3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Shan G. Mandrayar

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » 3rd Annual Boeuf Hog Hunt (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 3rd Annual Boeuf Hog Hunt
DanielB89
SPONSOR
Member # 37294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanielB89   Email DanielB89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back in 2015 I wanted to meet some fellow tradgangers, so I opened up our camp on a local WMA to whom ever would show up, that first year some life long friendships were made. We had guys from AK, Canada, OK, TX, South LA, North LA, and i'm almost positive i'm missing a few. It was a blast, even if we did not manage to walk away with any pork!

Last year, it was the same story. A great group of guys came back with a lot of the same guys and a couple new. Again, it was a ton of fun! This year, it's a lot of the same story. Majority of the guys comings are repeat customers and it will be great to see them! One person wont be showing up as he isn't with us anymore. I don't look forward to the campfire with out Marty's stories. Some of his Alaskan adventure stories were almost too good to be true! It also helps that he brought a hefty portion of smoked salmon to camp each time he came.

I figured I would get the ball rolling on this years thread. After the past 2 years experiences with water and pigs being unpredictable, we decided to keep it around 10-12 people, and I believe that's what were sitting on atm.

--------------------
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor than to divide the spoil with the proud. ~ Proverbs 16:18-19

Hunter's Choice Bowstrings

Black Eagle Arrow Dealer

Posts: 3050 | From: Monroe, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crittergetter
SPONSOR
Member # 40336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crittergetter   Email Crittergetter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know I'll be there!! I look forward to this more and more each year!!

--------------------
www.primaltechbows.com
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Posts: 2062 | From: East Texas | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kip
CORPORATE SPONSOR 2016
Member # 3146

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kip   Email Kip   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want Gumbo I can be there. Killed a big sow last week but did not find it in time with palmettos 6'/7'high. Any dates yet Kip
Posts: 2507 | From: Ville Platte Louisiana | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielB89
SPONSOR
Member # 37294

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DanielB89   Email DanielB89   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kip,

Heck, I completely forgot to call you! Yes sir. the 19,20, 21 of January. I will be down there Thursday evening and will be there for the weekend! You are VIP! HAHA.

I believe I will be trying to deer hunt as well this year.

--------------------
Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall.It is better to be of a lowly spirit with the poor than to divide the spoil with the proud. ~ Proverbs 16:18-19

Black Eagle Arrow Dealer

Posts: 3050 | From: Monroe, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phillip Fields
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 9937

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Phillip Fields   Email Phillip Fields   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Daniel, I would really love to make this hunt with you. But, I've got a javelina/pig hunt in late Feb in south Texas and my TBH Trad hog hunt in April. BTW, I'm extremely pleased with the strings I've gotten from you for my longbows.

--------------------
Keep em Sharp!

Posts: 349 | From: Virginia | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielB89
SPONSOR
Member # 37294

Phillip,

wish you could come, bud! I want to go hunt Javelinas one day!

I appreciate the positive comments on the strings! I try to make an okay product [Wink]

--------------------

Black Eagle Arrow Dealer

drewsbow
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 3040

Icon 1 posted      Profile for drewsbow   Email drewsbow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you make an awesome string Daniel [thumbsup] [clapper]

--------------------
Try to be the person your dog thinks you are :0)
TGMM Family of the Bow
N.Y. Bowhunters member
BigJim 3 pc buffalo 48@28
BigJim thunderchild 55@31
BigJim thunderchild 55@32 Jim's bow

Posts: 6287 | From: Dansville N.Y. | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielB89
SPONSOR
Member # 37294

The days are getting closer, fellas. Less than 2 weeks away!

--------------------

Black Eagle Arrow Dealer

Hackbow
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 1259

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Hackbow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Getting excited! Been watching the forecast and it looks to be moving in our favor, although the woods may be a little noisier with the rain chances diminishing.
Posts: 1251 | From: North Texas | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cyclic-Rivers
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 21222

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Cyclic-Rivers   Email Cyclic-Rivers   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck guys, I always enjoy the follow up to your hunt.

--------------------
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers
Mohawk Hudson Traditional Archers
NY Bowhunters

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Posts: 17307 | From: Central Wisconsin | Registered: Sep 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DanielB89
SPONSOR
Member # 37294

Well, were 2 days away..

The pictures we've been receiving of everyone's "meal prep" is what the hunt is all about. I mean, lets be honest. With free range public land hogs, theres a great chance we wont get one. BUT, there a 100% chance we get to eat some awesome southern cooking! haha.

--------------------

Black Eagle Arrow Dealer

Crittergetter
SPONSOR
Member # 40336

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Crittergetter   Email Crittergetter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a 100 percent chance I'll be sticking a dang pig before you do! Just saying! Lol
My secrete is to get everyone so full on breakfast it'll give me a head start each day!! [thumbsup] [biglaugh]

--------------------
www.primaltechbows.com
An elitist mentality creates discord, even among the elite!
"I went jackalope hunting but all I saw was does!"
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity, I just need more opportunities!

Posts: 2062 | From: East Texas | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pdk25
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 12864

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pdk25   Email pdk25   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck guys. Work won't allow me to make the trip, but if the hogs show up at my place, I will try to stick one to show my solidarity with you guys.
Posts: 5638 | From: Ada, Oklahoma | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
South MS Bowhunter
Contributor 2010
Member # 16239

Icon 1 posted      Profile for South MS Bowhunter   Email South MS Bowhunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck Daniel and the rest of you guys hope to see some pig pic's soon!

--------------------
Everything I have and have become is due to the Lord and his great mercy.

Posts: 4066 | From: Mississippi | Registered: May 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRM_95
Contributor 2017
Member # 38163

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CRM_95   Email CRM_95   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As bad as I hate to say it, I won't be able to make it. I had some family issues come up. It's good news, so I'm not complaining in the least though. I hope you guys have a blast!! Maybe next year.
Posts: 678 | From: East TX | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©