3Rivers Archery

INFO: Trad Archery for Bowhunters

Cade M. Cabrera

Click Here for the
Professional Bowhunters Society AUCTION 2017

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Trad Gang.com Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
MY PROFILE | directory login | register | search | FAQ | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Trad Gang.com » Main Forums » PowWow » SHIPPING CONCERNS (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!   This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: SHIPPING CONCERNS
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a topic that comes up often. People complaining about shipping costs/charges/fees....and I'm one of them....

HOWEVER, I only complain about the cost and not passing the complaint on those that have to charge for shipping.....

Let me explain.....

I don't think a lot of folks realise what it cost to ship something. For instance, the TradGang Sweatshirts I am selling are very expensive to ship.

I sell a really nice heavy cotton sweatshirt with logo on the chest AND down the sleeve and almost of THIRD of the price is shipping!!!!!

Yes, I sell for $35 delivered and they cost 9-11 DOLLARS to ship.

Not much we can do but complain, but lets not direct that complaint toward vendors as they have no control over the insane rise of shipping costs over the last few years.

[campfire]

--------------------
"An anchor point is not a destination, it's an evolution to execution" - Me

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Black Powder Gang ......... & www.loopaddictions.com

Posts: 31250 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
carbonflyr
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 22990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for carbonflyr   Email carbonflyr   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just the cost of doing biz i guess [dunno]
Posts: 702 | From: new york | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
David Mitchell
Contributor 2017
Member # 85

Icon 1 posted      Profile for David Mitchell   Email David Mitchell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good point of clarification, Terry. Thanks [thumbsup]
Posts: 4103 | From: Charleston, WV | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kennym
Assoc Sponsor
Member # 2304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kennym   Author's Homepage   Email kennym   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I charge ACTUAL shipping cost and am shocked myself at the cost sometimes. The only thing I can convince myself of is it's cheaper than driving to deliver it. [Wink]

--------------------
Stay sharp, Kenny.

https://www.kennysarchery.com/

Posts: 12202 | From: Linneus , Mo. | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DeerSpotter
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 10453

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DeerSpotter   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't like hearing " rural area " that is a up charge quite a bit of the time. But like they say you can't do anything about it. And Hey it don't do any good to complain. Cause the CEOs of the companies don't hear it just a little guys at the cashier doing what they are told.

Carl

Posts: 1955 | From: St. Paul,MN | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Nocking Point
SPONSOR
Member # 26001

Icon 1 posted      Profile for The Nocking Point   Author's Homepage   Email The Nocking Point   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here at at The Nocking Point we charge actual shipping too.Sometimes I feel a little guilty about what it costs to ship orders but there is nothing that can be done,we are at the mercy of the shipping companies.
Terry

--------------------
The Nocking Point
Like us on Facebook
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Posts: 2729 | From: Log cabin in Osage county Oklahoma | Registered: Nov 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
M60gunner
CONTRIBUTOR 2018
Member # 6337

Icon 1 posted      Profile for M60gunner   Email M60gunner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is what it is. Guys moan because they have to pay shipping and handling on a pack of feathers. I learned years ago to “make a list” so when I order I get all I need and then some.
I have come to another conclusion with shipping. Send it second day, twice as much but a 99% chance it will get there on time and on target.

Posts: 2225 | From: Sun City, Az. | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Holybeardman
Member # 46289

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Holybeardman   Email Holybeardman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Being in the industry myself, I can tell you that these trucking fees are way inflated over what is reasonable.

I can ship skids of product for 300 bucks or less over 2000 miles. Thousands of pounds of products...

--------------------
Toelke Whip 60" 51# @ 28"

Posts: 71 | From: British Columbia, Canada | Registered: May 2017  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monterey
Trad Bowhunter
Member # 15276

Icon 1 posted      Profile for monterey   Email monterey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's another side to shipping.

Monday I walked into the PO with a longbow in a box, paid 13.50 and said "here, take this to northern Minnesota". And, they did it! [biglaugh]

--------------------
Monterey

Posts: 3090 | From: Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Stewart
Contributor 2015
Member # 12017

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jon Stewart   Email Jon Stewart   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Go to Staples and buy a box of grey postal shipping bags. They are self sealing and you write the address on them with a marker. They weigh almost nothing and you pay for the actual weight of the hat, shirt or sweatshirt. I was the merchandise director for an archery club , sold and mailed an unknown amount of clothing items this way at an actual shipping cost with no up-charges. I will say that small, med, large and XL shirts cost the same but an xxl is when the cost starts to rise.
Posts: 2932 | From: Norton Shores, Michigan | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BWallace10327
Contributor 2018
Member # 15447

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BWallace10327   Author's Homepage   Email BWallace10327   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by monterey:

Monday I walked into the PO with a longbow in a box, paid 13.50 and said "here, take this to northern Minnesota". And, they did it! [biglaugh]

I've shipped many bows for this rate too, which I why I will not pay $8.00 shipping for a small item that fits in a padded envelope.

--------------------
***$ Brent Wallace $***
NRA Life Time Member

Posts: 890 | From: Four Corner Area, Colorado | Registered: Feb 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamesV
Contributor 2013
Member # 23743

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamesV   Email JamesV   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have no problem with paying "actual" shipping costs but there are a lot of companies that overcharge for shipping to pad their bottom line. Their profit is already added to the price of the item sold.

James

--------------------
Proud supporter of Catch a Dream Foundation
-----------------------------------
When you are having a bad day always remember: Everyone suffers at their own level.

Posts: 2069 | From: Rolling Fork, Mississippi | Registered: May 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Was that insured with Tracking?

--------------------

"It's important, when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

Posts: 31250 | From: GAWGIA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Terry Green
ADMIN
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Terry Green   Author's Homepage   Email Terry Green       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BWallace10327:
quote:

I've shipped many bows for this rate too, which I why I will not pay $8.00 shipping for a small item that fits in a padded envelope.
Something is wrong here.....that's not just shipping.

The sweatshirts i ship, and I have recipts, are again 9-11 dollars due to weight.

This post was about shipping, not shipping AND handling.

--------------------

Zradix
Contributor 2014
Member # 17930

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Zradix   Author's Homepage   Email Zradix   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Nocking Point:
Here at at The Nocking Point we charge actual shipping too.Sometimes I feel a little guilty about what it costs to ship orders but there is nothing that can be done,we are at the mercy of the shipping companies.
Terry

SAME HERE!
We try to use the most "economical" option..but sometimes it just seems more crazy than normal.

--------------------
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Posts: 6099 | From: Shelby, Michigan | Registered: Oct 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply ~ PLEASE THINK BEFORE YOU POST! - Is your post trad bowhunting related? Check the FAQ or EMAIL if you're unsure!
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Shoot On Over To:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | Privacy Statement

Copyright 2003 thru 2017 ~ Trad Gang.com ©