3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Cade M. Cabrera

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » Stormy Kromer hat (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Stormy Kromer hat
BigP
Member # 44383

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigP   Email BigP   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone hunt with a Stormy Kromer wool hat? What do you think?
Posts: 9 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2015  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wooddamon1
Contributor 2018
Member # 26099

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wooddamon1   Email wooddamon1   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sometimes do, but I usually have it on backwards to shoot. Great hat for cold in general.

--------------------
"The history of the bow and arrow is the history of mankind..."-Fred Bear

Posts: 4800 | From: Muskegon, Michigan | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
K.S.TRAPPER
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 6950

Icon 1 posted      Profile for K.S.TRAPPER   Email K.S.TRAPPER   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always do, have two of them and wear them all winter long not just hunting. Never have to turn mine around to shoot and I shoot longbows, never been a problem.

Hands down the most comfortable hat I've ever worn and several friends and family have gone to them after trying mine. I could post bunches of picks but since PB is holding them hostage I can't right now. Sorry!

Tracy

--------------------
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Posts: 3349 | From: Kansas | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Holm-Made
SPONSOR
Member # 1997

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Holm-Made   Author's Homepage   Email Holm-Made   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are very comfortable and I have two. I donít wear them much because they are too warm most of the year and in cold weather they donít keep the ears warm.

--------------------
www.holmmadetraditionalbows.com

Posts: 1886 | From: MN | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Steve Jr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 13169

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Steve Jr   Email Steve Jr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a couple they keep your head warm. I also have a classic Bowman hat that is very similar. I wear them to church and just every day stuff this time of year.This summer I bought a coups cap from Two Tracks it is AWESOME and goes hunting with me , definitely keeps the ears warm. Plenty of options out there.

--------------------
Steve Jr

3 PC Pronghorn 58"-#49-@26"
Stalker Coyote FXT LB 58" & 48#@26"
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Longbow Association

Posts: 2223 | From: Griffith, Indiana | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
joe ashton
Contributor 2013
Member # 11463

Icon 1 posted      Profile for joe ashton   Email joe ashton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Absolutely love mine.

--------------------
Joe Ashton,D.C.
pronghorn long bow 54#
black widow long bow 55#
21 century long bow 55#
big horn recurve 58#

Posts: 4264 | From: colorado | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Nocking Point
SPONSOR
Member # 26001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nocking Point   Author's Homepage   Email The Nocking Point   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best winter cap out there
Terry

--------------------
The Nocking Point
Like us on Facebook
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Posts: 2729 | From: Log cabin in Osage county Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
centaur
Contributor 2015
Member # 14053

Icon 1 posted      Profile for centaur   Email centaur   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yep, worn that style for years.

--------------------
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Posts: 4057 | From: WY - East face of the Bighorns | Registered: Oct 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kadbow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 7420

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kadbow   Email kadbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have one with the short brim that works in cool temps, the classic bowmen hat is much warmer for cold temps in a similar style.

--------------------
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
Colorado Bowhunters Association
Nebraska Bowhunters Association
Grand Mesa Bowmen
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
Pope and Young Club
TGMM Family of the Bow

Posts: 2578 | From: Western Colorado | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stickbow Sniper
Member # 45336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Stickbow Sniper   Email Stickbow Sniper   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. They look best with trad wool shirt or jacket as opposed to Realtree/Mossy Oak type camo. They are good for cool weather, not warm or cold weather. I turn mine backwards before shooting but that will depend on your personal style and anchor point.
Posts: 1 | From: Alabama | Registered: Sep 2016  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bear_hunter45
2017 Contributor
Member # 39514

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bear_hunter45   Email Bear_hunter45   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you buy a Stormy Kromer I would suggest you get the rancher model. It has bigger ear flaps and will keep your ears a lot warmer. Iíve been out moving wood to my boiler this morning. Itís 7 degrees with a 5 mph wind and my head and ears are warm as can be.
Posts: 15 | From: Indiana | Registered: Aug 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
limbshaker
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 34690

Icon 1 posted      Profile for limbshaker   Email limbshaker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a few. The waxed canvas one is nice when it's damp out. The wool ones breathe better and are more comfortable. I can't shoot with them on though.

But.

I have two of the brimless ones and LOVE em. Fit good, low profile, and just warm enough without making your head sweat. It gets my pick for bowhunting

--------------------
"Leaves are fallin all around..time I was on my way." -Led Zeppelin

Posts: 157 | From: Decatur, AL | Registered: Aug 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Zor
Contributor 2017
Member # 45935

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Zor     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. But even with the short brim I have to turn it a bit sideways to clear the string.
Posts: 61 | From: Arizona | Registered: Jan 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vesty
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 4615

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vesty   Email Vesty   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing better in my opinion. I have two of the short brim models they used to sell. Why they stopped offering this option I'll never know, but a few complaints sent their way may get their attention.
Posts: 438 | From: Kalamazoo, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wapiti Chaser
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 2085

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Wapiti Chaser   Author's Homepage   Email Wapiti Chaser   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have sent in suggestions to bring back the short brim several times ... I did just pick up a pair of Stormy Kromer Grey wool pants for $20 at an antique store that are just like new . Love there stuff and I think the short brim would sell .

--------------------
" Take a kid bowhunting"
New York Bowhunters BOD
PBS Member

Posts: 2347 | From: Bergen NY | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Codeô is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©