3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Shan G. Mandrayar

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Stormy Kromer hat (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Stormy Kromer hat
BigP
Member # 44383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigP   Email BigP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone hunt with a Stormy Kromer wool hat? What do you think?
Posts: 9 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wooddamon1
Contributor 2018
Member # 26099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wooddamon1   Email wooddamon1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sometimes do, but I usually have it on backwards to shoot. Great hat for cold in general.

--------------------
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Posts: 4811 | From: Muskegon, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
K.S.TRAPPER
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for K.S.TRAPPER   Email K.S.TRAPPER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always do, have two of them and wear them all winter long not just hunting. Never have to turn mine around to shoot and I shoot longbows, never been a problem.

Hands down the most comfortable hat I've ever worn and several friends and family have gone to them after trying mine. I could post bunches of picks but since PB is holding them hostage I can't right now. Sorry!

Tracy

--------------------
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Posts: 3350 | From: Kansas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Holm-Made
SPONSOR
Member # 1997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Holm-Made   Author's Homepage   Email Holm-Made   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are very comfortable and I have two. I donít wear them much because they are too warm most of the year and in cold weather they donít keep the ears warm.

--------------------
www.holmmadetraditionalbows.com

Posts: 1886 | From: MN | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Jr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 13169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Jr   Email Steve Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a couple they keep your head warm. I also have a classic Bowman hat that is very similar. I wear them to church and just every day stuff this time of year.This summer I bought a coups cap from Two Tracks it is AWESOME and goes hunting with me , definitely keeps the ears warm. Plenty of options out there.

--------------------
Steve Jr

3 PC Pronghorn 58"-#49-@26"
Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Longbow Association

Posts: 2227 | From: Griffith, Indiana | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe ashton
Contributor 2013
Member # 11463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe ashton   Email joe ashton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely love mine.

--------------------
Joe Ashton,D.C.
pronghorn long bow 54#
black widow long bow 55#
21 century long bow 55#
big horn recurve 58#

Posts: 4264 | From: colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Nocking Point
SPONSOR
Member # 26001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nocking Point   Author's Homepage   Email The Nocking Point   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best winter cap out there
Terry

--------------------
The Nocking Point
Like us on Facebook
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Posts: 2731 | From: Log cabin in Osage county Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
centaur
Contributor 2015
Member # 14053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for centaur   Email centaur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, worn that style for years.

--------------------
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Posts: 4058 | From: WY - East face of the Bighorns | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kadbow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kadbow   Email kadbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one with the short brim that works in cool temps, the classic bowmen hat is much warmer for cold temps in a similar style.

--------------------
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Nebraska Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Pope and Young Club
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2579 | From: Western Colorado | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stickbow Sniper
Member # 45336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stickbow Sniper   Email Stickbow Sniper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. They look best with trad wool shirt or jacket as opposed to Realtree/Mossy Oak type camo. They are good for cool weather, not warm or cold weather. I turn mine backwards before shooting but that will depend on your personal style and anchor point.
Posts: 1 | From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bear_hunter45
2017 Contributor
Member # 39514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bear_hunter45   Email Bear_hunter45   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you buy a Stormy Kromer I would suggest you get the rancher model. It has bigger ear flaps and will keep your ears a lot warmer. Iíve been out moving wood to my boiler this morning. Itís 7 degrees with a 5 mph wind and my head and ears are warm as can be.
Posts: 15 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
limbshaker
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 34690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for limbshaker   Email limbshaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a few. The waxed canvas one is nice when it's damp out. The wool ones breathe better and are more comfortable. I can't shoot with them on though.

But.

I have two of the brimless ones and LOVE em. Fit good, low profile, and just warm enough without making your head sweat. It gets my pick for bowhunting

--------------------
"Leaves are fallin all around..time I was on my way." -Led Zeppelin

Posts: 157 | From: Decatur, AL | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Zor
Contributor 2017
Member # 45935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Zor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. But even with the short brim I have to turn it a bit sideways to clear the string.
Posts: 63 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jan 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vesty
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vesty   Email Vesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing better in my opinion. I have two of the short brim models they used to sell. Why they stopped offering this option I'll never know, but a few complaints sent their way may get their attention.
Posts: 438 | From: Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wapiti Chaser
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wapiti Chaser   Author's Homepage   Email Wapiti Chaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have sent in suggestions to bring back the short brim several times ... I did just pick up a pair of Stormy Kromer Grey wool pants for $20 at an antique store that are just like new . Love there stuff and I think the short brim would sell .

--------------------
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Posts: 2347 | From: Bergen NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©