate
"The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places. Indeed my heritage is beautiful to me."

Posts: 659 | From: Terre Haute, Indiana | Registered: Jul 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orion
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 2759

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Orion   Email Orion   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Once upon a time, I had visions of hunting Grizzly/Brown Bear with a bow, but too old now. Same for sheep and goats, though never had as much of a desire to hunt them.

I hunt elk a lot, and get to hunt Black Bear in my own state about every six years (takes that long to draw a permit), and I've hunted Alaska twice, taking a nice bull moose the second time.

Still would like to make it back to Alaska for a Caribou hunt.

Posts: 8675 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LBR
SPONSOR
Member # 236

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LBR   Author's Homepage   Email LBR   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have hunts I'd like to do and places I'd like to hunt in, but I don't have a bucket list anymore. Heck, for the last several years I've been super fortunate to work with BCY and live a string maker's dream! I've been so fortunate I don't feel like I've missed out on anything at all.

--------------------
Champion Custom Bowstrings
Trad Gang Sponsor since March 2003--Voted In By Members
Proud Supporter of the Catch-a-Dream Foundation
www.catchadream.org

Bowstring Questions? recurves.com/faqs.html

Posts: 6143 | From: MS | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sam McMichael
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 17671

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sam McMichael   Email Sam McMichael   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My biggest desire is NOT to kick the bucket! I am just now beginning to have a number of those issues generally associated with getting older, and I am not aging gracefully. Shooting the bow is currently uncomfortable to the point that I couldn't bowhunt this year. I am doing some therapy to regain the ability to pull my bow, so I guess the ability to bowhunt at all goes to the top of my list. Once the ability to shoot is restored, taking a sizeable hog is a priority.

--------------------
Sam

Posts: 4886 | From: Gray, Georgia | Registered: Sep 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ron w
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 14741

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ron w   Author's Homepage   Email ron w   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hear you Sam, getting older has slowed me some but I still try to get out as much as I can. Who ever said these would be the golden years was full of it.........lol. I just wish I could see more deer.

--------------------
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner. Shunryu Suzuki

Posts: 15954 | From: tribes hill , new york | Registered: Jan 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smoke
Member # 11553

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smoke   Email smoke   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My list changes every year. But at present it is: Canadian moose (going in 2018); mule deer; RM Elk; and mountain lion.

I'm in my late 50s and in good shape but I doubt I'll complete my list . . . but I aim to live forever or die trying. . .

Posts: 72 | From: lincoln, Ne | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan bree
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 39902

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dan bree   Email Dan bree   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Ron . I here ya deer are getting scarce around here to . Nice ones anyway . My bucket is to hunt Montana. For a monster buck . Other states have them but it's Montana for me

--------------------
Dan Breen

Posts: 550 | From: NJ | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©